hassel greedy?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by wolvefan4ever07, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Oneinpower:</div><div class="quote_post">You don't get it
    he want Minny to match it.
    if he doesn't sign an offer sheet then minny can give him a little raise and he will lose mill's
    look at Steven Jackson everyone said he was dumb for not signign with the spurs (3 years for 9 mill) he sign with the pacers for six years at 44 million
    so sometimes you have to bluff to get what you want.</div>

That is irrelevant to my post. It doesn't matter if he plays for the Timberwolves or not. My post was about the fact that the Blazers can offer Hassell the same as what Minnesota could.

And it doesn't matter if he wants to play fof Minnesota. It's not his decision, if the Timberwolves will match.

2. Oneinpower

Oneinpower JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Linkin:</div><div class="quote_post">That is irrelevant to my post. It doesn't matter if he plays for the Timberwolves or not. My post was about the fact that the Blazers can offer Hassell the same as what Minnesota could.

And it doesn't matter if he wants to play fof Minnesota. It's not his decision, if the Timberwolves will match.</div>

Sorry bro
    I got you mixed up with Tahsmith but I still think he is not greedy

3. Tahsmith

Tahsmith JBB JustBBall Member

none of you see my point but thats all good i guess

4. KGMVP

KGMVP JBB JustBBall Member

I understand the point you are trying to make. But its irrational. He's in a win-win situation by signing that contract. He's not greedy. Its just that he's not stupid. He would be stupid to take minimum or less money when he's offered a huge contract. And we didnt make him, we gave him a chance and he gave us a good season. He doesnt owe the Wolves anything, the wolves owe him for being such a bargain. He played well and made himself.

5. Tahsmith

were willing to pay him big money, so using another team as a pawn in your game to get more cash isnt greedy?

6. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

I'm torn, but think that he should show more loyalty to the system that made him notarized. He could've gotten paid and helped the team out.

7. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tahsmith:</div><div class="quote_post">were willing to pay him big money, so using another team as a pawn in your game to get more cash isnt greedy?</div>
    No the twolves were never gona offer hassel that amount of money. They were offering him barely 2 million so you see he did this because he new the wolves wanted him back and that was the type of money he wanted. Now he is good either way because he has cash, but he was not gona get that type of money unless he signed that offer sheet with portland now the wolves may still match it so it may be a win win situation for him. I want to see what the wolves do before I start saying anything about it being a good move for hassel or bad move signing that offer sheet.

8. KGMVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tahsmith:</div><div class="quote_post">were willing to pay him big money, so using another team as a pawn in your game to get more cash isnt greedy?</div>

If making a smart business move is being greedy then he's greedy i guess. If thats the way you see the world, then you can think that. The fact of the matter is he did what any smart business person would do.

9. Tahsmith

yea sell out the people who gave him a chance yea, i guess thats cool

10. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tahsmith:</div><div class="quote_post">yea sell out the people who gave him a chance yea, i guess thats cool</div>
    Man what is so hard for you to understand about this. He is not selling out anyone he is doing what is best for him if the people that gave him a chance really care about him they will match the offer if not he goes. God its that simple. He didnt pull a carlos boozer so he didnt betray anyone imo and you are just over rating this whole thing.

11. Tahsmith

ok dont talk fucking down to me ok mr smart ass , and yes it is turning your back on some one when they show you loyalty and take a chance on you then they fly the coop for bigger money when its your turn to show loyalty back

WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND IT

12. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not so sure he really owed the timberwolves anything. They owed him, they got a bargain for him at the level he played last season. I understand where your coming from, they did take a chance on him, but it wasn't like they spent 5 million on him, it was a little contract. He proved to them that he was worth a lot more with amazing defensive ability. Yet this year they tried to get him for cheaper than the market presented him with. He signed an offer sheet, probably with a small amount of hope that they match it. He doesn't have his whole life to make millions of dollars, his career may be over faster than he knows it. Why not live it up so you can have lifetime security? The more the merrier :P . Maybe he did not show complete loyalty to the franchise, but they didnt' exactly show a lot of loyalty to him, by offering a contract below what they could, and below what he's found to be his value.

13. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tahsmith:</div><div class="quote_post">ok dont talk fucking down to me ok mr smart ass , and yes it is turning your back on some one when they show you loyalty and take a chance on you then they fly the coop for bigger money when its your turn to show loyalty back

WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND IT</div>
    OK one I aint being a smart ass Im tring to say it in a way you can under stand. The wolves still have the money to match him since it doesnt start at over 4.9 million. So if they want him match him if not let him leave. It isnt that big a deal. Damn big deal they helped him out gave him a shot its not like he took it for nothing. He performed well for them and held up his part of the contract so it was a win win situation its not like only he got the good deal by being signed by the team he helped them out alot too. Truth is if the wolves didnt sign him someone else would have because a team offered you a contract doesnt mean you have to later after you hit free agency play for them again for less money. Then put your life and financial situation on hold.

14. Tahsmith

lol we dont owe hassel nuthin he owes us just a little bit of loyalty its not like hes living in poverty if he doesnt get that extra 5 million on his contract, see fred hoiberg hes loyal we took a chance on him and he returned that by showing us loyalty. He coulda gotten more money from seattle and the clips but he stayed true to us now thats what im talkin bout

15. Deadlock

Deadlock JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">He didnt pull a carlos boozer so he didnt betray anyone imo and you are just over rating this whole thing.</div>

Damn you Boozer!! Lol... this is not even close to Boozer...

16. Oneinpower

Oneinpower JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tahsmith:</div><div class="quote_post">lol we dont owe hassel nuthin he owes us just a little bit of loyalty its not like hes living in poverty if he doesnt get that extra 5 million on his contract, see fred hoiberg hes loyal we took a chance on him and he returned that by showing us loyalty. He coulda gotten more money from seattle and the clips but he stayed true to us now thats what im talkin bout</div>

Do you think Tim Duncan deserves KG money
    how about Kobe or LBJ in the future.

If you seen the Clippers and the Sonics they like to run and I just don't see them slowing the game down for Fred Hoiberg plus i think Hoiberg knew that.
    Loyalty means nothing if you are not a superstar.
    Is loyalty fair to KG and all the Minnesota fan that lost out on all those first round player(do you remember Joe Smith)
    do you really think that he should sign for what ever Minnesota wants him to just for Loyalty?
    how good do you think Hassel is ?
    is he in the top 5 in his position?
    yes he is and he should sign for what he thinks is fair.
    if minny matchs his contract in four or five year this will be a bargain.
    Spree will be gone.

17. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Its not a big deal....there is a difference in being greedy an dlooking out for your self.
    All Hassell is doing is looking out for himself and making sure he gets his priorities strait.

18. KGMVP

OK, Hassel's move has proven to be a good one. He got his money, the wolves got a good defender for the next 6 years. Tahsmith if you hate the way the NBA works, and if you hate the fact that its a business, then go away and stop caring about the NBA. Go watch NCAA basketball. You obviously have a skewed perception of what the NBA is.

19. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

He is not greedy at all. He is just seeing what the market value for his contributions is. He wants to make sure that he gets the money he is worth. A lot of NBA players don't ever get a huge contract and they make enough to live well, but they aren't gonna be made for life. Trenton used to be one of those players and knows better then to pass up more money.