Hold me accountable?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by The_Lillard_King, Sep 16, 2008.

1. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    But I don't view firing someone as an abuse of power. A chief executive needs to be able to put in people they trust to execute their vision. I for one believe this guy was canned because he didn't fire the trooper Gov. Palin wanted him to. That doesn't bother me a whit. That guy is represented by a union, and if there were no grounds to fire him, he'd get a nice settlement. However, this dirtbag was promoted. That was basically this guy saying to Gov. Palin "Take that". That kind of insuboordination deserves a good firing.

LOL! Of course, those folks weren't the boss of me, no matter how much they thought they were.:smiley-officer:

2. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Well we see things differently (can you believe it?). But on this one I think the majority is with me, you got to hold government officials accountable for their actions and that includes wrongful termination of employment.

Palin is allowed to fire someone if she feels the employee does not fit with her vision, but she can't fire an employee because he refused to fire someone based on an divorce. If that is the case, Palin abuse her power as governor to (1) try to get her brother-in-law fired (2) firing someone for not firing brother-in-law. Basically ugly politics from a woman who chants about cleaning up congress.

3. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

So, you are saying that he should have fired the trooper even though he knew that he did not have grounds to do so, and that the union would sue, and win a big settlement for the trooper?

Would that really be a wise use of tax dollars?

barfo

4. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    From what I've read, this trooper didn't deserve to keep his job, much less be promoted. That was my point.

5. barfo

Maybe he didn't "deserve" it, but he'd already been punished for the infractions that the Palins ratted him out on, and by the union contract, they weren't able to punish him again for the same infraction. So firing him would indeed have resulted in a lawsuit and the state paying damages.

barfo

6. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Must...resist...union...rant.

7. barfo

Yes, because that would be missing the point here. Union rules are what they are, and the governor of the state should have been able to comprehend them. Demanding that Monegan breach the union contract, and then firing him for not doing so, is not kosher.

barfo

8. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I guess you didn't see the flag of Israel in Gov. Palin's office.

Actually, I think the real waste of time is pursuing this silly issue. The guy got canned. It's not a big deal to me, although others feel differently.