Hold Neil and Jody accountable

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

They'll both be retired before that city gets another NBA team!

2. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Conservative? I think the word you're looking for is stupid, though these days it's understandable how one might make that mistake.

STOMP

3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Lol. Another pointless thread.

Blazer509 and riverman like this.
  4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I'll just let the mods handle this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2021
    Blazer509 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  5. TheHobbit

TheHobbit New Member

Dame literally said it has nothing to do with the fan reaction on social media and that it was that the roster around him was not good enough. If that doesn't change, and soon, he'll demand a trade.

Probably need to make moves and progress this season or he's gone.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  6. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Jake Fischer, who has been on a hot streak this summer, believes there’s still a chance that Dame asks out when he’s done with the Olympics.

Perfect time to bump this.

Fuck you, Olshey! :bored:

AldoTrapani likes this.
  7. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

How hold them accountable? Don't watch games? We can't vote them out.

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I sure as fuck don't want to watch the Kansas City Blazers....that's what massive protests in Portland would accomplish and only that....just stop being a Blazer fan if you're at that point over some suits in an office.

Idog1976 and BonesJones like this.
  9. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

who cares, dame himself said hes the ultimate source, if anyone credible says it, it will be haynes (dames boy), not anyone else, not even woj or shams, cause it wouldnt make sense that olshey leaks it woj and kills his value

people are just speculating at this point, they have no sources, even when haynes says something, you cant take it for granted, it can be act of putting pressure on olshey or just him getting clicks, attention etc on dames articles or maybe telling the truth

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    RR7 likes this.
  10. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Cancelled my season tix!

Haakzilla and Fez Hammersticks like this.
  11. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Unless there are changes to the main pieces and not this peripheral nonsense, I won't be attending any games this season. My next door neighbor and my best friend have tix that I buy off of them each year......but won't go to a single game to support this rerun of a movie I've seen too many times now.

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

but don't you live in Hawaii?

13. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    Yeesh. We're barely into the offseason and all these people are jumping out of basement windows.

14. BLAZINGGIANTS

No. I still live in Oregon wine country. Bought the Volcano/Mountain View house on the Hilo side of the Big Island, but still in Oregon wine country until we decide to make the full leap (could be tomorrow, could be in 10 years). Down to our final week before we leave to the mainland.

Plan is a 75/25 split in Oregon/Hawaii for now. Wife's been here for 8 weeks. I was 3+, then 2 home, and now back here.

Idog1976 and riverman like this.
  15. Charcoal Filtered

Charcoal Filtered Writing Team

Problem with canceling season tickets is that many of us get a big discount over new tickets holders according to how long we have had seats. It can be as much as 20% for those with 20 yrs.

It is frustrating though. Everyone has questioned the backcourt except NO. We have never been a true contender at any point during NO's tenure. His excuse for not making a trade supposedly has been no stars want to come to Portland or a deal has not presented itself for CJ. Easy to use that excuse when the details would never be revealed. Could it be that CJ is overpaid and/or no one else values him the same?

Even though other GM's had issues, they would atleast make an attempt to interact with ticket holders and embrace the area. We should have let him go to Washington.

16. BLAZINGGIANTS

I won't be morbid, but I'll say the struggle to leave UCD and mom is a struggle! I love them and Oregon.

When those things are gone, my thoughts of life might change a bit.

Idog1976 and riverman like this.
  17. Blazer Freak

Blazer Freak Superstar in the Making

Management
    Yes….cancel them so I can keep moving up and paying the same price :devilwink:

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  18. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I totally disagree. You can see Dame frustrated at the Olympics. He doesn't like playing second fiddle to anyone. And, at times has found it hard to find his rhythm with Durant controlling the game. Durant has been hot the last two games, but wasn't earlier in the games. And Dame still didn't get that many shots. His defense was poor the other night, but so was a majority of his teammates early. Dame is an Alpha. He might not be get to be that joining another superstar elsewhere.

19. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

When you cancel your season tickets, there will always be someone else to get into them. I had a similar situation in Denver. Broncos fans were pissed off after the '94 season. I put my name on the list, and was called the following spring. I got in in less than 4 months. And all that followed was 2 Super Bowl Victories, and thousands of some of my greatest life memories to date. I wish i had the money to move back to the Rose City. I miss it. Eugene/Springfield sucked the 2+ years i lived there. Now i'm back in Colorado. I share an apartment with my daughter. Which is awesome, but i miss Portland. Everytime i had a chance, i visited and felt like the 400 pound gorilla i was carrying was gone. Portland is in my soul. And the Blazers are a big part of that. I can see myself going to games in the future, and deferring my cost by ubering someone home after. The nosebleeds in Moda are great. I sat in Old Mile High in the nosebleeds and it was awesome too.

SlyPokerDog and riverman like this.
  20. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

This post was good on so many levels.

Yeah, I'm not sure that Neil will do everything he needs to or if he tries that he'll get it right but the guy has different motivation than he has before. He has the guy who was third in scoring and ninth in assists and happens to be one of the most marketable and probably the most liked in the NBA on his team telling Neil that he has to do better than he has in the past or Dame will want to be relocated. This is the GM of a team who thinks it's almost impossible to get star players to come to the team. So far in the off season he hasn't done anything remotely different than his usual tinkering with the supporting pieces of the roster.

He has been told he has to do better and said he wants to be held accountable by Dame. So, I think he has to do something more. He can't think that he's done. It makes no sense. That being said Neil has done a lot of things that haven't made sense in his tenure as GM here. We'll just have to wait and see but there really is a lot of good that can happen for the team between now and the beginning of the season... so I'm as hopeful as I can be while not trusting Neil for even part of a second.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021