Politics HATE-FILLED, UNBALANCED HEROES OF THE LEFT

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Good for Barbara. It wouldn't bother me a tad to see Trump get impaled by the nearest sharp object. As it is he's going to prison.

2. Lanny

3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Melania Trump: Lawyer who invoked Barron Trump's name for laughs at impeachment hearing 'should be ashamed'
    By Morgan Phillips | Fox News

First lady Melania Trump said Stanford Law Professor Pamela Karlan, who testified at Wednesday’s impeachment hearing, "should be ashamed” for invoking her 13-year-old son’s name as the butt of a joke during testimony.

Karlan used Barron Trump’s name to illustrate her point that President Trump can’t rule like a king.

"The Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can’t make him a baron," Karlan said in the committee room, prompting chuckles across the room.

“A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics,” the first lady tweeted. "Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it."

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham also expressed distaste for the quip.

“Classless move by a Democratic ‘witness’. Prof Karlan uses a teenage boy who has nothing to do with this joke of a hearing (and deserves privacy) as a punchline,” Grisham tweeted. “And what’s worse, it’s met by laughter in the hearing room. What is being done to this country is no laughing matter.”

Karlan was one of three legal scholars asked to testify by the Democrats in the first Judiciary Committee impeachment-inquiry hearing. The sole GOP witness was Jonathan Turley, a professor at George Washington University Law School.

Karlan’s Barron punchline came amid questions from Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee, D-Texas, about Trump’s conduct. “Contrary to what President Trump has said, Article Two does not give him the power to do anything he wants,” Karlan said, referencing the U.S. Constitution.

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., confront Karlan later in the hearing for what he called her “little joke” about Barron.

"It does not lend credibility to your argument. It makes you look mean,” Gaetz said.

Melania Trump and President Trump have been in the U.K., meeting with the royal family and Prime Minister Boris Johnson, along with attending a NATO anniversary reception. Barron is Melania’s only child.

4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    The Washington Post attacks Melania Trump's 'ridiculous' jacket after approving of her Christmas decorations

By Brian Flood | Fox News
    After taking issue with Melania Trump's White House Christmas decorations last year, The Washington Post now has a problem with what the first lady was wearing when she unveiled this year's theme.

After skewering Melania Trump’s holiday decorations in the past, The Washington Post has this year approved of her White House decor, and decided instead to criticize the former fashion model's appearance in a widely mocked piece on Tuesday that labeled the first lady's jacket "ridiculous."

The liberal paper’s fashion critic Robin Givhan wrote a piece headlined, “Melania Trump’s Christmas decorations are lovely, but that coat looks ridiculous,” which criticizes the outfit the first lady wore when unveiling the décor.

The Post, which called last year’s decorations a “nightmare forest,” spent a single paragraph complimenting this year’s “lovely” edition before pivoting to disapproval.

[​IMG]
    WHITE HOUSE UNVEILS CHRISTMAS DECOR WITH 'SPIRIT OF AMERICA' THEME

“For her tour, Mrs. Trump wears all white: a dress with a simple jewel neckline, white stiletto-heeled pumps and a white coat. The coat is draped over her shoulders as she strolls through the White House,” Givhan wrote. “The coat looks ridiculous.”

The fashion critic said “the coat is a distraction” and “a discomforting affectation taken to a ludicrous extreme.”

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham blasted the Jeff Bezos-owned outlet.

[​IMG]
    "It has become an annual holiday tradition for the media to attack all that the First Lady does," Grisham said in a statement to Fox News. "If this was a Democratic Administration, I suspect Mrs. Trump and her work would be featured positively in every mainstream news outlet."

The first lady announced that the White House had been decorated for the holiday season with adornments inspired by “The Spirit of America,” this year's patriotic theme.

She introduced the decorations on Monday with a video, walking alongside Christmas trees glowing with white lights, later sprinkling faux snow on a tree, adjusting roses on a fireplace and fixing a miniature wreath on the traditional gingerbread White House in the State Dining Room.

MELANIA TRUMP BRUSHES OFF CHRISTMAS DECORATION CRITICS: 'I THINK THEY LOOK FANTASTIC’

“In a video that is intended to celebrate the warmth and welcoming spirit of the holiday season, that simple flourish exudes cold, dismissive aloofness,” the Post fashion critic wrote. “Her attire suggests that she’s casually passing through and has little affinity for the occasion. She’s not getting comfortable, so why should you?”

Givhan added that the first lady has “styled herself in a manner that contradicts” claims that she is an “engaged hostess who sweats the details and frets about her guests’ comfort,” instead appearing like someone who would greet “guests at the front door, tells them to remove their shoes and warns them not to sit on the Lalanne sheep.”

