Politics HATE-FILLED, UNBALANCED HEROES OF THE LEFT

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Nov 2, 2018.

1. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

You can prove that a group of people you don't even know are angry?

Please present the proof.

barfo

Chris Craig, riverman and BonesJones like this.
  2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I wouldn't listen to the View for a Million bucks. Go ahead, try me, place a Million bucks in front of me and offer it on the condition I watch the View.

3. Lanny

Aye, there's the rub, it's got to be proven. And how do you define proven? You seem to have particular disdain for professional organizations that prove things, particularly our courts.

Chris Craig and BonesJones like this.
  4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Jim Belushi back in town again. Here he is with our friends and neighbors the Watts.

We're trying to get him to appear in a fundraiser for The Newberry Event, and I hope ultimately at the event this summer.

[​IMG]

5. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black

By Brian Flood | Fox News

CNN analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of 'white privilege' before learning he's black

It was a rough day for author and CNN legal analyst Areva Martin on Tuesday.

Martin accused Sirius XM radio and Fox Nation host David Webb of “white privilege” during a segment on a radio program before he broke the news.

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black,” Webb said.

The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

“That’s a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin – who also hosts CBS’ “Face the Truth.”

A dumbfounded Webb asked, “How do I have the privilege of white privilege?”

NETWORKS' NIGHTLY NEWSCASTS HAVE ‘INCESSANTLY HOSTILE’ TONE TOWARD TRUMP, STUDY INDICATES

Martin responded, “David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

The Fox Nation host then explained that he was actually black.

“I stand corrected,” Martin said.

Webb scolded Martin for running with an “assumption" and she then blamed her team for providing inaccurate information.

“That’s actually insulting,” Webb said.

“It is and I apologize,” Martin replied. “I was given wrong information.”

Martin’s spokesperson declined a request for comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-of-white-privilege-before-learning-hes-black

6. Lanny

My God, I've got to enter this monumental event in my diary.

7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    A series of top Republicans on Thursday condemned the decision by Democratic leaders to elevate Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar to the House Foreign Affairs Committee, charging that her history of anti-Israel comments was disqualifying.

The condemnations came as Omar separately fielded wide-ranging criticism for posting on Twitter that South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham was "compromised" -- and then, in a head-turning interview on CNN, admitting she had no evidence for the assertion other than that Graham sometimes supported President Trump. Omar has since rejected suggestions that her comments were intended as a homophobic dog whistle.

“Nancy Pelosi said in 2017 that Congress ‘must’ oppose the BDS movement against Israel," House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said in a statement, referring to the anti-Israel "Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions" effort. "Chuck Schumer went even further, calling BDS ‘anti-Semitism’ and ‘profoundly biased.’ I would love to know what changed, because Democratic leaders just promoted a pro-BDS Democrat to a key committee that deals with the State of Israel."

Omar -- a Muslim who wrote in 2012 that "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel" -- has strongly opposed GOP senators' push for legislation that would permit local governments to refuse to work with companies that participate in the BDS movement.

“Anti-Semitism has no place in Congress and certainly not on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. I am deeply disappointed in Speaker Pelosi’s choice, a choice that threatens the Committee’s long history of bipartisan support for Israel," McCarthy added.

In a separate statement, House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., called for Democrats to justify their decision.

TLAIB CALLS TRUMP 'MOTHERF---ER', USES 'ANTI-SEMITIC' RHETORIC TO CRITICIZE PRO-ISRAEL GOP SENATORS

“It is disgraceful that Speaker Pelosi and her Democrat majority gave a coveted seat on the House Foreign Relations Committee to a member who has a documented history of making anti-Semitic and anti-Israel remarks," Scalise said. "Rather than standing up against the disturbing rise of anti-Semitic rhetoric on the left, House Democrats have now just endorsed that ideology. House Democrats need to address why they are endorsing these views by rewarding Rep. Omar with this important committee seat.”

