Hot Rumor: Artest to Kings for Bonzi/Martin

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Shapecity, Jan 20, 2006.

1. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

From the bottom of my heart I genuinely hope the worst for Artest. What a little punk/psycho/embarassment to humanity. The league needs to take more power away from players and penalize them for stunts like this. I still give Petrie credit for making it happen, not his fault Ron Artest has no interest in his own stock as a player.

2. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">From the bottom of my heart I genuinely hope the worst for Artest. What a little punk/psycho/embarassment to humanity. The league needs to take more power away from players and penalize them for stunts like this. I still give Petrie credit for making it happen, not his fault Ron Artest has no interest in his own stock as a player.</div>

Somebody had some sour grapes for breakfast? I seriously laughed my ass off when I heard Artest wanted no part of Sac. Its TOO funny. Do you think he thinks he's too good for the team or something?

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">From the bottom of my heart I genuinely hope the worst for Artest. What a little punk/psycho/embarassment to humanity. The league needs to take more power away from players and penalize them for stunts like this. I still give Petrie credit for making it happen, not his fault Ron Artest has no interest in his own stock as a player.</div>

Apparently it was Artest's agent who, slipped this rumor out there causing the Kings to back off. I don't think the league can do anything about it, because the trade actually never happened.

The Pacers held a meeting today with Artest to ask him point blank if he is the one blocking this trade. This statement sounds Terrell Owens-ish.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Ron Artest did not want to be traded to Sacramento weeks ago, and he does not want to be traded to Sacramento now.

"Basketball is Ron Artest's passion. In order for Ron to fully demonstrate his natural skills and abilities, to the best of his abilities, he not only must be in an environment that is conducive to his growth an development as a player, he must also ensure that his family is happy and content as well. Ron does not believe that will be the case if he were in Sacramento. Period. However, as mentioned earlier, Ron is deeply committed to the sport of basketball and desperately misses playing the game he loves. If the trade is made he will play for his new team, regardless of how he may feel about it." </div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Stevens told ESPN's Greg Anthony that he thought Artest needed a stable situation with strong leadership, and that the uncertainty about both Kings coach Rick Adelman's future and the Kings' future in Sacramento indicated a lack of stability that would be uncomfortable for Artest.</div>

This part has some validity to it. If Adelman is a lameduck coach at this point, I could see some concerns, but it's unfair for Artest or his agent to make these assumptions.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"The way I was treated today, I was disappointed," Stojakovic told ESPN.com in Philadelphia. "I feel kind of disrespected with the way I found out. Thank God they have TVs here. I understand being traded, but this situation is weird. I had already planned my flight back to Sacramento, and now everything is reversed. </div>

This is the worst part of this ordeal. Now you have Peja further distanced from this team and you have to figure his trade value takes a hit because he's unhappy in Sac, and they are almost forced to deal him at this point.

Source

4. Yournewchef

Yournewchef Whippin up a cake.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">

This is the worst part of this ordeal. Now you have Peja further distanced from this team and you have to figure his trade value takes a hit because he's unhappy in Sac, and they are almost forced to deal him at this point.
    </div>

Exactly.

5. GiantMidget

Maybe Artest isnt finished making Tru Warrior Mixtape:Volume 2, and needs more time.

6. GiantMidget

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Do you think he thinks he's too good for the team or something?</div> More like he thinks hes too good for the city. What type of jackass thinks hes too good for a CITY?

7. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">More like he thinks hes too good for the city. What type of jackass thinks hes too good for a CITY?</div>

Apparently Artest has agreed to be traded "anywhere."

8. GiantMidget

^ All that is just whistles and bells for the media to keep himself from looking like an ass. This guy wants to act like a jerk AND maintain a professional image (even though everyone already knows hes crazy).

9. GiantMidget

Apparently the deal is going to be done once again. Im pissed at the way the maloofs handled the situation with Peja. Not good for the teams reputation amoungst players.

10. GiantMidget

Hopefully the Kings are smart and retrade artest for one of the deals Indy was looking at. I doubt any of the Kings players have much desire to play with Artest after yesterday.

11. Shapecity

I think the Maloffs did a fine job in handling the situation. They have a solid reputation from the players across the league and it's not going to take a hit. Let's not forget, Peja Stoyakovic, hasn't exactly been the model player for the Kings. He's the guy who doesn't take care of his body in the off-season, leading to injuries and slow recovery. He's also the guy who cried more than once about trade demands himself, and let's not forget about his post season disappearing acts.

