**Houston Rockets' Fans Roll Call**

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by bbwAce, Jan 25, 2004.

1. yaofan

yaofan JBB JustBBall Member

I have been a Rocket's fan since Rox drafted Yao.Before that,I am a Dallas fan.And I am a Chinese currently studying in montreal.I begin to love the Rox,I hope they never trade Yao,then I can be the Yao fan and Rox fan the same time.Otherwise,I will follow the team the Yao goes to.But I really start to love the Rockets.So,please,Houston,just let Yao finish his career there.I know he may not quite live up to your expectation as the #1 draft yet,but give him time,he will sooner rather than later.

Go Rockets!

2. Bally

Bally JBB JustBBall Member

Yo sory mr JBB writing team,
    I was jus letin peopl kno that even if iv only bn playin ball for only a year n half i do ave knowlegde of tha game.but i stil got luv 4 u even afta my tellin off.so i guess ur not a fan of msn,lol.(means Laugh Out Loud).Na im sorry.Fanks for ur feedbak on the Lamar Odom idea jus wantin thorts abot it frm america.n i kno wat u mean but i realy do think he wud complete the team,mayb we shud kidnap him lol.

well any ways im out Bally.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bally:</div><div class="quote_post">Yo sory mr JBB writing team,
    I was jus letin peopl kno that even if iv only bn playin ball for only a year n half i do ave knowlegde of tha game.but i stil got luv 4 u even afta my tellin off.so i guess ur not a fan of msn,lol.(means Laugh Out Loud).Na im sorry.Fanks for ur feedbak on the Lamar Odom idea jus wantin thorts abot it frm america.n i kno wat u mean but i realy do think he wud complete the team,mayb we shud kidnap him lol.

well any ways im out Bally.</div>
    I'd like to inform you that I'm not just on the writing team, I'm also the Rockets team leader/mod, which would mean that anything going on here would be my business. If you keep posting like this after warnings, action will be taken. Anyways, take this lightly and hopefully you can change your ways. And btw, I'm Canadian, not American, and I am a fan and user of MSN and AIM. That won't mean that I can't post like a well-versed intellect. [​IMG]

4. Bally

Bally JBB JustBBall Member

Ok im sorry.I will try 2 post in a more well-versed intellect way and in the extra time it takes me i'll just get fat when i could be out playing basketball.So do you have a liking for Toronto aswell then?I like Jalen Rose but i prefered him at the Bulls when he had age on his side.I think if Mcgrady and Vince where still at the Raptors, then with Rose they would have a formidable team. Who do you think would complete the Rockets then?Or do you think its perfect the way it is?I think Rashaard Lewis would also be good but it is a similar situation to Odom.

Bally

5. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bally:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok im sorry.I will try 2 post in a more well-versed intellect way and in the extra time it takes me i'll just get fat when i could be out playing basketball.So do you have a liking for Toronto aswell then?I like Jalen Rose but i prefered him at the Bulls when he had age on his side.I think if Mcgrady and Vince where still at the Raptors, then with Rose they would have a formidable team. Who do you think would complete the Rockets then?Or do you think its perfect the way it is?I think Rashaard Lewis would also be good but it is a similar situation to Odom.

Bally</div>
    I like our team the way it is, but you could try posting in other threads in the forum, as you'll most likely draw more response.

6. devin

devin JBB JustBBall Member

Hello! I'm new to the forum and i'm a rocket fanatic. I really started watching them when Mcgrady got traded into the team. I don't even live in Texas but I'm chinese so i gotta represent. [​IMG]

Btw, anyone seen this pic of Yao and Francis before? Back in 04 before the olympics, where Francis went to China for endorsement and also to meet his former team's best buddy Yao.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Trip

Student
    Welcome to the boards devin, hope you'll stay around and contribute to the surging activity in our forum. I deleted your link to the pictures as posting links to other forums can be considered to be spam and could be grounds for suspension or a ban. You don't want that to happen do you? [​IMG][​IMG]

8. devin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Welcome to the boards devin, hope you'll stay around and contribute to the surging activity in our forum. I deleted your link to the pictures as posting links to other forums can be considered to be spam and could be grounds for suspension or a ban. You don't want that to happen do you? [​IMG][​IMG]</div>

Lol np. Anyways, I sure wish Francis could somehow stay, T-mac, Franchise and Yao would own any team for sure.

9. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting devin:</div><div class="quote_post">Lol np. Anyways, I sure wish Francis could somehow stay, T-mac, Franchise and Yao would own any team for sure.</div>
    I would doubt that the three could all get shots and equal opportunities. Hell, if I had such an amazing backcourt with two twenty-point scorers and exciting slashers, I wouldn't focus on Yao. Would Yao be happy with such a role of third option on offense? We couldn't have gotten TMac without giving up Francis anyways. The Magic were looking to make sure they would have someone to build a franchise around, and Francis, as erratic as he's been recently character wise, was the right option last summer.

