Hinrich for C. Butler?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Mel JBB, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chungster:</div><div class="quote_post">What's the point in discussing rumors when they'll never happen? Like name me one trade rumor this off-season that actually became reality.</div>

Tmac to the Rockets? Kmart to the Nuggets? Shaq to the heat?

2. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG]

Pax isn't retarded. He won't do this. If this happens, I will shoot myself in the head. We have enough 2's and 3's. Hinrich should not be traded. He's the only sure thing on the Bulls roster. Hinrich was THE only player on the entire roster showing anything (till about the last month, Curry did ok near the end), and now we're trading him? This isn't going down.

3. TheNextJordan8

TheNextJordan8 JBB JustBBall Member

PG-Kirk Hinrich
    SG-Kobe Bryant
    SF-Lamar Odom
    PF-Brian Grant
    C-Vlade Divac

This would be a great move and would allow Odom to play the 3, great move.

4. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

won't happen, Hinrich won't get traded for Caron. The lakers can wish and the bulls can laugh (I hope i dont eat my words). The bulls just don't need caron the way they need hinrich. There would be no winning in this for them. They have deng and nocioni who both need time and will develope, they don't have a real true point gaurd beyond hinrich. Paxson just can't be that dumb and if he is, the bulls deserve to have like 6 straight losing seasons or whatever it is.

5. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Tmac to the Rockets? Kmart to the Nuggets? Shaq to the heat?</div>

those weren't rumors. they were already going to happen before they occured.

6. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chungster:</div><div class="quote_post">those weren't rumors. they were already going to happen before they occured.</div>

If they wern't rumours what were they? Shaq was rumoured to go to Dallas as well. Martin was talking with the Jazz, and Vandeweghe got him eventually.

7. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

The trade makes sense for both teams... the Lakers will get an excellent point guard in Kirk Hinrich... a hard nose hustle player who plays hard on both ends... the Bulls will get Caron to start at the three while waiting on Deng and Noscioni (sp?) to develop. Great trade... let's do it! :thumbsup:

8. Bobcats

^Lol, of course the Laker fans are going to say yes. Bulls fans would be crying.

9. bball guru

bball guru JBB JustBBall Member

this will never happen. Ridiculous rumor. If anyone go's from the Bulls (haha) It will be one of the rookies.

10. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

Not even the Bulls would be silly enough to do that trade.

11. saad

saad JBB Banned Member

hahaha, lol....he plays the most minutes out of everyone, including a comeback win last night against the wizards, 39 min with 32 points, hahaha, yeah right...hinrich for butler...hinrich is my current fav player, what a great PG, awesome rookie year, very underrated...skiles was a PG himself and paxson a SG, why would they trade thier franchise guard?

12. skip

skip BBW Member

lol they were silly enough to trade donyell marshall and j rose for antonio davis and jdub

13. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DerfZ:</div><div class="quote_post">lol they were silly enough to trade donyell marshall and j rose for antonio davis and jdub</div>
    You act like trading Rose was a bad thing? [​IMG]

To get rid of Rose, you need to give something good back. Good luck with Rose's contract and his defense (or lack of it).

14. rjnavarrete

rjnavarrete BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Tmac to the Rockets? Kmart to the Nuggets? Shaq to the heat?</div>
    Glad I made it to your sig! [​IMG]

15. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">You act like trading Rose was a bad thing? [​IMG]

To get rid of Rose, you need to give something good back. Good luck with Rose's contract and his defense (or lack of it).</div>

Rose isn't all bad, his offensive and overall game is better than any bull on their roster. If you play him at the 3, he can be a force offensively, inside and outside, but he's a liability on defense.

Word is the Duhon is challenging Hinrich for the starting PG spot. I thought it was a joke at first, but it seems serious. Pretty obvious though that Hinrich will get the spot and keep it.

16. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RJ 21:</div><div class="quote_post">Glad I made it to your sig! [​IMG]</div>

No problem. [​IMG] Let's see if it holds up. [​IMG]

17. skip

skip BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">You act like trading Rose was a bad thing? [​IMG]

To get rid of Rose, you need to give something good back. Good luck with Rose's contract and his defense (or lack of it).</div>

we also unloaded a big contract -ad- and ad straight up for rose now is just silly

18. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

How about no. This would never happen, no one would be that stupid to pull this trade.

19. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DerfZ:</div><div class="quote_post">we also unloaded a big contract -ad- and ad straight up for rose now is just silly</div>
    AD's contract is shorter, and is worth less money (25M over 2yrs), Rose's is 47M over 3 years(I think). And Rose plays no defense. We also got JYD. The trade was basically offense for defense. For rosters at the time, yeah sure, you can say you won, but financially Chicago had the better end of the deal.

That's beyond the point of the thread though. Sorry for going off-topic.

20. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Go Trade Go! Go Trade Go! *wakes up*