Guarntee the Bears won't win the North

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by porky88, Sep 18, 2005.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>

If you saw redskings game, orton actually had to 25+ yard passes dropped by MM that would of let us kick winning FG, and 3 false starts on last drive that doomed him. should have won that game also. Plus, the more he plays the better he should get as long as they commit to run, and don put him in too many bad situations that would get him beat up</div>

"Should of won that game" A phrase over used a lot when talking about your team. In defence to that Pack. If Walker doesn't push off which he didn't need to we probably would of beat the Lions. You said it yourself also if the defense doesn't give up that late TD on 3rd and 6 we probably would of beat the Browns. So if thats the kind of logic your gonna use then yes the Packers much like the Bears much like anyone else probably could be 2-0.</div>

Too true, just saying orton played well enough to win, just like farve. Not saying they should be 2-0, teams win what they should win. Better team always finishes season as champ, and everyone else is tied as losers</div>

couldn't of said it better myself. That is a FACT! I agree. [​IMG]

2. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

true i think the bears will at least be second if anything else inless kyle orton turns out bad

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>true i think the bears will at least be second if anything else inless kyle orton turns out bad</div>

hmmmm I understand your giving an opinion but it's WEEK 2. So rookie mistakes can and will happen. Not to mention the Bears have played 2 crappy teams as have the Packers. Which is why I think the Vikes might still sneak up and take the divsion.

Also like BF1 said if your second your just another team added to the loser list. Even so 2nd in the North might not get you in the playoffs.

4. GoChiagobears

and so have the bengals in a way the vikings were sucking and the browns are blah

5. GoChiagobears

Praise for the Bears
    A lot of experts want to throw Chicago GM Jerry Angelo under the bus for not signing a veteran quarterback this summer. We talked about it Sunday on the pregame show. But Lovie Smith and his staff have done an excellent job with such atrocious play at the quarterback position the last few years. They've hung in there in a lot of games.

I know that everybody felt like Rex Grossman was going to be the guy to take the Bears to next level. And it's not for me to say that Angelo should have signed someone like Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner to protect their interests.

What I do think is that Angelo might have hit a home run with rookie quarterback Kyle Orton. He was in the running for the Heisman Trophy at the first part of his senior year at Purdue. Everybody was raving about him. But after a hip injury, Orton went into disfavor with the scouts and didn't get picked until the fourth round. But let's be honest ? he's been extremely impressive in his first two outings against one of the league's best defenses ? Washington in Week 1, and Week 2 against Detroit.

It Orton continues to impress, they have enough on defense and with their special teams, to be in the hunt. I love their physical play. All they need is a quarterback who doesn't make mistakes and simply makes a few plays every game.

Put it this way: Detroit's Joey Harrington was one of the top picks in the draft four years ago and everybody's waiting for him to get it done. If I looked at these two quarterbacks today, I'd take Orton over Harrington. Harrington has all the resources around him and everyone has been extremely patient, but in a very short season so far I'd rather have Orton.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>Praise for the Bears
    A lot of experts want to throw Chicago GM Jerry Angelo under the bus for not signing a veteran quarterback this summer. We talked about it Sunday on the pregame show. But Lovie Smith and his staff have done an excellent job with such atrocious play at the quarterback position the last few years. They've hung in there in a lot of games.

I know that everybody felt like Rex Grossman was going to be the guy to take the Bears to next level. And it's not for me to say that Angelo should have signed someone like Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner to protect their interests.

What I do think is that Angelo might have hit a home run with rookie quarterback Kyle Orton. He was in the running for the Heisman Trophy at the first part of his senior year at Purdue. Everybody was raving about him. But after a hip injury, Orton went into disfavor with the scouts and didn't get picked until the fourth round. But let's be honest ? he's been extremely impressive in his first two outings against one of the league's best defenses ? Washington in Week 1, and Week 2 against Detroit.

It Orton continues to impress, they have enough on defense and with their special teams, to be in the hunt. I love their physical play. All they need is a quarterback who doesn't make mistakes and simply makes a few plays every game.

Put it this way: Detroit's Joey Harrington was one of the top picks in the draft four years ago and everybody's waiting for him to get it done. If I looked at these two quarterbacks today, I'd take Orton over Harrington. Harrington has all the resources around him and everyone has been extremely patient, but in a very short season so far I'd rather have Orton.</div>

you get that off of chicagobearsfootball.com [​IMG]

7. GoChiagobears

no i didn't foxsports.com

8. GoChiagobears

Chicago defense: In addition to the five interceptions, the Bears added two sacks by All-Pro linebacker Brian Urlacher and held the Lions to 29 yards on the ground! Oh yeah, just for good measure, Bobby Wade returned a punt 73 yards for touchdown and Mike Brown took an interception 41 yards back to the house too. Easily the best defensive performance of the afternoon.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

All this hype and only week 2.

