Houston Trades Boki and Jim Jackson for David Wesley of the Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 27, 2004.

1. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

Oh, I forgot to bring this up...but I guess nobody else did either. You guys just lost your best perimeter defender...so I'm going to have to say that the Rockets may have to rely on the double team again, and that seriously killed you guys at the beginning of the season.

I've made up my mind...I'm not sure if this was a good idea. David Wesley better bring his "A" game, or I'm afraid there are going to be alot of season tickets being sold and turned in. [​IMG]

2. SupermanRT

SupermanRT JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh, I forgot to bring this up...but I guess nobody else did either. You guys just lost your best perimeter defender...so I'm going to have to say that the Rockets may have to rely on the double team again, and that seriously killed you guys at the beginning of the season.

I've made up my mind...I'm not sure if this was a good idea. David Wesley better bring his "A" game, or I'm afraid there are going to be alot of season tickets being sold and turned in. [​IMG]</div>

Yeah this trade is possibly one of the worst in the Dawson-era of management. Even if Wesley brings his "A" game, this trade did absolutely nothing to improve our team. We just took about 30 steps backwards. Good job management, way to ruin the hopes for all your fans these next few seasons.

3. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

well the rockets look like a totally diffrent team now. i think all of theses moves have been to try and render a three to four headed point gaurd to solidfiy there point gaurd woes for this year.

in barry, wesely the rooks.

Also i think these guys can help tracy, Yao, and howard out plenty.

4. KleinBaller08

KleinBaller08 JBB JustBBall Member

Whoever posted that depth chart is dumb, because it will look nothing like that. If the rockets are smart it should go:

PG- Sura,Barrett
    SG- Wesley,Barry
    SF- McGrady,Padgett
    PF- Howard,Taylor
    C- Yao,Mutombo

That bench is totally improved from how it was before. But the thing is is will the team run it that way, it has to done with how JVG can deal with the players he has.

5. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

klein actually that really looks good and i dont see what the rockets are doing ? gathering veterans here let me show u all the veterans we have
    Jon Barry
    Juwan Howard
    David Wesley
    Dikembe Mutombo
    Charlie Ward
    Clarence Weatherspoon
    all these players have been in the nba for at least 10+ years

6. SupermanRT

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KleinBaller08:</div><div class="quote_post">Whoever posted that depth chart is dumb, because it will look nothing like that. If the rockets are smart it should go:

PG- Sura,Barrett
    SG- Wesley,Barry
    SF- McGrady,Padgett
    PF- Howard,Taylor
    C- Yao,Mutombo

That bench is totally improved from how it was before. But the thing is is will the team run it that way, it has to done with how JVG can deal with the players he has.</div>
    Hey man, I didn't re-arrange anything, all I did was add/subtract players. That's off of espn.com, I didn't try to re-arrange for the new starters etc. so lay off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">klein actually that really looks good </div>
    Thanks Yugo.

7. ZhuangCorp

ZhuangCorp JBB JustBBall Member

I feel bad for Jim Jackson, he was the captain of a potentially great team, and now is on the worst team in the league. I feel bad for nachbar, so much athletic and shooting talent, but he'll shine in NO.

Rockets now have the most undersized starting lineup excluding yao. Before...Sura was tall at pg, TMAC was tall at SG, but now...

Wesley at 6'1 is short for pg, Sura who is 6'5 is small for shooting guard. Mcgrady 6'8 is only average at small forward.

I want a comment immediately by CD, what was he thinking? what are his plans, why did he do this?

8. YugoRocketsFan

maybe he sees something that would make the team better i mean cmon, t-mac deal every1 thought it would make the rockets better, the lue trade people thought the team would suck but the team is way better with him , jus give Wesley a chance to shine in houston what if he scores 20 points on his first game with the rockets. and im also kinda mad cuz our only eastern european player left houston

9. SupermanRT

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ZhuangCorp:</div><div class="quote_post">I feel bad for Jim Jackson, he was the captain of a potentially great team, and now is on the worst team in the league. I feel bad for nachbar, so much athletic and shooting talent, but he'll shine in NO.

Rockets now have the most undersized starting lineup excluding yao. Before...Sura was tall at pg, TMAC was tall at SG, but now...

