Highest NBA Verticals

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by 30 standing ver, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I have that picture if somebody can host it. I am 6'3 1/4" officially. It is hard to tell in the picture how much taller I am than he is, but if you saw the original picture you could tell I was significantly taller. If I am 6'3" Jrich is only about 6'2" tops. But he has HUGE hands.

2. Warriorfansnc93

3. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Hey, finally got the picture. I know u said it's hard to tell, but ya'll look the same height. But ur a tall looking 6'3, I feel like I'm 5'11 now.

Oh and Darvin Ham is on the list Wizk.

4. Warriorfansnc93

Yeah it looks close in that picture. But I am telling you, I was taller than him in person. My eyes were at his eyebrows or forehead. At least you can tell that he is not 6'6". Maybe 6'3" but no taller than that.

5. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Doesnt surprise me at all the kedrick tops that list. I was sad to see him traded form the celtics. anyone with that much vert has potential but kedrick just isnt developing into the player he was expected to be

6. 30 standing ver

J-Rich leaping ability has to be just about as high, well a half a inch short of Kedrick Brown's. Every inched droped from his listed height gave him and additional inch to his leaping ability. His listed height wasn't as nocticable as John Starks though. I always figured him for being 6'2 1/2 to 6'3 and they list as 6'5 and I was like What. No wonder he was big in the orginal NBA jam. 6'4 and above was the big guys, and anything below was little.

It would be a trip if I was 6'6 and looked foward to meeting him thinking he's the same height as me and meet him and looking down at'em. I be like, a man tell the people who list heights to keep it real like Dave Chappelle.
    So ppl's start tripping on how lil this guy is and windmill dunking like crazy in games like it ain't no thang.

7. shoeaddict

shoeaddict JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NTC187:</div><div class="quote_post">Nah I think its true, he said himself on a Streeball episode, he told Hot Sauce I think it was, and Hot Sauce was liek bullshit, then he said yeah its true, some guy (cant remember who it was) told him he could. But maybe it is a gimmick, I dunno.</div>

There was an episode i watched couple weeks back when they showed a re-run. It was one of the very first one when they were getting started. The coach told 50 that he didnt have a 50'in vert. To prove him wrong, 50 took him. place a Honda Civic under the goal.Took his place. and dunk over the civic. Not the hood, not the truck. The entire civic. Aint that something?

8. obie1124

obie1124 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, that really shocks me about Kedrick Brown, I used to watch him every night as a Celtic and he didn't seem that explosive to me, after reading this I am kind of dissapointed Danny Ainge gave him up. I could see him being a Gerald Wallace type player, can get above the rim but can't do to much flair when he is in the air.

9. PG2

PG2 JBB JustBBall Member

Man That high????????Thats insane, but beleivable. You guys should watch when he injured Kobe he was a lot, and i mean a lot higher than him. thats why he landed on his shoulder.

10. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    you guys forget that vertical leap is jumpin' straight up from a standstill...when cats are dunkin' you can damn sure bet that they get higher than what they vertical is supposed to be...gotta consider acceleration and momentum into it....

11. 30 standing ver

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Dre:</div><div class="quote_post">you guys forget that vertical leap is jumpin' straight up from a standstill...when cats are dunkin' you can damn sure bet that they get higher than what they vertical is supposed to be...gotta consider acceleration and momentum into it....</div>

<font color="Navy">Yeah, but I know that's not that there standstill vert. They'll never list their real verts, because it doesn't sound to impressive when it's in it's low 30's. That guy Bryon Parker who won the NCAA DC last year said he had a 36. Then got 43 on 3 of his dunks, while everbody else was saying they had 40, but hit 37. I used to believe that they were saying there standstill verts, but there not. If that was the case, just about everybody on this lists heads would be leveled or over the rim on ever dunk. I don't think nobody in this whole world can get up 46 1/2 inches without taking atleast 1 step.

I remember reading an article on James "Nintendo" Wilson, old school cat that said he could get the top of the backboard and was only 6'3. He humbly said that he had a 38 inch vertical. Of 1 step 49. With full acceleration in the mid 50's. Hardly anybody is gonna tell what there real vertical is, cause when they do, they never hit it on the jump meter accept for Bryon Parker who kept it real like Dave Chappelle.</font>

12. Timmy-MVP-21

Timmy-MVP-21 JBB JustBBall Member

Take a guess at some of these players leaps!

What do you think these players leaps are?..I would like to know..Does anyone know or have a rough guess?

My guesses are:

Tim Duncan-28"
    Rasheed Wallace"33
    Dirk Nowitzki-26"
    Nene Hilario-35"
    Marcus Camby-20"
    Dan Gadzuric-28"
    Samuel Dalambert26"
    Tim Thomas-35"
    Austin Croshere-28"
    Steven Hunter-28"
    Rashard Lewis-27"

What would be your guess?..Also add more players!
    Bo outlaw

13. 30 standing ver

Wow what happened to Marcus Camby. Don't remember that dunk against Mutombo.
    His whole hand was over the top of the box and his head was leveled with the rim. That's like a 37. Almost all look like a real vertical leap.

14. 30 standing ver

I was thinking if Rex Chapman was in there, what about Dee Brown and Shawn Kemp in there primes. I think Dee had a 44 and Kemp, not to sure. But anyways, Chapman isn't even in the league and hasn't been for while. Shawn Kemp played last year, and the last time I remember seeing Dee was with Toronto. Just wondering why they weren't there on the list.

15. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson has like a 44-46, I believe. Like about two years ago, I believe I read a book about him and it said he had one of those. They mentioned him having a bigger or the equal vertical of Julius Erving.

16. 30 standing ver

I remember hearing that Ben Wallace could get up 42 inches when I was watching SportsCenter. Maybe, he really is only 6-6 1/2, and is 2nd in blocks. So it could be possible.

17. Timmy-MVP-21

Timmy-MVP-21 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea Big Ben is an explosive athlete who can get up...I think his vert is around 40"!

18. Progidy

Progidy JBB JustBBall Member

I read in a book of jordan...they said his vert. was once measured 44, and his legs exert 400 to 500 pounds off the floor. Scientist measured the amount of time he was in air in one season, and concluded he's been in the air for more than 90 minutes.

19. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

I bet Dalembert has over a 30 easily. probably in the 35 range...maybe not a 40, but he is explosive and can JUMP like only a few other big men can

He can jump higher than Dirk, Croshire, and a lot of the others you listed there. And a 26"? That doesnt seem like much.

I also have to say Rashard Lewis must have at least a 33 or so, he can jump.

20. 30 standing ver

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">WhiteManCanJump I bet Dalembert has over a 30 easily. probably in the 35 range...maybe not a 40, but he is explosive and can JUMP like only a few other big men can

He can jump higher than Dirk, Croshire, and a lot of the others you listed there. And a 26"? That doesnt seem like much.</div>

Dalembert does jump very well. The 26 stated was just guestamated, but it's obvious that he jumps for higher then that. He probaly jumps higher then that just standing.