Hornets 100 @ Cavaliers 104

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jbbKing James, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Yes!AndTheFoul!

Yes!AndTheFoul! JBB JustBBall Member

Let's not get too carried away. 3 good wins in a row is still not enough. There is still a lot of work to be done.

2. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

But isn't it great to be ahead of Boston!

I'm getting some satisfaction from that!!!

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Cavaliers earn third straight victory

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In four days, they've beaten the defending NBA champions, won at Madison Square Garden and rallied from 25 points down for a victory.

Suddenly, there seems to be nothing these Cleveland Cavaliers can't do.

"This is sweet," guard Jeff McInnis said. "I've never come back from so far down before."

LeBron James scored 21 points, fellow rookie Jason Kapono added a season-high 19 and the Cavaliers rallied from a 25-point deficit Monday night for a 104-100 victory over the New Orleans Hornets.

Carlos Boozer had 24 points, and McInnis added 14 and nine assists for the Cavs, who have won three straight -- at home against San Antonio and New Orleans and at New York -- since last Friday.

After starting the season 6-19, enduring turmoil and two major trades, Cleveland is within 1{ games of the eighth playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
    </div>

Full Story

4. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

Great game by the Cav's. There's no doubt that they have been playing great ball lately. I just hope they can continue this winning streak, and make the playoffs.

5. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Just got done watching my weekly Cavs bootleg tape. Best come back I have seen thus far during this season. Im glad to see Kapono capitalizing on the minutes he is getting from Silias. You wanted weapons? There you have it. 5 of 5 beyond the arc was very exciting for me to see. Good all around game from each individual player tonight.

6. M*gic

M*gic BBW Member

wow owow wowow wow this is insane... i didn't see or follow the html play-by-play thing but seeing the recap is already enough... it's cool for the team, players and coaches I'm sure they're happy and this is a great start for the team's push to the playoffs... this team is playing with heart and passion, and not getting carried away, if this team keeps up and plays consistently like this and makes the playoffs, noone would want to face them in the first round... they're SIMPLY DANGEROUS now!

7. jbbKing James

Cavs made the front page of ESPN with this win...

Great work fellas!

8. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Great game, I hadn't belived it if I didn't see the result at NBA.com myself!
    Didn't belive Cavs could beat Hornets, but they did!
    Congratulations, Cavs are now on a 3 game winning streak

9. jbbKing James

Reversal of fortunes

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Behind by 25, Cavaliers roar back to win third in row

He who laughs last...

There were 100 reasons why the Cavaliers should've lost Monday night. It was a back-to-back game, their third in four nights. They were coming off two emotional wins and in the letdown danger zone. And they were apparently facing a team that was hotter than Phoenix in July.

That's exactly what Cavaliers center Tony Battie told his teammates at halftime, a short while after the New Orleans Hornets smacked them from the outset and built a 25-point, first-half lead.

``I told them we could find a lot of reasons to lose this game,'' Battie said. ``We need to find one good one to win it.''
    </div>

Full Story

10. Carter#15

Carter#15 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Carter#15:</div><div class="quote_post">I will kiss my ass if Hornets lost this game....</div>
    Upsss [​IMG]. What a great game!! Jason Kapono for MVP [​IMG]. We are going to get into the playoffs !! Next win with Rockets. Keep it going guys, keep it going [​IMG]

11. DajuanWagner#2

Cavaliers Cap Comeback With Win

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fellow rookie Jason Kapono scored a season-high 19 points and helped spark a huge second half for the Cavaliers.

"I'm so happy for Kap because he didn't play for a long, long stretch of time, but after practice he's there shooting with K.O. (Kevin Ollie), keeping his game sharp, and now it's paying off," said Cavaliers coach Paul Silas, who was fired by the Hornets last May. "He's one of the best shooters I've ever seen."

James assisted on Carlos Boozer's basket that gave Cleveland the lead for good at 96-94 with 2:13 remaining. After Boozer and Davis exchanged one foul shot apiece, James knifed through the defense for a layup and a four-point lead.</div>

Full story

12. mustafa_shakur

mustafa_shakur JBB JustBBall Member

I think this was a big game for us. It was kind of a hump game, getting two wins in a row one of which against the spurs, then playing another tough team against the hornets. I think this game really screamed break down, and after the 1st quarter I think most of us were saying here we go again. Then we fought and slowly worked our way back in it. Even when we came all the way back I wondered if we could actually pull it out. Could we win that all important close one? The third win in a row? A game after being down 25?

And we did!

best game I've seen in awhile, pretty exciting.

13. DajuanWagner#2

Unbelievable! Down 25, Cavs claw back, win thriller

Unbelievable! Down 25, Cavs claw back, win thriller

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Coach Paul Silas got so worked up that had to replace his soaked shirt and tie with a T-shirt. Before the first question asked during the postgame interview, Silas jokingly said what had just transpired was just another game.

Yeah, right.

In what was probably the greatest comeback in franchise history, the Cavaliers rallied from a 25-point second-quarter deficit behind the outside shooting of Jason Kapono and the clutch shooting of Jeff McInnis to finish with an incredible 104-100 victory over the New Orleans Hornets.

The 25 points tied the Hornets' franchise record for the biggest blown lead.

Carlos Boozer led the Cavs with 24 points and LeBron James scored 21, but it was Kapono, who has seen little action this season, who helped bring the Cavs back from what looked like a blowout loss. Kapono finished with a season-high 19 points.

"We were just flat early on and we started searching for the right combinations and the guys just hung in there," Silas said. "Kapono didn't play [on Sunday in New York] and he came in tonight and he was just unbelievable. He did a great job."</div>

Full story