He's Baaack!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by AIFan, Mar 2, 2004.

1. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

C-Webb has played incredible...averaging 24 and 9 over his first two games, as if he hasnt missed a step at all...Sacramento is, imo, clearly the class of the West...

2. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Keep your mouth shut. You know who always gets the upper hand at the house. And when do you even have the courage to talk trash?</div>

LMFAO. Man you jus crack me up. Tryin to turn this into Family Fued. And what chu mean 'keep my mouth shut'? This is typing, dawg :P . You always get the upper hand at the house? Man please, you don't even step to me at the house so you best keep your mouth shut. It's easier typed than said, isn't it? I don't need to talk trash, I'll spit the truth. Something you should consider doing from time to time?

3. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

Isn't it nice when the Kings can rest their best player and still get the W? C-Webb sat tonight cause the Kings didn't want to play him on consecutive nights, must be nice.

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactown_dyme:</div><div class="quote_post">LMFAO. Man you jus crack me up. Tryin to turn this into Family Fued. And what chu mean 'keep my mouth shut'? This is typing, dawg :P . You always get the upper hand at the house? Man please, you don't even step to me at the house so you best keep your mouth shut. It's easier typed than said, isn't it? I don't need to talk trash, I'll spit the truth. Something you should consider doing from time to time?</div>

RIGGGHT!!! LMAO....you keep embarrassing yourself. Please don't allow me to continue.

5. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I didn't go read through this whole thread but I can see it has turned into a Laker-Kings arguement...so this is what I think...

Regarding the arguement about bringing up the past, the fact is IT DOES MATTER...Kings fans need to realize that no matter how many times the Lakers lose to the Kings in the regular season, the Lakers still maintain a distinct <u>psychological edge</u> come playoff time when the games are more highly contested....but on the other side, some Laker fans need to realize that doesn't guarentee victory forever. There's a good chance the Kings can break the curse and finally overcome the Lakers...The Pistons struggled to get by Boston, the bulls couldn't get by the Pistons, but they eventually overcame them.....of course there were the Knicks who couldn't beat the bulls, and well....they still haven't [​IMG]

I'm late for class, I finish up this thought tonite...

6. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree notMuchgame... the Lakers do have a psychological advantage, not just against the Kings, but against all teams. It has to do with Phil Jackson, just kidding, but they seriously do. I think the Lakers are definitely the best team that plays well under pressure, ahem... playoff time.

Well, this is irrelevant, but look what I found. Can you guess which King it is... well y'all know who it is, nevermind.

[​IMG]

7. Cal94720

Cal94720 JBB JustBBall Member

A real history lesson.

Why Laker fans have to look to the past for support is beyond me. A roster with 4 famers is the team to beat. But really, bringing up 2000 and 2001 is stupid. The 2000 Kings were babies. Playoffs was sweet. The Finals were miles away. 2001 was the first year the Kings got out of the first round. That was also when all the talk was if the Lakers could go 15-0 in the playoffs and we all know they almost did. If you think the team the Lakers steamrolled this year is the team that plays at Arco now is the same you are mistaken. That year the Kings were supposed to go "back to expansionism" but instead they came back with Bibby. This was the year of the game 7 OT. If you want to say the Kings choked here, fine. But that was one year, not 3.

Remember that every great team has to get past someone. Even Jordan took his time to get past Detroit.

Also, for guys who aren't at all worried about the Kings, you spend an awful lot of time here talking about 14 rings and all...

8. Cal94720

Cal94720 JBB JustBBall Member

Continued...

Stop trying to make this a Yankees-Sox thing.
    Stop trying to act like 2000 and 2001 matter. These Kings are much better than the scrappy Jason Williams led team that looked to make it out of the first round. Everyone knows that, and it has nothing to do with the "dominance" of LA.
    Stop saying only the playoffs matter and then in the next sentence make excuses for regular season losses. I can't belive how much some people overthink these last couple games. The players themselves haven't thought about them that much.
    For the respectable Laker fans--
    Stop hiding behind rings. Seriously. Don't come at the Kings with the past because any long time Kings fan knows how bad the team was just a few years ago. But they also know how they have dug themselves out of that hole. The Kings aren't scared of the old days and they aren't scared of a couple past playoff series. Take a step back and look at the change in the franchise over just a few years and admit its pretty remarkable.
    Now really, down to basketball.
    Be happy having Kobe and Shaq. Be happy hating Vlade and saying he cheats, ignoring the tent and bag of marshmellows Shaq takes when he goes camping in the lane. Be happy that the Lakers are the team to beat.

If you can't be happy with that, I guess you can be happy with old newspaper clippings, but don't think the Kings are haunted by their losing past.

9. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

^ Great post, You tell them Faker fans [​IMG]

10. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactown_dyme:</div><div class="quote_post">^ Great post, You tell them Faker fans [​IMG]</div>
    Yeah they only have 3 Championships in the last 4 years, damn fakers.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Stop trying to act like 2000 and 2001 matter. These Kings are much better than the scrappy Jason Williams led team that looked to make it out of the first round. </div>
    The Kings have improved, but only offensively. They lost shotblocking and now they let the other teams score too much. The Lakers improved on offense and defense.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Remember that every great team has to get past someone. Even Jordan took his time to get past Detroit. </div>
    Yes, Jordan took his time to get past Detroit. Need i remind you he is the these teams are totally different , comparing those 2 teams isn't gonna get you anywhere

We shoulda never gotten into a Laker/Kings discussion about who will win the Championship when its not even playoff time [​IMG]