Homosexuals in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Rudeezy, Jun 11, 2004.

1. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I feel where you're coming from. Don't forget it happens both ways. I bet the father of Halle Barry would frown on a white boy dating his daughter even though she's half white herself. It's like the whole double standards thing.</div>

Oh yeah no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised by something like that.

2. TimmyGinobili

TimmyGinobili JBB JustBBall Member

Hey don't get mad at me.

3. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

Halle Berry's the most overrated chick in the history.... goddamn... for homosexuals, I think there're tough gays too, like gays who play man's part and stuff like that, just cause you're gay, doesn't mean you can't be athletic or um... "tough?"

Anyways, whoever slaps players ass for makin good plays is pretty fishy, why not just pat them in the back or somethin, why touch the men's ass? :thumbsdow

P.S. Keith Van Horn's a possible suspect.

4. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TimmyGinobili:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey don't get mad at me.</div>

[​IMG]

5. McGrady#1

McGrady#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DarkCloud:</div><div class="quote_post">
    It's funny how alot of people with hang-ups about gays start quoting the bible to support their intolerant views. They always forget that bible also tells us not to Judge others and to do unto others as you would have done on to you.</div>

Did i ever say that i judged gays? i said that i recognised their sins, and that they need help. I also know that my sins are obvious and i also need help (even if they aren't ovious i still need help).
    Did i ever indicate that i was intolerant of homosexuality? i most certainly did not...
    Its a bit hard not to quote the bible when it is the very thing i live by, being God's word and all.

it's just upsetting that they haven't come to know jesus, and there is a possibility that they'll miss out on eternity, just like so many others that haven't come to know Jesus/God.

6. austinstoneman

austinstoneman JBB JustBBall Member

I doubt many NBA players are gay. The whole idea of "is he gay?" "is he gay?" is totally unique to this generation. I think our society used to have more dignity about sexuality than to parade it around in public and make it out as such a big part of you character-- "the gay lifestyle," "identifying as gay," and so on. I blame the gay lobby just as much as I blame the conservatives for this idiocy.

7. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cubanballer:</div><div class="quote_post">

What does "accept" means? It's simply "it's not for me" or it is "it's wrong and they should not do it". One is a personal belief, the other is a judgement.</div>

A judgment by God. In the Bible it specifically says that it's wrong. Being a Christian and everything, I live by God's word.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It's too convenient to try to separate people from their sexual preferences on one hand</div>

Saying that you accept them as people but not their preference is not seperating them from their preference. Like I said in another post, my best friend is bisexual so to say I'm prejudiced against gays is absurd. I'll treat like how I treat anybody, I ain't gon gape at them and call them foul names or nothing like that, cuz then I'll be doing wrong.