Here is why JT is better than Bibby.....

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by Hawksfreak, May 19, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Pierce led his team to the playoffs not walker..as for jamison? he should of been an allstar and in the east he would be..and likely take walker spot

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Pierce is the bestplayer but Walker is the emotional and physical leader. Hes one of the greatest clubhouse and leadership guys in the game evrey coach says that

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

walker is a mouth piece i went to the game when the raptors beat them and they were trying to loose lol he said something to antonio and made him made antonio would kick his ass

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">Pierce is the bestplayer but Walker is the emotional and physical leader. Hes one of the greatest clubhouse and leadership guys in the game evrey coach says that</div>

Walker hurts his team more than helping them ....trading him would be the best option if boston ever want to be an above average team..

5. Kid Canada

i agree with allnet but what team would want him?

6. olskoolfunktitude

average teams dont make the conferance finals and then upset a heavily favored first round oppoopnent. thats what the celtics did and walker was a big part of it. saying he hurts them more than he helps them just shows a strong anti walker bias and a lack of knowledge

7. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

dang this topic went from Jason Terry and Mike Bibby to who wants antoine walker....odd

8. Kid Canada

yah lets get back on topis jason terry is great but atlanta needs some one who is a tall point guard who would bring the ball up the court then on defence defend the sg like draft reece gains or sign gilbert areanas or maybe alvin williams or payton some one like that would be great

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Everyone agrees walker hurts his team more than helping...only you don't seem to see that.Hell i was talking with some boston fans two weeks ago and they said it is time for walker to go he hurt them in the nets series and they don't think he is up to it...they need a post player and walker needs a new change....even KG i think needs a change of teams

Don't say i have lack of knowledge just because you don't agree with what i say about walker.I don't hate walker at all...i just know basketball...

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">yah lets get back on topis jason terry is great but atlanta needs some one who is a tall point guard who would bring the ball up the court then on defence defend the sg like draft reece gains or sign gilbert areanas or maybe alvin williams or payton some one like that would be great</div>

Hawks should try and trade for jamal crawford....he will be a star..he showed near the end of the season how good he can be

11. olskoolfunktitude

you CANT argue that he hurts them more than he helps them even if he takes some bad shots. I dont LOVE walker i just know basketball. Ive talked to people who are fans of other teams and hate walker cuase of how he looks and shoots who admit that the Celtics would be lost without him. hes a franchise player and the Celtics would be a LOT worse without his contributions on the court and leadership i dont see how u can argue against that.

...yea itd be good to return to the topic but who cares about terry and alvin anyway [​IMG]

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Walker is a good leader and plays with passion...but celtics need to take a new direction....they need to get some post players or one at least..and not be just a three-point shooting team...maybe do a sign and trade with the clippers that would get the celtics elton brand...as pierce and brand would be a very good duo...as then they would not only have the outside threat but an inside one...brand is a very good young player that rebounds great,blocks shots and can score 20 a game...he is a prefect fit.Pistons might get him though..if we trade out pick for him..but i doubt it...if i was any team that needs a low post player i would in in contact with the clips right away.He would be great on any playoff team in the east

13. olskoolfunktitude

i actually agree with pretty much everything you said there but its unfair to overlook and belittle walkers value to the team. With him theyve made strong playoff runs the last couple years. without him they might not even have made the playoffs. hes a franchise player but youre right maybe it is better for the celtics to head in a diffrent direction and i certainly wouldnt mind seeing elton brand in a celtics uniform though he would not bring some of the many intangibles that make walker so valueble

14. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

Raptors21, you are the only Raptors fan I have EVER had a basketball conversation with that praises Alvin as much as you do. He simply isn't that good of a NBA player.

15. olskoolfunktitude

no...didnt you hear? hes a franchise player and hes gonna lead the raptors to the playoffs and probably a title. [​IMG]

16. Kid Canada

my point is alvin is underrated hes not going lead them to a title

17. Hawksfreak

Hawksfreak JBB JustBBall Member

I think we are talking too much about Walker and Williams here. What do you guys think? Bibby or Terry. Straight up.

18. Kid Canada

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

bibby(not good enough for what he is getting paid though)

20. Kid Canada

they should nt of gave bibby so much money when they have bobby jackson