Hire Jason Kidd?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SportsAndWhine, Jan 22, 2018.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

let's put this in perspective....what say you? You on the fire Stotts bandwagon or was this just to bait people?

Hobbesarable likes this.
  2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

That's literally 2/3rds the referee's fault. I hate how it's a tech but not a correctable error.

riverman likes this.
  3. SportsAndWhine

SportsAndWhine Dumbass For Hire

I think Stotts is a better coach but I remembered vaguely that some folk or other said Kidd outcoached Stotts (I remembered because I was watching the game while my friend was in from the east coast to visit, and that loss was really disappointing). So I just did a search to find it. Why are you so defensive about someone using the search function on the forum?

4. SportsAndWhine

SportsAndWhine Dumbass For Hire

I want to say I have a ton of respect for you, @riverman ; I'm not trying to offend you, just joking around.

dviss1 and riverman like this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

well I've posted about 35 thousand blips around here...when someone digs one up to show my contradictions...I find it to be baiting...all good my friend...I have a ton of posts about keeping Victor Claver too.....and 5 years ago I though Meyers would be our starting center...recently I had an argument in OT about some silly shit and deleted half a dozen of my posts.....the person I argued with took screen shots of my posts and reposted them in huge font.....I think that's just wrong.....sorry if I projected that on you....

6. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Frayed relationships in organization? I thought he dumped the Nets because of close great relationship with the organization? He is a backstabbing, wife beating.... ass.

On July 1, 2014, the Milwaukee Bucks secured Kidd's coaching rights from the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for two second-round draft picks in 2015 and 2019.[58] The move did not come without controversy, as it was reported that Kidd had been seeking more management power over the Nets' general manager Billy King and after being denied began talks with the Bucks even though they still had a coach under contract in Larry Drew.[59] He later stated that he felt the Nets truly did not want him nor were they committed to building a contender.[60] In his return to Brooklyn on November 19, 2014, he was greeted with heavy boos and jeers.[61]

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

This is a huge reason I wouldn't want him here.....his BBIQ though I do not question for a second

8. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    The CIA already has a staff of 5 busy people assigned to our board, taking screen shots of every post. That poster must be one of them. They are the moderators for sure.

riverman likes this.
  9. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

If he were fine coaching the rest of the season on an interim basis, as a try-out, I'd be down. At worst, he's no better/worse than Tater Totts. But as a defensive, pass-first HOF PG I'd be interested to see what he could do with a Dame-lead team.

10. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Hi first year as a coach, he had Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry, Andrei Kirilenko and Shaun Livingston. Sure, Garnett and Pierce were starting to get long in the tooth, but several of those other guys were still in their primes. They won 44 games, the best season of his coaching career.

Since then, his teams have generally underperformed (career coaching record 183 - 190), including this this year's Bucks team.

No thanks. I'll stick with Stotts. He may not be perfect, but Jason Kidd has never "coached up" a team the way Stotts did the Blazers after losing 4 starters. Kidd tends to "coach down" his teams. With that much talent, playing in the East, no way should MIL be the 8th seed barely above .500.

BNM

riverman likes this.
  11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Just a side note but Stotts was fired twice as a head coach...once by the Bucks

12. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

13. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

I KNEW IT!!!

And they said I was paranoid but I wouldn't be paranoid unless everybody was against me!

riverman likes this.
  14. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

maris has claimed to work for the Feds for 17 years or so......I think you're on to something here....except he's not a mod

16. Optimistic Bob

Optimistic Bob Active Member

Mid year coaching changes suck. Too bad for the Bucks but we don't want him either

17. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Yeah. Fuck that. Hire me. I'm a good coach. The other part I'm maybe more like Kidd. I'll do it for a 5 year 750,000 contract. Come on Paul!

Jade Falcon likes this.
  18. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

@riverman It's a trolling thread all the way.

riverman likes this.
  19. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Kidd starting NBA coaching soon after his playing days, and with no other coaching experience.
    His hiring in Milwaukee was a stunt to draw more fans, IMHO. Now that they actually have a
    good team, it makes sense to dump him. From the earlier link, Milwaukee fans feel the same way.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Who would be in consideration for the head job in Milwaukee? A vet coach or somebody currently working as an assistant coach or college coach? I'd say Kevin McHale would be one guy...Mike Dunleavy another...as to college coaches Dana Altman is a hell of a coach...overseas David Blatt is coaching in Turkey I think..any suggestions?