Politics HATE-FILLED, UNBALANCED HEROES OF THE LEFT

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Nov 2, 2018.

1. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Keith Olbermann apologizes for blasting Mississippi hunter, calling for his life to be turned into a 'living hell'

By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

The ‘Clarion-Ledger’ fights back after Keith Olbermann criticized its story about a hunter killing a rare white turkey

Keith Olbermann on Wednesday said he was sorry after criticizing a Mississippi newspaper and its story about a hunter killing a rare white turkey.

The TV commentator and ESPN personality, 60, tweeted that while he is against trophy hunting, "nobody should feel threatened."

"This was anything but my intent, so I unreservedly apologize to Mr. Waltman for this tweet," he wrote.

The apology came after Olbermann tweeted an article published Monday by Clarion-Ledger outdoor editor Brian Broom, titled “Hunter bags bizarre white turkey.”

The article chronicled Hunter Waltman's recent catch. Waltman, 22, of Kiln, Miss., told the Clarion-Ledger that the rare white turkey was “one of the hardest turkeys I’ve ever killed.”

Adam Butler of the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, told the newspaper that the turkey Waltman killed was “exceptionally rare.” Waltman also told the Sun Herald he had received criticism from “a lot of haters” following the article's publication, saying “he shouldn’t have killed such a rare bird."

Olbermann took that criticism a few steps further, calling Waltman a "pea-brained scumbag" and the article's writer a "nitwit clown," as well as calling for the writer's job.

“It be rare and beautiful so me kill it,” Olbermann tweeted. “This pea-brained scumbag identifies himself as Hunter Waltman and we should do our best to make sure the rest of his life is a living hell. And the nitwit clown who wrote this fawning piece should be fired.”

The Clarion-Ledger caught wind of Olbermann’s criticism and wrote a follow-up titled, “Keith Olbermann: Make this Mississippi hunter’s life hell for killing white turkey.”

“Who can forget former MSNBC political commentator Keith Olbermann's 'Worst Person in the World' segment during his 2003-2011 show, ‘Countdown with Keith Olbermann?’” the Ledger’s Steven Ward wrote.

“But today, perhaps Olbermann earned that title himself. Why?” the article continued, explaining that “hunting is very popular in the South,” which may not be Olbermann’s cup of tea.

“But calling for firings and lives in hell? That seems a little far,” the piece continued.

The Clarion-Ledger’s Executive Editor Sam R. Hall commented on the article and Olbermann’s disapproval.

“Keith Olbermann says Brian Broom should be fired for writing this story,” he wrote. “What was I thinking? I guess I should have fired our outdoors writer for writing about a hunter killing an unusual turkey during turkey hunting season.”

He followed up with another tweet telling his followers to be on the lookout for Broom's "next terrific piece."

"Keith Olbermann‘s tweet was recklessly irresponsible. Someone with his following needs to understand the possible impact of his words," Hall told Fox News in a statement. "Telling over 1 million people to make someone’s life a living hell could have seriously dangerous consequences. In our newsroom, that would be a fireable offense, not writing a story about a hunter bagging a turkey.”

Waltman did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment. He told the Clarion-Ledger that he received "verbal attacks" following Olbermann's tweet.

"I didn't like the idea of that too much," he said. "I don't think a lot of people would like to be called out on social media like that, especially (by someone) with so many followers.

"They text me all kinds of stuff. If he (Olbermann) hadn't done that, none of this would have happened," Waltman told the Clarion-Ledger.

ESPN, too, confirmed it had spoken with Olbermann about his remarks.

"We have spoken to him about not making personal attacks," a representative for ESPN shared in an emailed statement to Fox News.

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Court-ordered Anger Management for Baldwin.

Case closed. :cheers:

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Ex-Clinton aide faces backlash for mocking McConnell's fall, refuses to apologize
    By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

A former aide to Hillary Clinton is facing backlash for mocking Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell over video of the Kentucky Republican falling down, though others on social media pointed out that McConnell had survived a bout of polio as a child.

Adam Parkhomenko, a Democratic strategist who served in Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, shared a video on Wednesday of McConnell falling while stepping onstage at a campaign event.

The video included the theme music from “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” which is a commonly used meme on social media. He shared it again on Thursday in hopes of reaching one million views.

