Hamels ‘open-minded’ on potential trade to Jays

Discussion in 'American League East' started by truebluefan, Jun 29, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Last month, there was a report that said he would not waive his no-trade clause to go to Toronto.

This week, there was a report that said he would block a trade to Houston.

“I hear it,” Cole Hamels said Friday. “Honestly, it makes me laugh.”

It makes him laugh because he says he has not blocked any potential deals.

“I haven’t been approached,” Hamels said matter-of-factly. “People are looking at it like I’m holding the dice, but I’m not. Ruben and Pat are.”

Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. and club president Pat Gillick have been listening to offers on Hamels for months. They have made it clear that they are ready to pull the trigger when they get one they like. By contract, Hamels has already conceded to accept a trade to nine clubs. He can veto 20 other destinations -– but that doesn’t mean he necessarily would do that.

“I have not been approached,” he said. “When I’m approached, then I can make a decision and provide an answer about a team.

“But I’m open-minded on everybody and everything.”

Even Toronto and Houston?

“Yes,” he said. “I’ve always been open-minded. I will think about everything.”

Hamels doesn’t deny that Toronto and Houston are on his no-trade list. It’s nothing personal.

- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=362361#