The piece piles on, suggesting that a coat tossed over the shoulders is a tired cliché and goes on to mock other jackets she has worn over the years.

“Her attire would be less attention-grabbing if she took off her coat and indicated that she was happy to stay awhile,” Givhan wrote.

[​IMG]
    The Washington Post defended the piece, however, telling Fox News: “Robin Givhan is a fashion critic, which means she shares her perspective on the news, trends and business of the fashion industry.”

The Post and Givhan have both been shredded on social media.

“White House Christmas decorations triggers deranged criticism,” Sen. Marco Rubio wrote on Instagram. ”‪Does anyone in the world of major media have enough self awareness to realize the damage their hatred of @realdonaldtrump is inflicting on them & journalism?"

The Post’s tweet promoting the story was also mocked, receiving nearly 4,000 negative comments compared to only 688 likes as of Tuesday morning.

Melania Trump is no stranger to ridicule from the press and a variety of mainstream media outlets bashed her holiday decorations in 2018. The Washington Post was among the critics then, too, with an opinion piece referring to Melania’s “nightmare forest” that recycled many of the derogatory comparisons made by Twitter trolls days earlier.

Last year, the first lady brushed off criticism of her White House Christmas decorations that featured a lot of red, which the first lady’s office called “a symbol of valor and bravery.” Melania Trump even invited everyone to check them out in person.

"It’s the 21st century and everybody has different tastes, I think they look fantastic,” she said at a Liberty University event following criticism of the decorations.

5. Lanny

White Christmas lights remind me of street and porch lights.
    Christmas lights ought to be festive.
    The style of the coat and the wearing of the coat smacks of elitism.
    Baron was not slighted not even the least bit slighted. Much ado about nothing.

6. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Yet more drivel from Faux news...and they failed to mention that she also has a nice rack.

Chris Craig likes this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Oh my goodness, not an innocuous mention of Barron! They criticized Melania's attire, oh lord!

8. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Typical Faux News propaganda BS...the professor apologized and admitted that she should have said it, but maris predictably decided to do his "copy and Paste" thing and Faux still felt the need make a big deal about nothing.

Trump lies and says awful things about exceptional people but refuses to apologize and his sheep think it's OK, but a professor simply uses the word "Baron" without any malice and then apologizes for it anyway and she's ridiculed ?

Gotta love the double standard.

Lanny, riverman and Chris Craig like this.
  9. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Pearls clutched

Chris Craig likes this.
  10. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Sorry @MARIS61 but you just stepped in a big pile of dog shit on this one......all politicians are bald faced hypocrites, but the Republican always seem to be the lead dog on the hypocrisy sleigh ride. Did we REALLY forget the abuse that was directed at 12 year old Chelsea Clinton when her father was in office??? Rush “I Need More Drugs” Limbaugh called her “the White House dog”, and “Saint” John McCain (yes, I know you don’t claim him but he was the Republican standard bearer for decades) said the reason Chelsea was ugly was because “Janet Reno was her father”. And those are just two examples of many. Perhaps you should find a ladder to get down from your high horse before you fall even farther......

Lanny, riverman and Chris Craig like this.
  11. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

12. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

@MARIS61 thoughts?

13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    I see what's inside you now.

14. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Not to defend John McCain but he never said anything of the sort, a complete lie.

McCain was a close friend of Hillary's and she praised him just a few days ago on Howard Stern.

I wouldn't know what Limbaugh may have said.

Fact is, there's nothing but sickos left in the Dem party. Deranged, unhappy, viscious, hateful people, who blame others for their failure in life.

Miserable, lazy losers trying to drag the hard-working happy people down with them.

15. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Washington Post mocked for suggesting Melania Trump could be 'sending coded messages'
    By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

The Washington Post raised eyebrows Thursday for a column asking whether first lady Melania Trump is "sending coded messages" while serving as the presidential spouse or if "we are just talking to ourselves."

Post columnist Monica Hesse opened her piece by addressing the upcoming unauthorized biography "Free, Melania" and acknowledged how much of the book relied largely upon other people's accounts as well as speculation, which Hesse described as "analysis" about things ranging from the first lady's body language to fashion choices.

According to Hesse, author Kate Bennett argued that the first lady made "intentional" fashion statements, one of which involved the memorable jacket she wore on a trip to the southern border where migrant children were being detained that read, “I really don’t care, do u?" The biography author insisted it was actually a message to Ivanka Trump, who supposedly took credit for urging her father to end the separations of migrant families.

"Is there symbolism in everything Melania Trump does, or not?" Hesse asked. "Is Melania Trump playing five-dimensional chess against the rest of her checkers-playing family, or not? Will we ever know? Does it even matter? Does your pointed commentary about the administration’s immigration policy matter, if, to understand you’ve commented at all, the American public must intimately know the shopping habits of your grown stepdaughter?"

