Notice Have You Ever Had COVID?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Aug 26, 2023.

?

You Ever Got It?

1. YES

21 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. NO

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Some certainly are. Personally, if I have symptoms, I test, and if I test positive, I'll quarantine. My pastor tested positive earlier this week and quarantined for 5 days, and tested negative before coming to church today. His wife tested positive more recently, and stayed home today because she if quarantining.

2. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

What people who get the annual flu just go about their days? What a stupid and dangerous practice that puts so many others' lives in danger.

THE HCP and Phatguysrule like this.
  3. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Oh so we’re back to you demanding others research for you. Got it.

Here’s you doing exactly what you accused me of. Lol. You’re just a troll. I may be too but at least I take pride in my craft.

4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

That's the reason I replied the way I did, but not at all surprised that you failed to catch that...but yeah, according to you I'm just a "troll", yet you're the one resorting to name calling, which is generally the last bastion of someone with nothing else to offer.

And no, once again, I wasn't the one who asked you to use something other than your opinion to back up your initial opinion...look again, that was PGR.

Never understood why someone like you and ABM and the ilk, would purposely post on a message board, while knowing in advance how your comments would likely be received and countered by the overwhelming majority of the people on said message board. That behavior is by definition "trollish", and serves no other logical purpose other than to "stir up shit" purposely.

Hell, you not only admitted being a "troll" yourself, you also claimed to be "proud" of it...kudos.

5. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

This says it all. You don’t understand why people with differing opinions are allowed into your echo chamber so you take it upon yourself to play gatekeeper. Meanwhile you fall behind in meaningless semantics while other people are at least attempting to have discussions whether they agree or not. It’s why I mostly avoid engaging with you, it never goes anywhere, you’re just a self elected hall monitor cherry picking others’ discussions.

6. yankeesince59

What in the hell are you talking about?...do you even know? I didn't say or imply that people are not allowed to post where they want, but instead, why they'd even want to in the first because of past history. Those individuals are either devoid of any common sense or they actually enjoy purposely posting obvious inflammatory BS just to get a rise out of people.

Post what you want, but at least back up your statements with facts/links/evidence, etc., complaining about something without facts or a clear solution is nothing more than whining.

Regardless, if you want to get back to the actual topic, I'm all ears.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Okay I tested positive Thursday night.

Friday morning I called my doctor's office. He's my regular longtime doctor, a great guy. He was on vacation so his nurse set up a video visit with the doctor covering for him for the same day.

That doctor was also very nice and very knowledgeable.

He prescribed Paxolvid. That's what I wanted from him but in doing a little research I asked him about Covid/Paxlovid Rebound. If you're not sure what that is you should google it.

(Also for all you anti-vaxxers you should do your own research on Paxolvid since it isn't a vaccine.)

Paxolvid was authorized by the CDC and is free to all Americans.

I'm following the doctor's orders to take it every 12 hours for 3 days then the last three days taking it every 18 hours. THIS IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN HOW MOST PEOPLE ARE TAKING IT but since I'm fully vaxxed and boosted and healthy this is his recommendation to prevent Covid/Paxlovid Rebound.

I had a mild fever and headache for the first two days. Since then nothing except really really tired. So lots and lots of naps. We do have an O2 monitor and my level has been consistently at 98%.

No real problems. Getting better.

8. yankeesince59

Good news, Sly...so you could tell a definite difference after taking the pill?

9. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Not really. I mean I've never had covid before so I don't know what the symptoms are like without Paxlovid or the vaccines and boosters.

yankeesince59 likes this.
  10. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I did get the Paxlovid rebound, be interesting anecdotally to know if the modified schedule avoids it for you.
    My rebound wasn't particularly long or bad, though.

barfo

Phatguysrule and SlyPokerDog like this.
  11. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I bet Jerami Grant would avoid the Paxlovid rebound, but Josh Hart would get it no matter how he staggered the dosage.

12. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Just got back from Disneyland. Wife immediately felt sick and tested positive for COVID. My daughter and I haven't tested positive yet, but I figure it's only a matter of time.

We had it once a couple years ago and it really sucked. Took a week to feel better. Wife got Paxlovid yesterday and she says she does feel a little better. I guess we'll see.

13. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

Hope you all feel better soon, or not get it if lucky.

Hoopguru and SlyPokerDog like this.
  14. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I'm pretty much doomed. The last couple days we were down there my wife dropped her toothbrush on the bathroom floor and decided to use my toothbrush.

I'm toast!

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

This is why I started this thread and have mentioned here a couple times. I just want to know why people are testing themselves? If they get a positive, what are they doing about it?

16. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I test myself if I am going to be in close indoor settings with vulnerable people. Those with health problems. If I best positive I will stay home.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  17. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

So have you had it multiple times? Same symptoms?

18. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Just take some Emergen-C

Phatguysrule likes this.
  19. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

No. Just once

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  20. yankeesince59

Been doing little checking on this Paxlovid thingy..and my Sister in law came by this afternoon to pick up some tax return paperwork that my Bride had prepared but when we answered the door she said she tested positive 2 days ago...so we talked for a while at a distance and I relayed to her that she might wanna check into Paxlovid...she said she had never heard of it...I told her to call her doctor and ask about it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    Hoopguru and SlyPokerDog like this.