Hawks Sign Stephen Jackson

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by Premium, Oct 3, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

It works both ways...With more touches he could do better....As for the Duncan thing.Some of the time it was great ball movement by the Spurs that got Jacko open shots...From Parker attacking the rim attracting the defence to give open shots to not only Jackson but Bowen and Manu....Sjax still had to hit the shots..Duncan didn't those big shots for him....Sjax had plenty of confidence when shooting those shots..not every player does...Some get scared late in games....and feel the pressure..Jackson didn't.....And no not every Spur hit big clutch shots ..The problem last season was closing teams out and not holding onto leads....Jackson and in the end Kerr were the main clutch players in the playoffs...

He did good here but don't get me wrong...He is replaceable...I expect Manu and Hedo to fill the gap left by Sjax very well

2. G.O.P

G.O.P JBB JustBBall Member

<font face="Franklin Gothic Medium">I'd just like to go on the record of saying I find Stephen Jackson a great addition to the Hawks organization. Stephen Jackson is an improving player, with a lot of potential...with that said, I feel this is a good signing by the Hawks b/c they lack talent at the guard position (exception for Jason Terry), i also think he'll complement Jason Terry really well. This being said I honestly think he'll help the Hawks franchise improve a bit. I still can't believe it took this long for Stephen Jackson to be signed.</font>