HoopsHype Blazers Season Preview

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by THE HCP, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Better than what? He couldn't even crack the rotation on that shitty team last year. If they did bring him back, which they most likely won't (no one ever does - there's a reason he's played for 6 teams in his 5 year career), he'll be buried even deeper on the bench this year behind Julius Randle and Kyle Kuzma.

BNM

BonesJones likes this.
  2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

We'd have a realistic shot against any team except the Warriors.

3. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    Man forgot about Kuzma. Him and Lavar* with Swaggy P, is Lou Williams still there? Randle is OK but TRob iz better

*Edit: Lonzo of course

4. BonesJones

TRob is undersized, can't score, can't defend, has no BBall IQ... He's not good.

dviss1 likes this.
  5. BonesJones

Teague is the Wolves "better addition".. Huh?

The Lakers are gonna be tough? Huh?

The Bucks should burst because MCW? Huh?

Utah got better? Huh?

dviss1 likes this.
  6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Nice!

Yeaaahhh....
    After watching it the first time, I just cancelled my plans with the guys. Ill be watching it over and over for the next couple hours.

Now or when actual playoff time comes? With an expected improvement in Vonleh, and Caleb being a solid bench contributor, I think we can take all but GSW and possibly Houston... shit we should be able to take Houston too. Again. this is at full or near full health and continued improvement from Vonleh and no backstep/improvement from Harkless.

theprunetang and BonesJones like this.
  7. BonesJones

Nobody wants a PG that shoots 36% FGs, 23% 3pt, and doesn't create anything fit his teammates. MCW is a decent defender, and awful everywhere else.

8. Boob-No-More

Wow, where have you been all summer? Swaggy P is in GSW and Lou Willliams has been traded twice since the first of the year - forst to HOU and them to LAC in the CP3 trade.

And no, TRob isn't better than Randle, or anyone else. In addition to POR and HOU, four of the absolutely worst teams in the league (SAC, PHI, BRK, LAL) have given up on him. When the crappiest teams in the league don't want you, that's a pretty good sign you suck.

BNM

9. Blazer4ever

Agricolture
    Teague is a better player In My Opinion than Butler.
    The Lakers are gonna be tougher, they made the best draft.
    Milwaukee should burst when Giannis and Parker start clicking, MCW would have been a perfect compliment.
    TRob is not undersized, definitely not considering his athleticism, leaping ability. He would be our best defender at PF and his basketball IQ is underrated. He maybe is not the most intellectual person but his basketball IQ is actually pretty good.
    MCW is IMO a great talent. He lost his way a bit but when/if he finds it he can be amazing. He has the Steph Curry free flowing quality although different in style and maybe not That good

10. Boob-No-More

He's a horrible defender. There is more to playing defense than one or two highlight reel blocks a season.

If his BBIQ is so damn good, and he's such a great defender, why have 7 teams given up on the guy in 5 years? Not one NBA coach or GM has ever felt the guy was good enough to keep around, even on a minimum contract. Please explain why?

BNM

11. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

So you believe THIS roster can beat the Spurs or the Rockets in a playoff series? I guess anybody can beat anybody on any given night, but in a 7 game series, I don't think so. Won't we be 10 point underdogs every time we play both of these teams during the regular season?

12. THE HCP

So you believe THIS roster can beat the Spurs or the Rockets in a playoff series? I guess anybody can beat anybody on any given night, but in a 7 game series, I don't think so. Won't we be 10 point underdogs every time we play both of these teams during the regular season?

13. Blazer4ever

Agricolture
    Exactly the reason you said: weak franchises that can't evaluate talent

14. Boob-No-More

So, franchises desperate for talent are turning it away. What about winning teams like POR and HOU. Are they also incapable of evaluating talent.

Or maybe, just maybe, when 7 out of 7 teams cut a player loose, maybe it's because he just isn't a very good NBA basketball player. What's it going to take, every single one of the 30 NBA teams to pass on Thomas Robinson before you come to your senses? He's available right now, for the league minimum salary and not one single team has offered him even that.

As of now, there are still 10 teams under the cap and several more that have one, or more, roster spots available. Even teams that are over the cap, can offer him a min contract if they have an available roster spot. Right now, 20 of the 30 teams could offer him a min contract without going over the luxury tax threshold. Yet no one wants TRob. I wonder why that is... I guess they are all weak franchises that can't evaluate talent.

BNM

15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

A healthy roster with a year to gel with Nurk? I do. Spurs are an iffy. I forgot about them Pop knows playoff basketball like no other. I give us a punchers chance though. We are young and can push them and keep them on their heels.
    You are under valueing Nurks impact on the young guys around him.

16. Boob-No-More

No, we won't be. A 10 point spread is pretty big. The last time we played HOU, we were 1 point favorites.

The last time we played SAS, we were 10.5 point under dogs, but that was only because they played all their starters and we rested ours.

In both instances, we covered the spread.

BTW, in terms of actual results, after the Nurkic trade, we were a combined 3-0 vs. HOU and SAS. We beat the Spurs, by 4, in San Antonio on March 15th. We beat HOU by 10 in POR in the game in which Nurk played on a broken leg on March 30, and then we beat the Spurs by 1 in POR in that game where the Spurs played their starters and we rested ours.

That doesn't mean we would beat either of those teams in a 7 game series, but it does mean it would be very unlikely for us to be "10 point underdogs every time we play both of these teams during the regular season".

BNM

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  17. THE HCP

You have way too many stats for me to argue with..... so how about this FAMS.....
    When we play them the 6 or 7 times this coming season what do you think the average point spread be and in favor of which team. You own enough common sense to believe we couldn't beat either of these teams in a 7 game series right?

18. Boob-No-More

I also own enough common sense to know we won't be "10 point underdogs every time we play both of these teams during the regular season".

As far as a 7 game series, any potential for that is 8 months away. The Spurs are old and the Rockets are going to be relying on Chris Paul who has been very injury prone in the playoffs. So, I have enough common sense to wait and see who will actually be playing before I'm ready to predict the winner of a series that far in advance.

BNM

THE HCP and Orion Bailey like this.
  19. THE HCP

Ahhhhhh, c'mon man. So the SPurs are old and CP3 gets hurt, those are cons for them, what about us?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  20. BonesJones

No, we won't.

So let's exclude Kawhi and Lillard. Who would be the next two players you'd want from either team?

If the answer isn't CJ and Nurk, you're hating.

As far as the Rockets, the game is mute physical in playoffs, which doesn't work well for Harden. CP3 hasn't had any playoff success even though hes played for good teams. Their ball dominant ways duplicate each other and minimize the impact the CP3 should have.