Many pointed out on social media that McConnell had polio as a child and that paralysis from the disease has had a lasting effect on the lawmaker. Others slammed Parkhomenko for his “disgusting” tweet:

Parkhomenko, however, has doubled down, blasting journalists for running to McConnell’s defense.

He did vow to delete his tweet if McConnell “stops trying to take away coverage from those with pre-existing conditions or...in general.”

The office of Sen. Majority Leader McConnell did not immediately comment.

4. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Nothing funny about watching someone fall down and get hurt unless it's a nasty dictator or a killer trying to elude police.

5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

So McConnell has a preexisting condition

6. Lanny

If the hunter's from Mississippi his life is already a living hell.

Chris Craig likes this.
  7. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Adam Parkhomenko is a hero of the left?

8. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

The many statues of Adam Parkhomenko in San Francisco, and other infamous liberal cities, suggest it must be so.

barfo

Minstrel and Lanny like this.
  9. Lanny

He's 33 years old and already he's viewed as a major mover and shaker on the political Left by Fox News and that's good enough for Maris.

10. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Dem says all adopted kids become murderers, so kill them in the womb.

As a Real American Male, I have strong feelings about the inalienable rights of any living American human being, whether it's a growing baby whose first heartbeat was just heard in the womb, or it's a woman who is considering abortion for the many obvious, sometimes tragic reasons that exist. But I have never and will never express my opinion(s) on this matter, and likely never will, because it's none of my fucking business. I can't get pregnant. I can't give birth. My body won't be forever altered by either.

As a Real Intelligent/Compassionate American Male, I recognize males don't really have any justification whatsoever to contribute to or decide the debate regardless of which "side" they support.

This is something Real American Women need to find a solution to among themselves, and I am fully confident they will if men will just STFU and step back.

It's in our DNA to be defenders of our women and children and the disabled and downtrodden. As Real American Males we have our own demons of decision to face. Sometimes whether to trust an enemy or kill them. Sometimes to lay down our lives for those we love. Sometimes to toil in dangerous jobs to feed our family. Sometimes to defend our country from enemies within. Sometimes to simply be there with open ears and arms when they need to feel heard and held.

It's in their DNA to nurture, whether they nurture us, our children, or our society in general. They make sacrifices we are never asked to make. They are used as pawns against us by our enemies. Fierce defenders when their loved ones are threatened, they will not only stand behind us they will step in front of us when needed, or hold us back when required.

We've got plenty of fish to fry, so let's trust our women to sort this out on their own.

Alabama Democrat on Fetuses: ‘Kill Them Now or You Kill Them Later’

[​IMG]
    Rep. Rogers (D) / WVTH

BY: Mikhael Smits
    May 1, 2019 9:30 pm

A Democratic state official in Alabama on Wednesday defended abortion as a question of whether "to kill them now" or in "the electric chair" later.

State Rep. John Rogers spoke as part of a Democratic filibuster against an abortion ban in the state house. The law would define fetuses as distinct and living children, granting them protections under law.

The law, House Bill 314, is sponsored by State Rep. Terri Collins (R.).

Collins explained the bill as a formal recognition of the life of the unborn child. "The heart of this bill is to confront a decision by the Court in 1973 that says that the child in the womb is not a human being," she said.

Rogers saw things differently. He defended the right of the mother to kill the child, saying as much in a clip flagged by The Daily Wire‘s Ryan Saavedra.

"Some kids are unwanted," Rogers said. "So you kill them now or you kill them later."

Rogers argued that those children, if brought into the world, would have broken lives and end up in prison facing execution.

"You bring them into the world unwanted, unloved, and then you send them to the electric chair," he said. "So you kill them now or you kill them later, but the bottom line is I don't think we should be making that decision."

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), historically dedicated to protecting Americans' constitutional rights, took Rogers's side. According to the Alabama Political Reporter, the ACLU
    viewed the law as interfering with a "private medical decision."

"We are disappointed that the Alabama House passed HB314 despite the fact it would criminalize abortion and interfere with a woman’s personal, private medical decisions," the ACLU said in a statement. "It is unfortunate that members of the House are putting their personal beliefs ahead of what’s in the best interest of our state. The people of Alabama are paying the bill for unconstitutional legislation and we hope that the Senate members will realize its detrimental impact and stop this bill from becoming law. Otherwise it will be challenged in federal court."