Edit: the defense is great. I do believe the offense will fine ways to loose games especially on the road.

10. GoChiagobears

we will see.

11. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>All this hype and only week 2.

Edit: the defense is great. I do believe the offense will fine ways to loose games especially on the road.</div>

Isnt if good to keep games loose, as long as you dont lose them? :cheesey:

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>All this hype and only week 2.

Edit: the defense is great. I do believe the offense will fine ways to loose games especially on the road.</div>

Isnt if good to keep games loose, as long as you dont lose them? :cheesey:</div>

Hey maybe they'll prove me wrong. [​IMG]

nahhhhhhhhh [​IMG]

13. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

it is my belief that the lions will win the division but if u remember ben roethlisberger walked into the steelers last year surrounded by a good d and ended up winning one of the toughest divisions in football. Kyle Orton looked real good last week and hes got a good d, and a very weak division the bears def. have a shot...the only team im ruling out is the vikings, and if the packers do as bad as they have the first two weeks then the packers

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoodie7)</div><div class='quotemain'>it is my belief that the lions will win the division but if u remember ben roethlisberger walked into the steelers last year surrounded by a good d and ended up winning one of the toughest divisions in football. Kyle Orton looked real good last week and hes got a good d, and a very weak division the bears def. have a shot...the only team im ruling out is the vikings, and if the packers do as bad as they have the first two weeks then the packers</div>

I am never gonna rule out anyone after two weeks are done. If Favre gets hot GB has a chance. If Minny's line improves then I think the Vikings who played against 2 teams who I believe will make the playoffs are still in. Right now my pick is still the vikings cause I went with them in the offseason to win it.

15. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

the vikes need more than an o line. They have looked terrible in every aspect in the first two weeks

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoodie7)</div><div class='quotemain'>the vikes need more than an o line. They have looked terrible in every aspect in the first two weeks</div>

as did Green Bay who started 1-4 last year. I am sure a lot of people ruled them out. So this divsion is far from over. I find it funny people are ruling teams out after two weeks. Especially in the North since the Packers and Vikings are a win away and a lost by the Bears to a very good and hot Bengals squad to being only a half of game back of the 1-1 Lions for the divsion. It's to early to rule teams out but I will say I don't have much confidence in either one right now.

17. gimmesix4

gimmesix4 nfl-*****s member

Yo heres my 2 cents.. as the looks of it.. yeah the bears. are gonna be the head of the division. but listion. the Packers last year went 1 and 4 then made the playoffs. 1rst in the north. now favre in recent years has needed time to heat up. yeah the problem is the D. if anything stops em that the reason. the Vikings as much as i dislike them.. the got the 2nd best chance. Culpepper is Culpepper the big guy is just gotta get used to moss out.. then them touchdowns and wins will come along.

18. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Simply put, myself or any of the other bears fans are not denying that minnesota could turn it around so could green bay and detriot may have just frozen in soldier field on sunday. But we are just saying from what we have seen the bears possibly look like the team to beat, every nfl analyst has them as sleepers and this defense has been one of the best in the nfl for a couple of years now. Now that they have a decent rookie qb, a running game and some targets they may stand a chance. I think from what we have seen thus far, the bears are looking the best out of the NFC North

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Simply put, myself or any of the other bears fans are not denying that minnesota could turn it around so could green bay and detriot may have just frozen in soldier field on sunday. But we are just saying from what we have seen the bears possibly look like the team to beat, every nfl analyst has them as sleepers and this defense has been one of the best in the nfl for a couple of years now. Now that they have a decent rookie qb, a running game and some targets they may stand a chance. I think from what we have seen thus far, the bears are looking the best out of the NFC North</div>

O yea of course the 1-1 Bears look the best to win the NFC North. I will admitt this but it's only going to be Week 3. As of right now the Giants and Redskins lead the NFC East. The Pats are in a 4-way tie in the AFC East. You see my points. It's to early to say so and so is the favorite. Give it 2 or 3 more weeks. Right everything is up for grabs. With that said if I were a Bears fan I would be very happy with my team right now. 1-1 and one of the best defenses in football. Now if Cincy Beats them and Green Bay and Minnesota simply win home games then that will change everyones mind about the North again. Thats my point. What I hate about anaylsis is that they switch back and forth all the time. Well I am sticking with my pick in the Minnesota Vikings to win the North with Green Bay in 2nd.

20. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i dont think the bears will ever play as good as they did against the lions this year. I looked at their schedule and i only see 5 more possible wins for the bears