Wyoming GOP Rep. Liz Cheney, who as House Republican Conference Chair is the No. 3 Republican in the House, echoed that rhetoric. "The House Democrat Leadership should immediately condemn Rep. Omar’s anti-Semitic and anti-Israeli views," Cheney said. "Anti-Semitism can never be allowed to stand, in any form or forum. It is shameful for it to be ignored by the Democrat leadership in the House."

Neither Pelosi nor Omar returned Fox News' request for comment.

Some observers, meanwhile, alleged that Omar's elevation to the prestigious post is a symptom of a longstanding problem lurking in the progressive wing of the Democratic Party. Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro alleged in an op-ed earlier this month that "Democrats have soured on Israel and warmed to anti-Semitism."

Images earlier this month showed Tlaib wearing Palestinian robes and posing with Linda Sarsour, a proponent of Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam. Farrakhan has compared Jews to termites and praised Hitler.

"The truth is that the Democratic Party has been flirting with, and in some cases openly embracing, anti-Semitism for years," Shapiro wrote. "That’s why top members of the Democratic Party continue to kowtow to open anti-Semites like Linda Sarsour and Louis Farrakhan; it’s why the Democrats booed Jerusalem in the 2012 Democratic National Committee platform; it’s why the Obama administration routinely played public relations arm for the Iranian government; it’s why no major Democrat will go on record condemning Tlaib or Ilhan Omar."

Harmeet K. Dhillon, a national committeewoman for the Republican National Committee, slammed Omar’s comment for bigotry: “Breathtaking bigotry, homophobia from a member of Congress. It's not funny, and puzzling why Dems get away with outdated stereotypes and dumb conspiracy theories like this.”

8. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    This is a sad thread. Do I believe there's a lot of hate right now? Oh yeah, but how much hate do you possess if you're spending your time finding out all the ways you can point out that other people are mad too. I don't believe any of us are "innocent" in the problems we have, but I definitely believe the best place to start if you want to fix those problems is with yourself. Even if every single one of these "stories" were absolutely true, what if all the "heroes of the left" are angry, hate-filled people, what if every democrat, liberal, progressive, "whatever" is all the "bad" things they're being labeled as, would this thread help that problem or just make it worse. I'll admit that as a conservative many of Trumps things he ran on sounded "good" to me, but the tone was so off-base from the start that all the rhetoric, all the attacking, all any of that has done for this country is put people into defensive mode where everyone is just ready to attack someone else. I couldn't vote for Trump because I didn't think he ultimately was looking for peace, or for an understanding of people, he wasn't a leader. This thread is sad, truly just sad. What do you expect to gain from this? This isn't to say that politicians haven't been doing that for years before Trump came about, but in terms of presidential candidates, he was the brashest and most unashamed of attacking anything and anyone who questioned him.

Just saying as someone who views myself as conservative in a lot of ways this is a really shameful thread...

Chris Craig likes this.
  9. barfo

riverman likes this.
  10. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Colorado teacher faces termination after misidentifying Covington student, calling him ‘Hitler Youth’

By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

Covington Catholic student lawyers up with high-profile libel attorney

The legal team for Nick Sandmann, led by attorney L. Lin Wood, releases video footage of what happened leading up to the confrontation with a Native American activist.

A Colorado teacher is reportedly facing termination for calling a Kentucky high school student a member of the "Hitler Youth" after she incorrectly identified the teen as being one of the students at last month's March For Life seen in a controversial viral video -- which itself has been widely misrepresented.

The superintendent for the Douglas County School District recommended Mountain Ridge Middle School teacher Michelle Grissom be dismissed, KDVR reported.

In a statement, Superintendent Thomas Tucker said Grissom is entitled to a hearing, however, before the school board makes a final decision, according to KDVR.

Grissom, who has been on administrative leave since Jan. 20, is accused of sharing tweets wrongly identifying a student in Kentucky as one of the teens seen in a video showing an interaction between students from Covington Catholic High School and a Native American activist after a Jan. 18 pro-life event in Washington D.C. That viral video itself was initially misrepresented to paint the teens in a bad light. A more lengthy recording of the encounter, however, showed the Covington students were not harassing the activist, as had been alleged.