Rogers also considered the case in which the child might not be at risk of dying. Here, too, he supported aborting the child.

"Some parents can’t handle a child with problems," he said. "It could be retarded. It might have no arms and no legs."

After the filibuster, the bill came to a vote. Many Democratic lawmakers refused to vote, walking out in protest. The bill passed 74 to 3.

11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Ben Shapiro received 'serious' death threats; 1 arrested: report

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

[​IMG]Video

A man was
    arrested in Washington state on Wednesday after reportedly making death threats against conservative talk show host Ben Shapiro.

Shapiro told Fox News he couldn't comment on pending legal proceedings but confirmed the situation, as reported by TMZ, on Twitter, thanking law enforcement "for their quick and hard work here."

The suspect reportedly threatened both Shapiro and his family. Sources told the outlet the threats were "extremely serious."

Shapiro, who currently serves as editor-in-chief of The Daily Wire and hosted an election show on Fox News last year, filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department related to the threats, according to TMZ.

The agency, along with the FBI, reportedly created a joint task force to search for the suspect.

The 35-year-old author made light of the situation online, tweeting about the photo TMZ chose to publish of him. He appeared to be donning a Minnesota Twins hat, which he called "slightly humiliating, however. #whitesox forever!"

He followed up: "(For the record, I own all of the MLB hats, and I switch them out when I travel.)"

Nicole Darrah covers breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter at @nicoledarrah

12. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    1 day after his hate-filled abortion rant, intellectually-lazy State Rep. John Rogers of Alabama tries to outdo himself.

This guy needs a 72-hr hold for Psychiatric evaluation, before someone gets killed.

Alabama Dem attacks Trump Jr. with slur after abortion comments spark outcry
    By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

The Democrat from Alabama who sparked outrage with his remarks defending abortion attacked Donald Trump Jr. saying he's "proof" that mothers should have the right to abort their children.

State Rep. John Rogers of Birmingham caused an uproar while expressing his opposition to the approved bill that would outlaw all abortions in Alabama with the exemption of women whose pregnancies cause a risk to their health.

"Some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now or you kill them later. You bring them in the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now or you kill them later," Rogers said.

[​IMG]

He continued by saying some children who face abortion could be "retarded" and "half-deformed."

Trump Jr. was one of Rogers' many critics.

"This is stomach curling and makes Ralph Northam look like a moderate on abortion," Trump Jr. tweeted, referencing the Virginia governor's support for a failed abortion bill -- an endorsement that critics likened to support of infanticide. "Every Democrat running for President needs to be asked where they stand on this. The extreme turn we've seen from Dems on abortion recently is truly sickening."

When asked by WVTM to react to the president's son, Rogers laughed, saying Trump Jr. was "proof" that women should have a right to an abortion and called his statement "stupid."

He even suggested that Trump Jr. was "retarded or crazy."

"I know there's something wrong with that boy," Rogers said. "I look at him and I can tell there's something wrong with him. That's the best defense I have for more abortions right there looking at him."

Rogers remained defiant on Thursday and doubled down on his controversial remarks.

13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Wow, 2 days, 2 posts about some dipshit in Alabama state politics. Is the state politics of Alabama something you actively follow or it's just that you can't resist a good Fox News click bail article?

Lanny likes this.
  14. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I thinks it's really sad that there is so much political corruption on all sides.
    Id like to see some on both sides go to jail if they break the law.

Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  15. Five Second Violation

Five Second Violation Well-Known Member

Why does it being Fox News automatically make it clickbait? They're just reporting what the guy literally said. Left wing Washington Post basically printed the same headline, was that also clickbait?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...r-you-kill-them-later/?utm_term=.5f46bf2f8b2c

I have a feeling that if the guy were a Republican and had said something similarly stupid, you would be eating it up...

16. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

It does kinda fit the title of the thread don't you think? Why didn't you just post some random dog meme or something like you do in all the other threads you don't want here?

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  17. SlyPokerDog

Good point.

18. SlyPokerDog

Good idea. I will if I find one.

Lanny likes this.
  19. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

How's my thread on lefties and the media going? I haven't been back because I don't trust the sources of the lefties. I don't want to be challenged.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  20. SlyPokerDog

Appears that they're arguing about Pulitzer Prizes.