Houston Trades Boki and Jim Jackson for David Wesley of the Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 27, 2004.

1. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

Today Jim Jackson and Boki Nachbar got traded to Hornets for PG David Wesley today and also tell me what yall think about the trade. Hopefully this helps cuz we took way to many 3 pointers and wesley shots some and makes most of them so this would help a lot and he can shoot free throws nicely

2. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

Could be good...could be bad. Wesley may take shots away from McGrady...hopefully he can throw some assists and penetrate well enough to put the Rockets back into the playoff race. Losing Jim Jackson seems a little risky...I figured he was just in a slump this season, but he wasn't doing that bad IMO. However, the Rockets got their PG...

3. YugoRocketsFan

im thinking he will assist mcgrady a lot

4. KleinBaller08

KleinBaller08 JBB JustBBall Member

At first I was thinking this was going to be extremely stupid but now that I think about it, it could be good, because it would allow McGrady to move to the 3. Not too add we get someone who can shoot the ball well, look at this lineup.

PG Bob Sura
    SG David Wesley
    SF Tracy McGrady
    PF Juwan Howard
    C Yao Ming

The only downfall is maybe matchup problems at the two, but Sura and Wesley can always switch defensively.

5. YugoRocketsFan

yea and it will allow howard to start scoring more

6. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

Nachbar got enough chances as a rocket and he rarely impressed; so he's not a big loss. But Jim Jackson had a shooting slump and all of a sudden we trade hiM ? I agree with Real Deal..he didn't play that bad for us and David Wesley isn't a great shooter either. He takes so many shots as a hornet and makes very few so this is bad if Wesley gets out of control with his shooting. But we have less scoring options so this sux ..wesley might b a better defender but what the heck...we lost to players in the SF position..who the heck will we play there? Mo taylor? I hope Padge or spoon gets the minutes but I doubt it. I hope wesley does well

7. YugoRocketsFan

we will see tommorow at the bucks game

8. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

no... not jj...

9. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting drm2dnk:</div><div class="quote_post">David Wesley isn't a great shooter either. He takes so many shots as a hornet and makes very few </div>

wesley is a great shooter...hes not suited as a first scoring option however, and thats what he's been doing lately in NO. with everyone out and injured, they needed someone to step up and be their offense

wesley is better suited as a role player/shooter. run the odd screen play for him...give him about 10-12 shots a game and you'll be happy with his performance

he's not a bad defender too...deceptively strong for his size

10. KleinBaller08

KleinBaller08 JBB JustBBall Member

One he averages 13 shots a game. Two he shots the three very well. Three he plays defense. Now im not justifying trading Jim Jackson, but im not saying its that bad either.

11. SupermanRT

SupermanRT JBB JustBBall Member

Why did we make this trade? Seriously, giving up JJ and Boki(I understand Boki being traded because he never met expectations) for an aging shooting guard? Is this possibly part of a bigger trade? Because I'm not happy with this trade at all.

12. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

<a href="http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Acquire_David_Wesley_f-12687
    8-34.html" target="_blank">http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Ac...7
    8-34.html</a>

Theres the Link.. I don't know what to say, atleast go younger, and JVG loves JJ, sure he missed some shots, but he just came off of a 21 point game. We don't even get a pick or a PF. McGrady is gonna play SF now, some what intrigued, we atleast got a legit PG now. And atleast CD is working somethings out, maybe another trade in the next few days.. [​IMG]

13. sneballa7

sneballa7 JBB JustBBall Member

Im not a fan of any of these 2 teams but that trade should not have happened IMO. Jackson is a solid player for the Rockets. He would have eventually got out of his shooting slump. Couldnt they have traded someone else. Like Real Deal said this could be good or it could be bad depending on how Wesley plays

14. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Horrible trade...this makes no sense, no one in their right mind would even make this deal on NBA Live or something...

