Politics HATE-FILLED, UNBALANCED HEROES OF THE LEFT

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Threatening messages? Is Trump tweeting again?

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Claire McCaskill faces racism accusations after singling out Ben Carson in photo of Trump surrogates
    By Sam Dorman | Fox News

Former Sen. Claire McCaskill received a wave of backlash on Tuesday after she appeared to single Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson out for his race.

"One of these things is not like the others. Hint: they made him squat in the aisle so he was visible," McCaskill, now a political analyst for NBC News and MSNBC, tweeted alongside a photo of Carson on an airplane with other Trump supporters.

Prominent Trump supporters, including one of his top African American advisers, fired back.

Katrina Pierson, a black woman who serves as a senior adviser for Trump's campaign, tweeted: "Only a closet racist would make such an incredibly stupid and non factual [sic] observation. There were several 'things' on that plane. TWO OTHERS IN THAT ROW! You’re trying too hard, but don’t worry... You’ll see us soon in a town near you."

The president's oldest son also blasted McCaskill, clarifying that Carson didn't have a seat in the photo because he was in first class.

"Dr. Carson is not a 'thing,' he is a world renowned, [sic] life-saving neurosurgeon," Donald Trump Jr. tweeted. "Anyway, how's unemployment?"

This wasn't the first time Carson was targeted for his race. For example, the short-lived NBC comedy "Marlon" suggested Carson was a "sell-out" for supporting Trump.

“I mean, do you wanna be Dr. Martin Luther King or Dr. Ben Carson? Do you wanna be Rosa Parks or Omarosa? Do you wanna be Mrs. Dash or Stacey Dash?” asked a character in the show. "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin also seemed to single Carson out last year when Trump feuded with late Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md.

"When you are silent in the face of racism, you are complicit in that racism and I strongly believe that," Hostin said on "The View." "I'm calling out Ben Carson, who spent the majority of his career in West Baltimore."

In the new documentary "Created Equal," Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas remarked on the treatment he and Carson received as African-American conservatives.

"There's different sets of rules for different people," he says in a preview clip released in October. "If you criticize a black person who's more liberal, you're a racist whereas if you can do whatever to me -- or now, Ben Carson -- and that's fine because you're not really black because you're not doing what we expect black people to do."

Carson has repeatedly defended President Trump from accusations of racism and bigotry, saying last summer: "I have an advantage of knowing the president very well, and he's not a racist and his comments are not racist."

3. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Trump supporters calling someone else a racist, now that's rich.

Chris Craig likes this.
  4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Fake News' disgraced moron Chuck Todd calls Bernie Hitler, his supporters brown-shirts.

MSNBC's Chuck Todd under fire for suggesting Sanders supporters are 'digital brown shirt brigade'
    By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

MSNBC anchor Chuck Todd is facing backlash on Monday night for suggesting that supporters for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., are part of a "digital brown shirt brigade."

During a panel discussion on Sanders' surge ahead of the New Hampshire primary, Todd cited a column critical of Sanders' online support.

"I want to bring up something that Jonathan Last put in The Bulwark today," Todd began. "Here's what he says, 'No other candidate has anything like this digital brown shirt brigade. I mean, except for Donald Trump. The question that no one is asking is this; what if you can't win the presidency without an online mob? What if we now live in a world having a bullying, agro-social media running around, hobbling everyone who sticks their head up is either an important ingredient for or a critical marker of success?'"

He continued, "I know that everybody's freaking out about this, but you saw the MAGA rally that's preparing around here. There are people coming from three or four states on that. That's real -- and this is like Bernie."

That sparked major backlash on social media, with the hashtag #firechucktodd trending on Twitter.

Sanders' national press secretary, Briahna Gray, blasted the Nazi-inspired comparison.

"'Digital brown shirt brigade.' That's how our Jewish candidate's supporters are being described on the MSM. The contempt shown for ordinary people is really something," Gray tweeted.

MSNBC'S CHUCK TODD FACES BACKLASH FOR CONFUSING TONI MORRISON WITH MAYA ANGELOU

Sanders speechwriter David Sirota chided Todd's remarks, mocking how the media calls for "civility and decency" and compared insult to CNN's "swarm" description of Sanders voters.

Others called on him to apologize and even resign for sharing such provocative commentary.

Todd faced similar blowback in December insulting Trump voters by suggesting they "want to be lied to" since they believe in "fairy tales" -- like Noah's Ark.

On a special installment of "Meet the Press," Todd spent much of the show focused on the spread of "misinformation" in the media landscape. But, during a panel discussion, he pointed to a letter to the editor of the Lexington Herald Leader from January 2019, something Todd thought was a "fascinating attempt" to explain why so many Americans support President Trump.

The letter read, "[W]hy do people support Trump? It's because people have been trained from childhood to believe in fairy tales. ... This set their minds up to accept things that make them feel good. ... The more fairy tales and lies he tells the better they feel. ... Show me a person who believes in Noah's ark and I will show you a Trump voter."

"This gets at something, Dean, that my executive producer likes to say, 'Hey, voters want to be lied to sometimes.' They don't always love being told hard truths," Todd told New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet.

"I'm not quite sure I buy that," Baquet immediately responded. "I'm not convinced that people want to be lied to. I think people want to be comforted, and I think bad politicians sometimes say comforting things to them."