Houston Rockets: Star Free Agent Possibilities for Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by bronbron23, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rockfan06:</div><div class="quote_post">I know I constantly nag on Van Gundy for getting X-Knicks, but Tim Thomas wouldn't be a bad catch. He isn't Kobe, but he's athletic and long, in other words a match up problem for most SF's in the Western Conference. He could be a vidal role player on the right team (like Nazi Mohammed). The main thing for the Rockets should be Athletism and Quickness. Tim Thomas would GREAT addition for the Rockets, playin along side Mcgrady.</div>
    Go to the Knicks forum and ask about Tim Thomas. Actually, to save you time, just look at Knicks Analyst's sig. I'm not too much of a hater of Thomas but those guys there will do anything possible to change your opinion.

2. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Go to the Knicks forum and ask about Tim Thomas. Actually, to save you time, just look at Knicks Analyst's sig. I'm not too much of a hater of Thomas but those guys there will do anything possible to change your opinion.</div>
    No, they would agree with him just to try and believe Tim Thomas would be traded from the Knicks.

3. Trip

Student
    I don't think so. Those guys are very stubborn and strong believers of whatever they believe in. No way that they'd lie about something.

Anyways, it's not like we are the ones doing the trade. Almost none of the trade ideas on the Internet ever materialized. Don't be scared; we're not getting Thomas.

4. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think so. Those guys are very stubborn and strong believers of whatever they believe in. No way that they'd lie about something.

Anyways, it's not like we are the ones doing the trade. Almost none of the trade ideas on the Internet ever materialized. Don't be scared; we're not getting Thomas.</div>
    LOL. Ya'll act like Tim Thomas is a scrub. He might be garbage on the Knicks, but look at Nazi Mohammed. This guy is a very important part on a WINNING Team. I think Tim Thomas would be a guy worth checking out, especially knowing that Van Gundy gets the best out of his players. He can shoot, he's athletic, and a match up problem for his size. I would DEFINITLEY take him over Chris "Fake Birdman" Anderson.

5. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL. Ya'll act like Tim Thomas is a scrub. He might be garbage on the Knicks, but look at Nazi Mohammed. This guy is a very important part on a WINNING Team. I think Tim Thomas would be a guy worth checking out, especially knowing that Van Gundy gets the best out of his players. He can shoot, he's athletic, and a match up problem for his size. I would DEFINITLEY take him over Chris "Fake Birdman" Anderson.</div>
    Nazr Mohammed wasn't really garbage on the Knicks. If you look at his stats, he's generally the same player that he is on the Spurs except on the Knicks, he was given more minutes. In fact, his field goal percentage has dropped tremendously from just over .500 to just under .400. So you can't really make that assumption about him being a better player on a winning team. Tim Thomas on the court just doesn't seem like he tries. To me it looks like he's going through the motions. For a 6-10 forward, his rebounding numbers are astoundingly low and his field goal percentage isn't all that great either. I'm just afraid he might be an overpaid team cancer to this team.

6. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rockfan06:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL. Ya'll act like Tim Thomas is a scrub. He might be garbage on the Knicks, but look at Nazi Mohammed. This guy is a very important part on a WINNING Team. I think Tim Thomas would be a guy worth checking out, especially knowing that Van Gundy gets the best out of his players. He can shoot, he's athletic, and a match up problem for his size. I would DEFINITLEY take him over Chris "Fake Birdman" Anderson.</div>
    Did you know that Mohammed was a legit All-Star candidate over the first half of the season? Did you know that he was one of the Knicks' best players over his half season there? Did you know that his stats actually went down with San Antonio?

Don't think so.

Tim Thomas is not a scrub, but he won't be the answer you claim he is at the power forward. He can't rebound worth a lick, has no post game and is a bad defender. Add it to his max contract, I don't see any team picking him up.