Has anyone even noticed?!?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by NattaNerNuttaMan, Apr 14, 2009.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    I realize that Beasley has now become an after thought for ROY (and before some of you jump to conclusions and try to say I said he should, please read on...I'm in no way saying that).

I just want to bring to attention that after Miami's young coach finally got his head outta his ass and let B-EZ get some minutes....and surprise-surprise!!! Well, I'll be damned...he's killin' it!!!

His last 4 games as starter:

Date MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK PTS

Apr 14 (Hawks) 24 9 - 15 1 - 3 4 - 4 5 8 13 2 0 2 23
    Apr 12 (Knicks) 40 12 - 19 3 - 3 1 - 3 2 14 16 1 0 2 28
    Apr 10 (Celtics) 39 10 - 20 0 - 1 3 - 4 5 8 13 2 2 0 23
    Apr 07 (Hornets) 48 9 - 16 1 - 2 6 - 7 1 8 9 2 0 0 25

It just goes to show that some posters that were labeling him as a bust...just didn't comprehend the fact that Beasley......just needed the minutes and assurance to build his confidence. Next year, he's gonna be something to watch!!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Missed ya, big guy. Hope you're doing well now that you're back home!

3. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    Haha thanks, Buddy. It's nice to be back stateside. But, uh...no input on my thread?!? WTF, Man! LOL:cheers:

4. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Chalmers >> Beasley

:D

5. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    It's the end of the season, the Heat are resting their more important players, other teams are beat up and out of it or resting their important players too.

:)

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Still not that impressed. Four decent games doesn't make up for the 70-something games he played this season. I think his potential is somewhat limited since he's a tweener and his athleticism is relatively average.

It also helps that he has the MVP and leading scorer on his team getting 99% of the defense's attention.

7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I take it that you're not a fan of Beasley, huh Mr. J?

As it is, I'm impressed. He's been phenomenal since starting and I think he's got the ability to put up 20/10 games consistently once he matures and gets the starting job.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

When you're arguably the best freshman in NCAA history and the second overall pick, I'm expecting more than just "pretty good". It's alarming to me why he is getting only 25 MPG. That seems to suggest bad coaching or Beasley isn't as good as we thought. And considering Spoelstra took a 15-win Heat team to the playoffs, I would be more likely to conclude that Beasley's minutes have more to do with him.

20/10 seems a bit extreme especially since he doesn't seem to be a good enough rebounder to average 10 rebounds. But the fact that Wade plays on the same team is also a MUCH added bonus. I would argue that he gets the most attention out of any player in the league. Sure, LeBron and Kobe get their fair share, but they have the benefit of playing with at least one other all-star. Wade has no one remotely close to an all-star level. In fact, all of his teammates are at best second-rate role players.

Beasley just feeds off of double and triple teams from Wade. Take the Knicks game on Sunday, for example. Wade's explosion coupled with the Knicks typical lackluster is what allowed Beasley to "go off". As for 20/10, I don't think Beasley is a good enough rebounder to average 10 rebounds, though it is conceivable that he can eventually average 20 points. He clearly is talented, I just haven't been that impressed with him. I'll reserve further judgment until next season though.

9. Dee-Zy

Dee-Zy Member

Bease doesn't get much minutes because of his D, fouls and conservative culture from the Miami coaching staff.

We are not worried, he has been developing very well. Rather than rushing him and have him develop bad habits on D, Heat are making him earn his minutes and develop his D. His O is no problem. It is his D.

Bease will be a perennial 20/10

10. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Beasley will be fine. Like most rookies, even the heralded ones, he's struggled on defense. Rose has had his problems defending his position as well. But he's proven himself to be an exceptional offensive talent -- 47% from the field, 40% from 3s, scoring at a high-rate, per minute, even though his teammate is the most prolific scorer in the league. The Heat have a veteran starter at his position in Udonis Haslem, so he wasn't going to play a lot his first season.

11. KG5

KG5 Rondo's #1 Fan

Rose > Beasley!

Mayo > Beasley!

B. Lopez > Beasley!

for this season at least!