“His name is Jay Jackson. His twitter account is closed to non followers so we don’t interfere with his training in the #HitlerYouth,” Grissom tweeted, according to Complete Colorado.

Much like the initial video misrepresenting the Covington high school students, Grissom’s tweet went viral.

The 17-year-old boy’s father saw the tweet and responded, saying his son was not on the field trip to the nation’s capital, and instead was playing in a varsity basketball game hundreds of miles away at the time of the incident. The man even went so far as to provide proof of his claim, Complete Colorado reported.

He later tweeted, tagging the school district: “she finally apologized but has refused to take down her post and my son’s picture. My son was harassed and bullied as a result of this teacher’s rush to judgment…totally abhorrent behavior and inexcusable actions that need to have consequences.”

Grissom’s Twitter account has since been made private. According to Complete Colorado, Grissom has been employed with the school district since Aug. 1, 1999, and earns $74,015.55 per year.

The March For Life incident at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial went viral after a short video purported to show Covington high school student Nick Sandmann harassing Native American activist Nathan Phillips. The teenager was vilified online.

Subsequent videos that captured the full incident revealed the students – some, including Sandmann, wearing red “Make American Great Again” hats – were actually the ones who were accosted and yelled at before Phillips and other Native American activists approached them. Another group – the so-called Black Hebrew Israelites – were heard and seen shouting at the students.

Both school officials and the Native Americans involved have said they’ve received death threats since the encounter.

Sandmann and his family have retained a legal team, which this week prepared for the first steps in possible legal action for libel, defamation and cyberbullying.

“Many statement(s) were published that urged the idea of subjecting Nick to acts of physical violence,” L. Lin Wood, a nationally-recognized attorney in the fields of libel, defamation and the First Amendment, told Fox News in a statement Tuesday. “Although the courts’ opportunities to identify appropriate causes of action for harm caused by unlawful speech on the Internet have been somewhat limited in number to date, I believe that there are a number of viable causes of actions available to this young man who is and remains a private figure plaintiff.”

Sandmann’s legal team has also sent out preservation letters to more than 50 media organizations, celebrities and politicians advising them not to destroy any documents connected to the incident as the lawyers prepare for a possible libel and defamation fight.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado...entifying-a-covington-student-as-hitler-youth

11. Lanny

I'm so glad you provide these onesy twosy examples. They give us a good picture of what's going on in our country of 330 Million people. Brilliant.

12. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Judicial Watch Releases Police Report on Attack on Tucker Carlson’s Home: ‘Suspected Hate Crime’
    MARCH 18, 2019

(Washington, DC) — Judicial Watch today released a police incident report from the November 2018 attack on the home of Fox News host Tucker Carlson by the Antifa-linked group Smash Racism DC.

Judicial Watch obtained the Metropolitan Police Department incident report in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

According to the Washington Metropolitan Police Department report:

On the listed date, [Susie Carlson] heard loud banging and pounding on her front door. [Susie Carlson] went to investigate and saw a large group in front of her home. They had a bull horn and were chanting loudly. She retreated to a room in the rear of her home and summoned police. MPD arrived on scene and found a group of approximately 20 people. It was discovered that unknown persons spray painted an anarchy symbol on the driveway. There were also signs left on the vehicles parked in the driveway as well as a sign left on the front door of the home. The signs made reference to [Tucker Carlson’s] political affiliation.”

The report classifies the incident as “suspected hate crime” with the “hate bias/motivation” being “anti-political.” Also, the report says that six “hand-written posters” were seized as evidence. A handwritten note included with the report says that the “suspected group is Smash Racism DC.”

“Tucker Carlson, we are outside your home,” one person could be heard saying in the since-deleted video. The person, using a bullhorn, accused Carlson of “promoting hate” and “an ideology that has led to thousands of people dying.”

“We want you to know, we know where you sleep at night,” the person concluded, before leading the group to chant, “Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!”

