Has your opinion of Hendo changed?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Draco, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    The longer Neil waits to deal him the more he lowers his trade value.

He's been Afflalo bad.

Draco likes this.
  2. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Think Batum could be pretty good as a full time SG. If Harkless improves or we draft a SF and with Aminu here that could be his role. He was solid defensively on guards but struggled with big SF. Sucks now MKG is out we might've seen a lot of it this year. Maybe similar to Aldridge next to Rolo; Batum could look much better.

Very unlikely it actually works with contract demand and other factors to where he actually comes back and signs here but it's interesting to think about.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Can I hit you in the hip with a bat and then watch you try to play basketball?

Strenuus likes this.
  4. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    You have my permission to hit him with the bat.

5. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

He never had trade value though. Charlotte insisted we absorb his contract.

6. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Hendo has somehow even lowered my expectations further. Aaron Afflalo was vastly superior last year as a Blazer. Hendo makes so many poor decisions with the ball, when to shoot, and where to be on the court. The ball stops moving when he is in the game. He wouldn't give the ball to Dame or CJ when they were open. He was jacking up contested double teamed fade away long 2 pointers early in the shot clock last night.

Why is he playing?
    What does he have to do for his minutes to decrease?
    Besides Mr Cupcake; has there been a worse veteran addition to the Blazers in the last decade?

Tunchi likes this.
  7. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

yep, it's like watching reruns of a really bad show. he so far is last years AA which makes me need AA cause of the driking his play caues me

8. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I've been disappointed in him, but I'm getting more disappointed in Aminu actually. Horrific shooting, and doing a lot of stuff on offense he shouldn't do (or more importantly, asked to do).

blue9 likes this.
  9. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Last night he had what 6 shots? He always provides stellar defense. Think he has been trying to expand his game offensively and struggled to get a balance of when to shoot, when to push, and when to defer. His turnovers and misses were trying to make something happen which I'd much rather see than taking a terrible Kobe style shot. I'm glad to give him time to figure it out because he provides an elite skill in the meantime.

Hendo was supposed to be a polished vet, doesn't come close to being the defender, is only signed for a few more months; so his struggles are far worse.

10. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Henderson is so bad you have to wonder if he is intentionally tanking his trade value just out of spite.

Felton, Crawchuck, Wallace, Camby, AA, and now Henderson. (not to mention LMA and Oden) What makes players hate this franchise so much???

11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Because a guy comes in mid season (or not starting with the team) cant fit in and doesn't play well, they just hate Portland?....ooookay....

Wallace and Camby played decent when with us. I think we probably got the best out of Wallace compared to other teams no?
    Anyhow, I get what your saying. Why cant more of our trade guys fit in...okay....

Amino is fitting in pretty well, Plumlee has locked his spot up. Harkless is playing decent. Vonleh seems to be improving....

Gotta look at it like the glass is half full... cause it really is. :)