JJ AND Boki...for an aging shooting guard...

we lose our lone source of leadership and one of our most reliable 3-point shooters...as well as a young player with mass potential...for a streaky, undersized shooting guard...

our roster is starting to look like the Knicks' of the past years...a huge mess...we have no small forwards (bowen i guess???)...our PG position is lethargic (ward is out atleast 3-4 months with injury, which leaves only Barrett as our other true point)...we have a logjam at the 2 spot (TMac, Sura, Wesley, Barry)...and our lack of rebounding has yet to be solved, we still need a power 4 and get rid of of either Taylor or Howard...

I'm really not understanding this whatsoever and am greatly frustrated...if anyone can provide any legit reasoning behind this nonsense, I'm more than willing to listen...

15. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Apparantley, JJ is EXTREMELY MAD -- thinking of Retirement and is contemplating not reporting, Ward is out for the REST OF THE SEASON, Sura's back is acting up again -- and EVERY Rocket is bummed out about this, no word of JVG's reaction, but rest assured that Andre Barrett will be off the injured list ASAP. Sources are various, JJ's reaction was from 610 Sports Radio, and one of CF.net's moderators (who btw, reported the Barry Trade..) The Rocket's reaction was 610, Andre Barrett coming off the injured list was also 610, as was the Ward and Sura injury woes. [​IMG]

16. SupermanRT

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magnomonkey:</div><div class="quote_post"><a href="http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Acquire_David_Wesley_f-12687
    8-34.html" target="_blank">http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Ac...7
    8-34.html</a>

Theres the Link.. I don't know what to say, atleast go younger, and JVG loves JJ, sure he missed some shots, but he just came off of a 21 point game. We don't even get a pick or a PF. McGrady is gonna play SF now, some what intrigued, we atleast got a legit PG now. And atleast CD is working somethings out, maybe another trade in the next few days.. [​IMG]</div>

Dawson just said to the guys on 610 sports radio AM here in Houston that T-Mac will NOT be our SF. So basically we're stuck with about 4 SGs, 4 PFs, 2 PGs(Ward is on injured list) and 2 Centers. Like Shooter said, this team is slowly beginning to look like Knicks teams of the past and we're going no where with these trades. If only I could voice my direct opinion to management [​IMG]

17. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Little update here, JJ's Agents said that the problems that could've happened might not, "JJ (paraphrasing) has always been a professional, there shouldn't be problems.. Make up your minds 610!! Boki is guarenteed playing time there, T-mac clip said that the "guys upstairs" wanted to start winning, didn't seem to disappointed, also said nothing of JJ, full conference should follow. If you haven't already, put up 610 or 790, 610 is talking about football and highschool Bball, but 790 is all over this. Updates to follow..

18. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I'm not a Rockets fan, but I don't see how this makes a lot of sense. Jackson was the MVP last season, and he's still a better option than Wesley.

I feel sorry for Jim Jackson more than anyone..

19. SupermanRT

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magnomonkey:</div><div class="quote_post">Little update here, JJ's Agents said that the problems that could've happened might not, "JJ (paraphrasing) has always been a professional, there shouldn't be problems.. Make up your minds 610!! Boki is guarenteed playing time there, T-mac clip said that the "guys upstairs" wanted to start winning, didn't seem to disappointed, also said nothing of JJ, full conference should follow. If you haven't already, put up 610 or 790, 610 is talking about football and highschool Bball, but 790 is all over this. Updates to follow..</div>
    Thanks for the other station to tune into magno.

*EDIT* Does anyone have a way of contacting either AM station in Houston, via phone or email? I'm ready to get on and tell them how I feel. [​IMG]

20. SupermanRT

Here is what the Rocket's depth chart looks like after the recent trades and information gained from 610 AM and 790 AM Houston Radio.
    [​IMG]
    Someone please prove me wrong, but this team looks worse than before the JJ and Boki for Wesley trade. What in the hell was Dawson seriously thinking? Oh, and for him to compare our back-court now to the Drexler/Elie days of championships, that alone earns him the right the be fired. For him to even think for a second that this team is anywhere close to those teams, that proves he isn't thinking correct these days.