Heat’s Whiteside responds to latest snub

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by truebluefan, Nov 2, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

A six-pack of Heat, Marlins and UM notes on a Monday evening:

• What did Heat center Hassan Whiteside think of not getting a single vote in the best center category of the recent NBA.com general manager poll?

“I don't really care what those GMs say,” Whiteside said. “99 percent of them said no to me anyway, so I don't expect them to come back and say, 'No, he's good,' after we said no.

“If I listened to what everybody said about me, I would probably be in the YMCA still. I never got any just due in my career but I don't steer away from what I'm going to do with the Heat.”

Incidentally, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said the notion of opposing centers trying to get under Whiteside’s skin is an “old scouting report,” but Whiteside strongly suspects teams are still trying to irritate him.

“I feel [Charlotte’s] Cody Zeller did [Friday]; I think the head coach tells him to do that,” Whiteside said. “I don't see what's the reason for it.”

Whiteside is determined to handle those situations calmly, better than he did in his first season in Miami (2014-15).

- See more at: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article111696097.html