10. mcgrady001

mcgrady001 JBB JustBBall Member

McGrady and Yao. The best combo ever. Rockets win as usual.

11. WaterBleu

WaterBleu JBB JustBBall Member

um....I didn't really like Houston b4 because...I dont really like fransics..
    but after T-Mac joined is a whole different story
    T-Mac is my all time favourite player...there

12. devin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WaterBleu:</div><div class="quote_post">um....I didn't really like Houston b4 because...I dont really like fransics..
    but after T-Mac joined is a whole different story
    T-Mac is my all time favourite player...there</div>

It is true that Houston is a better team now with T-mac. But Yao and Francis really were good friends on and off the court. They still are, that's why Francis went to visit China last year since Yao wanted him to see his hometown, which is Shanghai. Of course, Francis is the most popular American NBA player in China (because of he is Yao's buddy) [​IMG] , and therefore, there's always endorsement opportunities for him there, thanks to Yao. lol

13. Tracie

Tracie JBB JustBBall Member

I've been a Rocket fan since 1994. After the 1997 season I completely stop watching basketball(With an exception of the Comets). I became a fan again during the 2002-2003 season. I'm an 18 year old college student. [​IMG]

14. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tracie:</div><div class="quote_post">I've been a Rocket fan since 1994. After the 1997 season I completely stop watching basketball(With an exception of the Comets). I became a fan again during the 2002-2003 season. I'm an 18 year old college student. [​IMG]</div>
    <font color="red"><font size="+3">WELCOME!!!!</font></font> Hope to see you around. [​IMG]

15. Clutch95

Clutch95 JBB JustBBall Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been a rockets fan since they drafted Hakeem. I still remember the days of Hakeem and Ralph Sampson playing the Celtics in the finals. I guess it was the mid 80's. My favorite game and series would have to be when the 6th seed Rockets beat the Suns and Barkley in the 7th game of that series after being down 0-3. That was the game where Mario Ellie took that last 3 pnt. shot and gave Danny Ainge the "kiss of death". It was well deserved. But, Olajuwon was always my favorite player and I loved it when he led the Rockets to sweep Shaq and Penny Hardaway, although I felt a little sorry for David Robinson in the series before that.

I'm still a Rockets fan, but I'm still not real big on Ming (love Mutumbo as a back-up, though). I guess Hakeem had me spoiled. [​IMG]

16. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

Welcome Clutch95! Hope you have a good time here! a few questions though, I wasn't following NBA when Mario Elie gave the kiss of death shot, I saw it on video but why did he give Ainge the Kiss of death? also why don't you like Yao? I mean he's no Hakeem but still...

17. Trip

Student
    Welcome Clutch95. Most people liked the Rockets when we had Hakeem, then dropped off after we got Francis, and perked up again when we got Yao. You're different though, I guess. [​IMG]

18. Clutch95

Clutch95 JBB JustBBall Member

I like Yao as a person, of course, but it always seems like the team plays better when he's on the bench. Granted, I don't live in the Houston area anymore so I don't get to see all the games. He seems slow to me. I don't think at all that it's a lack of effort. He just seems slow. He's good enough, though, that they could win championships with him. I just don't think he'll be the best player on a championship team. His blocked shots and rebounds seem too low for someone 7'6" tall and it's because he just can't get there fast enough. However, he is still young and we'll see if improved footwork and training will help and how much. As a side note, he doesn't jump enough. If a guy jumps high enough to get above him while he stands flat-footed, then he just lets it be that way. I think a lot of that is possibly from playing in China. I guess they're taught to try and just block the players vision to the basket instead of being aggressive and rejecting the shots. He also seems to consistently get outdown on jumpballs by noticeably shorter players. I guess jump balls are not that important, but it shows why he doesn't get a lot of blocks either, at least not for his size.

As far as before Ming was there, I loved watching Mobley and Francise. If you missed out on that, you missed a lot of exciting basketball, even though they weren't as competetive in the win column.

19. ORANGEJUICE

ORANGEJUICE JBB JustBBall Member

Been a rockets fan as long as i can remeber. my all time favorite player would have to be Clyde Drexler. My favorite player now is T-mac. Hope that they can become the champs this year.

20. RoXoR

RoXoR JBB JustBBall Member

krazy mang, I never knew this place even existed besides clutchfans.com (thank God for google [​IMG] )...for me, I been a Rox fan since the back to back championships days (sweet memories..). hopefully the fresh, hot Rockets can make some noise in this years playoffs. Rockets to the ship [​IMG]