As for landing Artest and then trading him, you are on to something. It's been speculated the Maloffs want Artest so they can package him with Kenny Thomas, Brian Skinner, or Corliss Williamson.

Maybe they send Artest + Corliss to the Knicks. Artest wants to play in NY, and Larry Brown got a lot of production out of Corliss when they were both in Detroit.

12. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Although Peja did have a trade demand back when Webber was around, I have to disagree as far as his offseason regimen. Living in Sacramento and knowing various lower level people in the Kings organization, I've been told that he's one of the harder workers on the Kings team and is fairly professional, but he's also taken various committments for Greece during summertime as well. But, he's actually been a fairly consistent gym rat as far as summers go, showing up all summer for the past several years. As far as his playoff disappearing act, well, who knows what's going through his mind then.

13. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zhone:</div><div class="quote_post">Although Peja did have a trade demand back when Webber was around, I have to disagree as far as his offseason regimen. Living in Sacramento and knowing various lower level people in the Kings organization, I've been told that he's one of the harder workers on the Kings team and is fairly professional, but he's also taken various committments for Greece during summertime as well. But, he's actually been a fairly consistent gym rat as far as summers go, showing up all summer for the past several years. As far as his playoff disappearing act, well, who knows what's going through his mind then.</div>

I've heard conflicting reports. Maybe he's a gym rat working on his basketball skills, but as far as strength and conditioning I've heard he's not committed to it at all. Here's an interview he did this past August...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Stojakovic first addressed what he has been doing this summer to stay physically fit and prepare for the coming NBA season. While clearly not a “gym rat,” Stojakovic is putting in regular work this summer.

“I’ve been working out for myself,” he said. “I always go on the court to play basketball. I go two hours a day, but I don’t do any conditioning right now. I just do basketball and lifting weights. It’s too early for conditioning. You always have to keep yourself in enough condition that you will be ready for harder physical activity (in training camp). It’s nothing new, nothing old that I’m doing, so I’ve been doing this for all of my career. So you’ve got to keep working, because that’s our life.”

Aside from playing basketball daily, Stojakovic has been active playing other sports, including tennis and ping pong. “It’s always good to hit the ball, to clear up your mind,” he chuckled.</div>

Source

14. cliplove777

cliplove777 JBB JustBBall Member

well its official..........Artest is a King........say bye to peja sac town

15. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cliplove777:</div><div class="quote_post">well its official..........Artest is a King........say bye to peja sac town</div>

They said good bye yesterday. [​IMG]

But congrats to the Kings on landing Artest. IMO he just guaranteed the Kings a spot in the playoffs. He'll bring out the nasty, intimidating sides of Brad Miller and Bonzi Wells.

16. GiantMidget

I really hope Ron just comes to SAC to play hard. Id rather keep a hard working Artest then have to look for another trade opportunity.

17. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">I really hope Ron just comes to SAC to play hard. Id rather keep a hard working Artest then have to look for another trade opportunity.</div>

Ron has never slacked off. He plays hard every night, it's just that he's a nutcase. Hopefully he turns around, because this is last chance. If he messes this up, he'll never have another longterm contract and will either be out of the league or signing 1 or 2 year deals for the rest of his career.

18. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">I really hope Ron just comes to SAC to play hard. Id rather keep a hard working Artest then have to look for another trade opportunity.</div>

Time to make a new signature eh, GiantMidget?

When Wells gets back, the Kings are going to have a really good starting 5 on paper. I think this is a win-win deal for both teams, but the Kings have more risk at hand than the Pacers. If Ron can keep a steady head and co-exist with the rest of the team, Shareef can get a chance to play a playoff game pretty soon.

19. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Damn Imagine the Kings now with Ron Ron.

PG - Mike Bibby
    SG - Bonzi Wells
    SF - Ron Artest
    PF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    C - Brad Miller

6th Man - Kenny Thomas/Francisco Garcia

That look real good on paper but only as long as Ron-Ron can keep his head straight, I love the guy, I love watching him play but he's made a mockery of the league with all this. First the Brawl, then asking for a trade, then not wanting to be traded, then traded. Anyways, the Kings might be one of my favorite teams if Ron can do what he did in Indiana.

20. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

Good trade for the Kings, anxious to see what Artest is going to do next. This will mos def tighten up the Lakers vs. Kings rivalry for sure.