**Houston Rockets' Fans Roll Call**

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by bbwAce, Jan 25, 2004.

1. 13in35

13in35 JBB JustBBall Member

ive been a rockets fan ever since i could remeber.but whenn i really started gettin into them more seriously was like in 92. i was just a kid at da time and i use to cry my ass off when we lost a game. i remember seattle alway beatin us, i use to hate shawn kemp and sam perkins. then i remeber da first championship season, feels like it was only yesterday.after da back 2 back titles ive been a houston rockets die hard fan.

2. 13in35

13in35 JBB JustBBall Member

howcome my sig doesnt come out? do i have to havea certain amount of post my sig to come out?

3. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

welcome to all the new people here on the Rockets board! never hesitate to post or state your opinions...the Rockets forum has a lot of activity and I believe, aside from the Lakers, we have the biggest forum here at JBB...we want that to continue...I hope to be hearing from all of yall!

4. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

I have been a Rockets fan since 1998, that was the time I stepped my first foot in the United States, I fell in love with basketball every since my dad started watching it on tv. Im a big T-mac Fan, and Yao Fan and I live in Houston and im never becoming a fan of a diffrent team, other than the team Chris Paul goes with. I can't beileve I havent posted here before.

5. Iguodala

Iguodala JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? 1998

Who is your current favorite player? T-Mac

Who is your All Time favorite player? Hakeem O

What was your favorite moment? when t-mac had 12 points in 35 seconds

6. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iguodala:</div><div class="quote_post">How long have you been a fan? 1998

Who is your current favorite player? T-Mac

Who is your All Time favorite player? Hakeem O

What was your favorite moment? when t-mac had 12 points in 35 seconds</div>
    You've posted in every roll call there is. I hope that you aren't post padding? [​IMG]

7. king2440

king2440 JBB JustBBall Member

Hey guys, been a HUGE Rockets fan since around 93, around when I was 7. I really admired Hakeem during those years. So pretty much been watching the Rockets since 1993. Been through it all...the first championship, sweeping shaq, aquiring drex, eddie johnson's 3 pointer at the buzzer, passing up rashard lewis in the draft and all of that crap. Well right now, my favorite rockets player has to be TMac. Anyways, I live in Houston here and going to college atm. I usually post/read fanhome boards about 5x a day or so..but gonna start checking these boards more often.

8. viertelasiat

viertelasiat JBB JustBBall Member

Cant say Ive been a Rockets fan for long... I didnt really even watch too much basketball until last season... But for now they are my favorite team, I dunno why I cant explain it. They had a good offseason I think and just the way their organization runs is good. I just love the way the team plays. Tmac is prollie my favorite player he can dominate a game and 13 in 35 is nuts. I like sura. Yao in my mind is the best center in the league skill wise. He has a beautiful shot and he can actually shoot free throws even tho hes a big man unlike other centers in the league. Mutombo is also one of my favorites, although he logs low minutes he still gets rebounds and is definitely worth having. I'm from the Los Angeles area and I am not in any way a lakers fan nor have I ever been actually I hate them, but that another story. Anyways best of luck to those houston fans in houston for the hurricane.

9. Hillqiuxin

Hillqiuxin JBB JustBBall Member

Hi guys, I have been a Rockets fan since Yao's coming,biz I am from China.
    Before Yao's coming, I was a big fan for Bulls,for Jordan.
    Now I only watch the Rockets games, their game is becoming a important part of my life.
    What is your favorite moment? I think it will be in the future, when Yao and T-mac got into west finales, then it will be carzy in China, Hongkong, Taiwan and Asia.

10. dingking

dingking JBB JustBBall Member

Hi, everyone. I would say I am a die-hard fan for houston rockets ever since Yao's appearance. I am always a yao fan since he played for Shanghai shark. My favorite game was Rocket vs Lakers in 2002-2003 when Yao got 20 pts and Bakerly kissed the donkey's ass. My all time favorite player in rocket is definitely Hakeem. I am fond of watching his moves and schooling David Robinsson in the game. I hope Rocket wont be so impoverished this season even though with a 4-12 horrible start.

11. dingking

dingking JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Hillqiuxin:</div><div class="quote_post">Hi guys, I have been a Rockets fan since Yao's coming,biz I am from China.
    Before Yao's coming, I was a big fan for Bulls,for Jordan.
    Now I only watch the Rockets games, their game is becoming a important part of my life.
    What is your favorite moment? I think it will be in the future, when Yao and T-mac got into west finales, then it will be carzy in China, Hongkong, Taiwan and Asia.</div>

i wonder why you mentioned China and HongKong seperately as if Hongkong is another country in asia.

12. Hillqiuxin

Hillqiuxin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dingking:</div><div class="quote_post">i wonder why you mentioned China and HongKong seperately as if Hongkong is another country in asia.</div>
    I also mentioned Taiwan. Just different culture in the three areas.
    But I am sure all the young guys will love Rockets for Yao.

13. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

I heard about the Rockets when I was 7 during the 94-95 season when we were playing Orlando in the championship game. Man I was at down and girls were going CRAZY. Everyone was going nuts before the game. I asked my parents what was going on, and they told me Houston Rockets are at the championship right now. I didn't understand a damn word they said. Then I finally saw a basketball game that week and cheered for Kenny Thomas because he could shoot so many 3s, and Hardaway because I had his NIKE AIR shoes.

I became a real Rockets fan when we got Francis.

Fav player now: T-Mac
    All time: Hakeem, Clyde, and Smith.

14. Rotdohy

Rotdohy JBB JustBBall Member

Hey everybody. I've been a diehard for 4 years now. Definitely my favorite player is Yao. All time favorite-- I don't have any because I haven't been following the Rockets for long.

15. Trip

Student
    Welcome! I'll see you around the forums, please don't be afraid to speak up and give some valid input.

16. Deuce

Deuce JBB JustBBall Member

I've been a fan for 11 years...I've been following them closely ever since and have always been a Rockets diehard...I watch every game...the Rockets and Celtics are my two favorite NBA teams...

17. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Deuce:</div><div class="quote_post">I've been a fan for 11 years...I've been following them closely ever since and have always been a Rockets diehard...I watch every game...the Rockets and Celtics are my two favorite NBA teams...</div>
    Welcome to JBB! I'm sure you've found the right place to talk about your two teams as the Rockets and Celtics boards offer some of the best activity and discussion around the site. I'll be sure to see you around.

18. kramer_k

kramer_k JBB JustBBall Member

hey everybody

I can't really remember when i started liking the rockets...i was like 4 or 5 (10 years ago)? and even though i'm in socal where everybody likes the lakers i've always seemed to hate them [​IMG]

19. d d g

d d g JBB JustBBall Member

i've been a diehard rockets fan since yao got drafted.... i'll kill for yao........ go Yao......

20. stack_bundles

stack_bundles JBB JustBBall Member

I have been a rockets fan since T-Mac step on the court in that houston red. I have been a fan of the nba since the days of MJ, Magic, Kemp, Barkley and KJ.