Hawks Sign Stephen Jackson

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by Premium, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

http://www.insidehoops.com/jackson-signs-100303.shtml

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Atlanta Hawks General Manager Billy Knight today announced the signing of free agent guard/forward Stephen Jackson to a contract. Per team policy, terms were not announced.

"Obviously we are pleased to add Stephen to our team," said Knight. "He's a proven winner who was a major contributor on San Antonio's championship team last season and he has the versatility to play both wing positions for us. He has tremendous growth potential and we are ecstatic to add a player of his caliber to our team.</div>

2. Premium

http://www.insidehoops.com/jackson-signs-100303.shtml

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Atlanta Hawks General Manager Billy Knight today announced the signing of free agent guard/forward Stephen Jackson to a contract. Per team policy, terms were not announced.

"Obviously we are pleased to add Stephen to our team," said Knight. "He's a proven winner who was a major contributor on San Antonio's championship team last season and he has the versatility to play both wing positions for us. He has tremendous growth potential and we are ecstatic to add a player of his caliber to our team.</div>

3. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

He fills alot of gaps for the Hawks and brings title experience. So overall, a pretty good signing, depending on his contract.

4. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

He fills alot of gaps for the Hawks and brings title experience. So overall, a pretty good signing, depending on his contract.

5. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Good signing. It shows that they actually wan't to win.

6. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Good signing. It shows that they actually wan't to win.

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

even though they won't win.

8. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

even though they won't win.

9. Premium

i think hell have a worse year then he did last year. i dont think hes that good...kinda overrated

tim duncan is like jason kidd, he makes the people around him better, hence stephen jacksons breakout year...playing on a losing team, and with a go to guy that requires far less double team like reef, jackson's game will suffer

could be wrong though...well see

10. Premium

i think hell have a worse year then he did last year. i dont think hes that good...kinda overrated

tim duncan is like jason kidd, he makes the people around him better, hence stephen jacksons breakout year...playing on a losing team, and with a go to guy that requires far less double team like reef, jackson's game will suffer

could be wrong though...well see

11. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">tim duncan is like jason kidd, he makes the people around him better</div>

Tim Duncan is NOT like JKidd. Duncan works hard, and SOMETIMES those around him work harder too. Nothing about his game makes others better, it's all in his work ethic.

Even then, it doesn't always make his team better. Look at Tony Parker's playoff (specifically finals) performance.

12. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Ovverrated, Jackson is a role player. I like the kid, but he at best is a good role player that comes in and does his job.

Minor signing.

13. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Good signing, he was the best guy left on the Free Agent market, he has experience and has started for a chamionship team. He should make valuable conrtibutions but probably wont quite be the same without Tim Duncan. But overall, a good signing by the Hawks, he will help the team get it together since the management might be doing that now.

14. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Alright signing. I dont think Jackson is that good. 11.8 ppg thats nothing speical. Allnet overrates him.

15. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

recently back from vacation....and had to reply to this....Sjax had to settle for the last possible deal....he will do good with the Hawks...more touches than he did here....

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i think hell have a worse year then he did last year. i dont think hes that good...kinda overrated</div>

Timmy makes players better but Sjax isn't completly hopless....more touches I feel he will be a 13 a game scorer maybe more who knows..just a little better than last season.....as for the overrated part... you need to be rated highly to be considered on of those...

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kid Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">Allnet overrates him.</div>

Overrates him? [​IMG] I have never done that....Sjax was a very good role player in the spurs championship season..hit alot of clutch shots...plus quite a few in the playoffs......The only person who could have overrated him is his agent who wanted...well lets say quite abit more than what SA offered..

17. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

I think he'll play better than last year, just because he'll get to handle the ball a lot more. More leadership will also be expected out of him.

The thing that sucks is that he went to Atlanta, I don't know, we'll see.

18. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">as for the overrated part... you need to be rated highly to be considered on of those...</div>

he seems to get lots of props on this board...more then i think he deservs

19. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">he seems to get lots of props on this board...more then i think he deservs</div>

He deserves to get props for being a key member of the NBA champion Spurs....hit alot of big shots in the playoffs...He deserves his props for being a important role player...

Thats not overrating him....Make sure before you make such a claim you actually give reasons why he is overrated....

20. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">He deserves to get props for being a key member of the NBA champion Spurs....hit alot of big shots in the playoffs...He deserves his props for being a important role player...

Thats not overrating him....Make sure before you make such a claim you actually give reasons why he is overrated....</div>

i agree thats not overrating him...i saw him getting overrated, maybe i was reading it wrong...seemed like he was getting more big ups then he really deserved

but i did give reasons why i think hes overrated...mostly because his breakthrough year, was only due to playing next to duncan. i think that his game will suffer in atlanta, on a losing team, playing next to someone like shareef, who commands less double team.

yea, he some big shots, every spur did...anyone who gets the wide open looks that come from defences collapsing around duncan, will get wide open looks at the basket.

thats just my opinion...im not making any insane claims here, its my opinion