Has your opinion of Hendo changed?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Draco, Nov 20, 2015.

1. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Somewhere along the line this thread lost the thread.

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Unfortunately, no.

0-Our! likes this.
  3. GriLtCheeZ

GriLtCheeZ "Well, I'm not lookin' for trouble."

Gleaming the Cubicle
    No. Olshey described him as a rotation player when he was acquired, so I never got my hopes up. I expect him and Kaman to be traded by the deadline.

4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Nate is absolutely right on basing expectations based on payroll. Wes is expected to produce way more. The difference in expected production vs actual production is not even close.

Here is the thing. Does anyone think that Wes was going to become a BETTER player over the next 1-3 years if he would NOT have been injured? I don't. I think we were lucky to see his best years of production either way. He is a very limited, non athletic player in a league that is continually evolving into a more athletic game of running. Wes couldn't dribble the ball for shit for a guard, a main requirement in a guard's game. He is a player that needed to rely on others to get his post up shot. He did start to show signs of a decent post up game, but that's defendable when scouted properly. He is not a play maker but practically got paid like one. He is a great back up shooting guard in my opinion, who got thrust into the starting lineup when Roy went down and played well enough to keep the position ONLY because the Blazers ALSO lost Oden and found themselves with bigger holes to fill. I don't believe a team can win with Wes in a realistic starting lineup anymore than I believe a team can win with LMA as a #1. I loved Wes when he was here He gave us his all, there's no doubt about it... I just think we also saw the best of Wes.

0-Our!, VanillaGorilla and WillG like this.
  5. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Hendo is lowering my opinion of him every game. I understand missing shots but he's forcing offense instead of letting CJ set things up. He needs to play a secondary role as Mason does, wait until the defense overcommits to our PG then take advantage. He should not play as if he's the primary offensive option.

His defense hasn't been good either. If he's still injured then Stotts should make him prove he's back in practice first. Seriously thinking Pat could be a better option at this point.

He's definitely not helping his trade value either.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  6. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I'm definitely down to see pat get some run, but we have to keep things in perspective. Henderson literally just started playing with his teammates. It takes time. Plumlee wasn't looking so hot in preseason either. If Henderson is still struggling in a month, make the change.

blue9, UncleCliffy'sDaddy and PDXFonz like this.
  7. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Yes Henderson is playing like shit, yes I'd love to see someone else play. But at the same time it's nice that Stotts is letting him play rather than benching him for a rookie so soon. It is definitely a players coach type of move. Pat shouldn't be taking offense to a more seasoned player getting the benefit of the doubt, but if Stotts were to throw in the towel with Hendo so quick it might piss him off, which means this is a good chemistry move, and I'm sure if Hendo can't get his ish together he will understand someone else getting the nod.

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  8. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I'm liking what I'm seeing with Frazier on the floor. I'd rather see Crabbe and Frazier out there rather than Henderson.

Draco likes this.
  9. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Yeah Frazier has been very effective to my surprise. Another idea is have him in there with CJ at SG in the second units. With Harkless and Davis in there defensively it could be a good mix.

10. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

Don't you have to assume that Henderson being aggressive is what Stotts is telling him to do?

11. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

This is like Afflalo all over again.

The guy was trying to play through a shoulder injury and people bashed the shit out of him. Now he's back to being a fairly decent rotation guy for the Knicks.

Hendo has played in six games all year, after sitting out training camp and the preseason. Give him some time.

12. craigehlo

craigehlo Elite Wing

Henderson looks OK for a dude recovering from surgery that hasn't had a lot of time to gel with the rest of the players. I think he can be a real 2nd unit threat in transition as the season progresses. If he think he's going to jack up fadeaway jumpers as his main offensive move, he's going to be tough to watch.

13. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Its funny but I've also been thinking Hendo is having a very similar tenure here as Afflalo.

You see it as a positive I see it as a huge negative.

oldmangrouch likes this.
  14. Natebishop3

I don't see it as a positive. I see it as a "meh." I don't think he has a future here. I think he's getting PT because Neil wants to package him and Kaman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orion Bailey likes this.
  15. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

I think dame and CJ are Neils vision for the future in the backcourt, and honestly there aren't many SG's that CJ is giving up size to anymore. I'd like to see the team pickup a bigger PG to come off the bench.

Draco, Elton and Orion Bailey like this.
  16. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

love to get delon Wright from Toronto at 6'5.5, he's getting no playin time behind Lawson and another guy whose name I forgot

17. Natebishop3

There's a 6'8 dude who plays for Charlotte that could play some point.... I think his name is pronounced Bate-um.

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

We've got PLumlee!!!! Come on now...

19. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Cory Joseph who was the backup last year on the Spurs. Played real good when Parker and Patty were injured.

20. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Wouldn't shock me if we make an offer in free agency. Him and Dame seemed close.

But I expect Hornets give him the max which is $25mil more than we can offer.