Carlson said the protesters had blocked off both ends of his street and carried signs that listed his home address. The group called Carlson a “racist scumbag” and demanded that he “leave town,” according to posts on Twitter. A woman was also overheard in one of the deleted videos saying she wanted to “bring a pipe bomb” to his house, he said.

“Tucker Carlson wasn’t merely ‘targeted by protesters,’ as some media reported. His family was terrorized by a mob of 20 people who vandalized his property,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press...on-tucker-carlsons-home-suspected-hate-crime/

13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

We shall rebuild!

Chris Craig and riverman like this.
  14. barfo

It's getting so a man is hardly even allowed to be a bigoted asshole on TV anymore. What is this country coming to?

barfo

Chris Craig and riverman like this.
  15. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Conference featuring 2020 Dems begins with fiery chant quoting fugitive cop-killer Assata Shakur

By Gregg Re | Fox News

A conference featuring eight prominent 2020 Democrat presidential hopefuls kicked off in Washington, D.C,. with the fiery rallying cry of a fugitive cop-killer on Monday, as the labor and political groups in attendance shouted in unison, "We have nothing to lose but our chains."

Jamal Watkins, the Vice President of Civic Engagement at the NAACP, began by telling the audience at the We the People conference that he would invoke the words of Assata Shakur, also known as Joanne Chesimard.

Shakur was convicted of the 1973 murder of a New Jersey state trooper when she was in the Black Liberation Army. After escaping from prison in 1979, Shakur fled to Cuba, which granted her asylum even as she remains on the FBI's list of most-wanted fugitive terrorists.

"Now I came here not to talk at you -- it's gonna be a long and powerful day," Watkins said. "But I want you to do something with me. I'm gonna actually have you participate with me in repeating some words from a leader by the name of Assata Shakur. So if you could stand up -- if you can't stand, it's okay -- but I want you to repeat after me."

[​IMG]Video

Watkins then quoted Shakur, pausing to let attendees repeat after him: “It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains.”

Shakur's words, in turn, were appropriated from the final sentences of Karl Marx and Frederick Engels' Communist Manifesto: "The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Proletarians of All Countries, Unite!"

Among the groups in attendance were the Sierra Club, MoveOn.org, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, SEIU and Communications Workers of America.

They were drawn to the conference to hear from a series of speakers that included 2020 Democratic White House contenders Cory Booker, Julián Castro, Beto O'Rourke, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Jay Inslee and Kirsten Gillibrand.

Democrats and progressives have long embraced the convicted murderer. California Democrat Rep. Maxine Waters, for example, wrote in 1998 to then-Cuban President Fidel Castro to apologize for voting for a resolution that called for Cuba to stop harboring Shakur.

"I, and some of the Members of the Congressional Black Caucus, mistakenly voted for House Concurrent Resolution 254 which called on the Government of Cuba to extradite to the United States Joanne Chesimard and all other individuals who have fled the United States from political persecution and received political asylum in Cuba," Waters wrote to Castro. "Joanne Chesimard was the birth name of a political activist known to most Members of the Congressional Black Caucus as Assata Shakur. For the record, I am opposed to the resolution. I unequivocally stated that a mistake was made and I would have voted against the legislation."

Notably absent from the conference on Monday was former Vice President Joe Biden, who is grappling with accusations of unwanted touching from two women.

16. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    NYPD.

17. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    "Sword-carrying man wearing MAGA hat allegedly slashes pedestrian's hand: 'There was a river of blood'
    [​IMG]
    Elise Solé
    Yahoo LifestyleApril 1, 2019"

ummm, if this isn't and April fool thing,
    Then it sure smacks of Jussie Smollett and his thing.
    Leaving the MAGA hat behind? And here Maxine Waters just today said, no harm no foul. No one was hurt!

19. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    "the victim walked by the suspect and the man’s hat came off his head. The suspect took out his sword, cut the other man’s hand and ran away."

CAME OFF HIS HEAD? Yeah, right.

Knock a MAGA hat off a crazy street person's head and pay the price.

20. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I was in San Fransisco maybe five days, fall of 2017. Never saw a Maga hat the whole time. Seems most unlikely in that location.