[​IMG]
    A Washington Post columnist suggested first lady Melania Trump may have been sending "messages" with her fashion choices. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, Montage)

Hesse then asked whether "bizarrely choosing to communicate in fashion code" instead of spoken language or having "no plan at all" was the "more unsettling interpretation" of Melania Trump, later writing, "I have wondered whether Melania Trump is a genius. I have wondered whether she’s an idiot. I have wondered why I wonder about her at all."

"A job requirement of models is the ability to disappear: to sublimate one’s own identity into the clothing so that the shopper can picture herself wearing it instead," the Post columnist explained. "Melania Trump’s greatest achievement has been her self-sublimation, her ability would like Melania Trump to mean something. I would like for her to mean something in the way that we would all like any of this chaotic era to mean anything, because the alternative is that we’re just living in chaos, in a country led by chaotic people.ty to let people project their own worldviews onto her. Conservatives see a classy helpmeet, bringing old-world elegance to the White House. Liberals, zeroing in on her initial New York home base and her thirsty eyes toward Justin Trudeau, proposed for a while that she might loathe her husband as much as they did."

She continued, "I would like Melania Trump to mean something. I would like for her to mean something in the way that we would all like any of this chaotic era to mean anything, because the alternative is that we’re just living in chaos, in a country led by chaotic people... What if there was no meaning. What if we stopped inventing meaning... Free, Melania. Free us all."

The column sparked questions of concern from many readers on social media.

"R u ok," Washington Examiner executive editor Seth Mandel asked.

The Daily Wire's Jessica Fletcher similarly tweeted, "Is everyone there doing ok?"

"Always good to get the perspective of absolute lunatics," Daily Wire contributor Harry Khachatrian quipped.

16. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

giphy (8).gif

riverman likes this.
  17. Chris Craig

ef960d6f64217e55344e7208aeff5577.gif

yankeesince59 and riverman like this.
  18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Are you looking at the large or small intestine?

Chris Craig likes this.
  19. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Jonathan Turley 'inundated with threatening messages' after testimony opposing Trump impeachment
    By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

Judge Andrew Napolitano praises Jonathan Turley's 'brilliant analogy' for House Democrats' impeachment push

Jonathan Turley, the sole Republican witness during the House Judiciary Committee's first public impeachment hearing Wednesday, said he was "inundated with threatening messages" after his testimony, which argued that Democrats do not have enough evidence to support articles of impeachment against President Trump.

"Before I finished my testimony, my home and office were inundated with threatening messages and demands that I be fired from George Washington University for arguing that, while a case for impeachment can be made, it has not been made on this record," Turley wrote in an op-ed for The Hill on Thursday.

The law professor at George Washington University Law School appeared alongside three other legal scholars with opposing views Wednesday and warned that Democrats would be ill-advised to rush to a vote on impeachment articles because they do not have a complete record of witness testimonies and supporting evidence to prove that Trump abused his power to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to open an investigation into 2020 Democratic candidate Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden's business dealings there in exchange for military aid.

[​IMG]
    From left: Constitutional law experts Harvard Law School professor Noah Feldman, Stanford Law School professor Pamela Karlan, University of North Carolina Law School professor Michael Gerhardt and George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley during a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee on the constitutional grounds for the impeachment of President Trump. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

"My objection is not that you cannot impeach Trump for abuse of power but that this record is comparably thin compared to past impeachments and contains conflicts, contradictions and gaps, including various witnesses not subpoenaed," Turley said.

"I suggested that Democrats drop the arbitrary schedule of a vote by the end of December and complete their case and this record before voting on any articles of impeachment," he added. "In my view, they have not proven abuse of power in this incomplete record."

Despite his testimony, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Thursday that Democrats will proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump.

"I remain concerned that we are lowering impeachment standards to fit a paucity of evidence and an abundance of anger," Turley said.

Wednesday's hearings elicited fiery remarks from both sides of the aisle. Republican lawmakers decried the impeachment proceedings as a sham, and testimony by Democratic witness and Stanford Law School professor Pamela Karlan derailed the caucuses' efforts to expose potential abuse of power by Trump after she made remarks jabbing at the president's youngest son, 13-year-old Barron.

Turley called out Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., for his "heated attacks" after Swalwell tried to use the professor's prior record as the attorney for Judge Thomas Porteous, who was impeached and removed from office in December 2010, against him.

He also criticized the negative news coverage of his testimony, writing that MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank "attack[ed] my credibility."

"There is an intense 'rancor and rage' and 'stifling intolerance' that blinds people to opposing views. My call for greater civility and dialogue may have been the least successful argument I made to the committee," Turley said.

20. Lanny

You've gotta take those blinders off if you really want to see anything.