**Houston Rockets' Fans Roll Call**

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by bbwAce, Jan 25, 2004.

1. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I've always been wondering why our forum didnt have a fan roll call. I think its about time Rockets fans are heard from [​IMG]

State some interesting facts about yourself...how long you've been a fan, favorite all-time player, etc...

As for myself, I've been a fan since 1994, and have been following the Rockets religiously since then. My all-time favorite Rocket would have to be Clyde Drexler, who also was my first favorite NBA player. I think my all-time favorite Rockets moment was when they won their second championship, coming from the sixth seed to sweep the eastern conference darlings Orlando Magic. And for some reason, my all-time favorite Rockets game was Game 7 of the 1997 NBA Western Conference Semi-Finals against Seattle, when they finally beat Seattle in a playoff series. I believe Clyde, Dream and Charles each scored 20 in that game [​IMG]

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

We should have one of those. There's one in every team forum here in JBB.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    OK here I go.

I've been a fan ever since I started watching basketball in 1994. The Rockets were at the height of their prime and I instantly jumped on the bandwagon and became a fan. My favorite player from Houston of all time is Clyde Drexler. He formed such a formidable duo with Hakeem. My favorite moment is whenever the Rockets of recent beat the Lakers, and we've been doing that a lot lately.

Go Rockets!!

4. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have been a fan since the 1994 season as well. My dad was a Rockets nut and I still remember sitting on the couch together watching the Rockets games. At that time my favorite player was Sam Cassell however my favorite player of all time is Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon. He simply just brought so much to the game. I think if we wouldn't have made the Barkley trade we could have one another NBA Championship.

5. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

I've been a fan since I was a lil kid ..I still remember Hakeem's 'dream shake' and how he schooled Shaq and Ewing in the Finals. I didn't have a favorite player, I liked how Clyde the Glide could drive past his opponents with ease. My favorite moment was beating the Knicks in the finals against starks, ewing and oakley. My worst moment was watching our all-stars slow down because of their age and how we began to suck afterwards..

6. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Wow only four Rockets fans on JBB? Is that a record? [​IMG]

7. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow only four Rockets fans on JBB? Is that a record? [​IMG]</div>

We have more Rocket fans, its just that they either haven't filled out a post on this thread yet.

8. dunkmasterx2o

dunkmasterx2o JBB JustBBall Member

I became a Rockets fan ever since 2001 when we got to actually see NBA Games on TV. My Fav rocket is either Steve or Yao and my favorite game that i've seen was yao-shaq one where francis got a career high 44 and hit that 3 to force ot and later the rockets won. worst moment was when last year they missed out of the playoffs by one game

9. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

I was waiting for this thread.
    I've been a Rocket's fan since the midle of this season. I don't know why I just started liking them.

10. Franchise73187

Franchise73187 JBB JustBBall Member

Rockets!

I have been a Rockets fan since 2001 when I used to be and Allen Iverson fan. My brother was a AI and I liked the Blazers until I saw franchise. I have watched every game I can and with out a doubt we are going to the playoffs. Steve will get his stats to 19/7/7

11. jbbYao

jbbYao JBB

I can't say that i am a fan because i have never seen a rockets game yet. It started at the beginning of this year, when i first played NBA 2004 on my friend's PlayStation2. I didnt know anything about basketball, i just chose the rockets and i liked the team. I am following all their games on the internet now because i can't see them on TV here in Germany. They only show one game per week. I hope it will be a rockets game one day.

12. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Yao:</div><div class="quote_post">I can't say that i am a fan because i have never seen a rockets game yet. It started at the beginning of this year, when i first played NBA 2004 on my friend's PlayStation2. I didnt know anything about basketball, i just chose the rockets and i liked the team. I am following all their games on the internet now because i can't see them on TV here in Germany. They only show one game per week. I hope it will be a rockets game one day.</div>

You should get NBA League pass if you can get it there. You can see every single game of the season and see every 82 rocket games of the season.

13. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I became a huge fan of the Rockets early on in the 93-94 season, during their 15 game win streak to start the season. I followed them religiously pretty much throughout the Olajuwon/Drexler years. College and lack of playoff success caused my interest to go down a bit in the past few years. This year I've had an opportunity to catch most of their games on tv, and I've been following them quite closely this season.

14. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

I'm not a die-hard fans like you guys but I'm a fan of the Rockets. I've patterned parts of my game from the Dream and you can call me a Yao fan. I started being a fan of Yao during his first (I think) game against Shaq and he blocked a few shots of the Diesel. [​IMG]

15. harry_balls5

harry_balls5 JBB Banned Member

ive enjoyed watching the rockets since i started watching basketball (1996 around).

since yao entered the L i became a real rockets fan. i follow most of their games over the internet and watch as many as i could on tv if they go on lol (i live in toronto).

its too unfortunate that i never got to c hakeem in his prime (although i sasw some good hakeem days). ditto drexler.

i also remeber the lineup a few years ago with the star-studdered frontcourt of hakeem, barkley and pippen and the rookie backcourt of mobley and dickerson. that was a pretty cool team.

currently, i watch the rockets bcuz of yao. i like fransic too but he is kinda out of control too much with his turnovers and he doesnt pass to yao enough lol

16. the franchise

the franchise JBB JustBBall Member

i always liked the rockets since the 93-94 season.my fav player is stevie

17. RocketLaunch

RocketLaunch JBB JustBBall Member

I've been a Rockets fan for 11 years already... Favorite all time Rocket is Hakeem, don't really have a favorite player on the team now though...

18. D Rocket

D Rocket JBB JustBBall Member

I have been a Rockets Fan since the 93' season when I was little. After I saw them win the championship I fell in love the team. My all-time favorite player is Hakeem, but right now it's Stevie.

19. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

Iam a huge rocket's fan. I even live in Houston. I love the fact that we were once dominate in the NBA...Now were gonna re-build and make it better than the 1994 team.

I've been a fan since we got francis (this is the time were i started paying basketball and was able to score)..my fav all time player would have to be...The Dream.

20. RocketGuru

RocketGuru JBB JustBBall Member

I have been a Rockets fan since i started watching basketball. When the Rocket's won there second championship is when i really started paying attention, Off-course i was only 13 at the time.

I am a die-hard fan that hates the Rockets every bit as much as i love them. Hakeem and Drexler are my favorite Rockets of all-time. Barkley and Pippen are my most hated of all-time. I am a stat and Srategy nut, i study basketball like it was a religion.

The off-season has to be my favorite part of the game. It when you build-up all the inticipation for the season and you start salivating at the possibilties of you're team(only to be let down). God i love this game.