Highest NBA Verticals

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by 30 standing ver, Jan 23, 2004.

1. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Deaven George should be up there too. He jumps just as high as Kobe, but at the 38 IMO. Just noticed, where's <font color="DarkGreen">Ricky Davis</font>? I think a 41 to 42. That dude [​IMG] rocks son.<font size="1"> (Just wanted to find away to use that symbol)</font>

2. German Baller

German Baller JBB JustBBall Member

Jordan jumped 48 inches!

3. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

What was Antonio McDyess' in his prime?
    German Baller - love the clip in your sig [​IMG].

4. 30 standing ver

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting German Baller:</div><div class="quote_post">Jordan jumped 48 inches!</div>

No way, it was more like 42. I've never seen his nose at the rim. Probaly got that from some site huh? Is it site where it says Spud Webb had a 46. I wonder how they figured MJ jumped higher then Spud. I heard through the greatvine that Spud dunked when he was 4-11.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Nylex What was Antonio McDyess' in his prime?</div>
    I remember hearing he had a 42 standing and a 47 overall. But I don't believe that either. Cause he is a legidement 6-9 and the highest I've ever seen him get up on a dunk was just his head leveled with the rim with a running start. So that's like a 39.

5. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

wow man i give u my props to come up with that! being a bucks fan i have to say wow 3 40 inch verts in HAISLIP MY MAIN MAN, TJ ford hope he gets better (and not even 6 feet) and of course desmond mason well thats it

6. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Nylex:</div><div class="quote_post">What was Antonio McDyess' in his prime?</div>

If I remember it correctly, it was 47. I read it in an NBA card I had once.

7. 30 standing ver

I read that Slam magazine on Lebron and Paul Silas saying that Lebron looked like his torso was leveled with the rim on one of his dunks this season. He can get up, but ppl seem to over exaggerate some ppls leaping ability because it's just so unreal looking. But I say now that he has about a 45, the powerade DC from last year where his eyes were leveled with the rim. Which isn't an overexxaggeration, that's my guess on his leaping ability.

8. flight42

flight42 JBB JustBBall Member

the slam vs phoenix his head wuz clearly above the rim...m30 standing ver, i think its also around 45.. peace

9. Progidy

Progidy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting flight42:</div><div class="quote_post">the slam vs phoenix his head wuz clearly above the rim...m30 standing ver, i think its also around 45.. peace</div>

Your avatar is sick...Julius Page, thats hops.

10. 30 standing ver

Julius was about 45 inches up in the middle pic if he's really 6-3, and that's in a game. That picture has been posted in the college thread.

11. German Baller

German Baller JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 30 standing ver:</div><div class="quote_post">No way, it was more like 42. I've never seen his nose at the rim. Probaly got that from some site huh? Is it site where it says Spud Webb had a 46. I wonder how they figured MJ jumped higher then Spud. I heard through the greatvine that Spud dunked when he was 4-11.
    </div>

It?s from this site. http://www.geocities.com/jordanhanging/hangtime/hangtime.htm

12. 30 standing ver

He still never had a 48 IMO. That freethrow gif doesn't help out there point. His head is an inch below the rim at the top of his jump. That's like 41 inches if he's really 6-6.
    [​IMG] Look at it.

13. busher

busher JBB JustBBall Member

In Pete Axthelm's book <u>The City Game</u>, he tells the story of a high school game where Manigault took off from the free throw line and dunked over two 6'7" guys with two hands -- they had to stop the game for 10 minutes because the crowd was going nuts. He also talks about Herman "The Helicopter" Knowings, who would pin people against the backboard and then flick the ball into the crowd.

I remember reading once that, on a talk show, David Thompson took one step and jumped up on top of a refrigerator.

14. 30 standing ver

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I remember reading once that, on a talk show, David Thompson took one step and jumped up on top of a refrigerator</div>
    I never heard about that one. But this is the thread I started and it's been 2 months since anyone has replied. So it should be closed soon now. Thanks for the story though.

15. ReRun

ReRun JBB JustBBall Member

guys some of this stuff is so rediculous a fridge is a good 6 feet high. theres no way. i can hardly believ 46in, but 72 no way.

16. 30 standing ver

He must have meant that David had his legs bunched up. Because alot people no that David Thompson vert is 44 inches.

17. busher

busher JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I meant that he jumped and pulled his legs up.

18. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

I doubt vince has a 50 inch vert, but ive seen him get above the rim pleanty of times. Lebron probably has around a 40 inch.

What about the guy that did a 360 over a car? Hes in jail now because of crack but he had a mad vert.

I also remember the clippers had 3 guys with verts in the 40's. Quinten Richardson, Maggette and somebody else...the names on the tip of my tounge.

19. 30 standing ver

Wilcox, cyke. I don't know, but come on man. Lebron is a guranteed 40+ leaper. He isn't 6-9 like ppls been saying because he just barely taller then Dr. J. He got eye leveled with rim in last years DC. 40 inches at his height is leveling his head with the rim. Having your eyes at the rim is like being 5 inches above the rim.

20. Streetball2k5

Streetball2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

There is a guy nicknamed "Hook" he's in jail addictted on crack he can jump 52'.
    He jumped over a car at the age of 20, and is considered the best Power Guard never to make it to the NBA.