Wesley at 6'1 is short for pg, Sura who is 6'5 is small for shooting guard. Mcgrady 6'8 is only average at small forward.

I want a comment immediately by CD, what was he thinking? what are his plans, why did he do this?</div>

CD told the guys on 610 AM that T-Mac will stay at SG and won't be moved to SF. CD needs to re-evaluate his position and decide if he's really doing what's best for this team any more. This trade drastically hurts us. We had enough veterans on our team, and JJ was a main source of leadership. So why would we trade him away for an undersized, aging PG?

*EDIT*
    And Yugo, we don't need another SG/PG. The Rockets badly need help at the PG and PF positions. I agree we need shooters but trade for a upgrade at SF or PG, don't obliterate the SF position and over-load the SG position with aging vets.

10. YugoRocketsFan

Well Maybe wouldn't they switch positions for some players

11. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

wow... i am so pissed/confused as to why this trade was made... JJ was the most consitent player last season and this season - which is why JVG plays him 40 minutes a night. He's also the very durable - he's missed something like 5 games in 2 seasons? Why trade him and Boki for DAVID WESLEY? When I first read the news report I thought it was a joke, seriously.. Why would anyone in their right mind trade JJ for David Wesley straight-up? Let alone throw in Nachbar?? Makes Bristow look like a genius.

I'm not sure how many of you remember, but David Wesley was a PG before Baron Davis came to town. He'll play PG for the Rockets and I'm guessing Sura will play SG, which would leave the SF spot for T-Mac.

Now lets look at the financial aspect of the trade...

Jackson - 2 years $5 million left
    Nachbar - 1 year $1.5 million left

Wesley - 2 years $9.5 million left

Jackson = a steal at $2.5m per
    Wesley = overpriced at $4-5m per

12. Johnny33

a thought just popped into my head..

maybe CD made this trade without consulting JVG.. trade JVG's favourite player to make him quit the team?? maybe they want a new coach in there?

i dunno BUT THIS TRADE MAKES NO SENSE!!!

13. YugoRocketsFan

johnny33 delete your 2nd post and edit your first post

14. Johnny33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">johnny33 delete your 2nd post and edit your first post</div>

why, are you a moderator?

15. YugoRocketsFan

No, but you're breaking a rule?

16. Johnny33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">No, but you're breaking a rule?</div>

how does YOUR adding another post to tell me I made an unnecessary post help stop unnecessary posts? Aren't you just making it worse? You just doubled, and now tripled the number of unnecessary posts.

So why don't YOU delete your two posts and I'll go edit my previous post?

17. YugoRocketsFan

No how about you stop and just talk about The Trade?

18. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Guys, break it up. This is a discussion about the trade, so don't go and get Trip to shut this down. I'm definitely puzzled about this trade. Jim Jackson was our best role player, has great shooting abilities, was a team leader, and great veteran. Then Dawson just goes out and trades him. However, it definitely solves our problem at the guard position, but adds a huge problem at the small forward position. We really have no small forward. Oh yeah that's right, Ryan Bowen and Scott Padgett. This really changes our team's outlook. We don't look like a posting up team anymore, but rather a more runnem and gunnem style. Totally not Van Gundy's type of play, so this just befuddles me. Like someone brought up earlier, maybe their changing coaches? In one train of thought, changing coaches might help. However, it most definitely will not. There aren't really any good coaches out there, so who can we get? As for Nachbar, he showed tons of potential at the beginning of the season, so I wish the best for him. However, as for Jackson, I feel really sorry for him. After signing to one of the most promising organizations, he gets traded to one of the worst teams in the league. In short, he got screwed over. I dunno, I was really liked Jim Jackson. So, I wish the best for him on his new team.

19. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

God...Not Jim Jackson, how is this trade going to help us!? where is wesley going to start? and Jim Jackson was almost retiring, god I feel sorry for him....

20. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Wow I can't help but feel bad for Jimmy Jackson. He took a smaller contract than he probably could have gotten elsewhere so he could stay with one team long term, for the first time in his career. Even after that he still is dealt after who great years with Houston. I really don't how this will help Houston either, Wesley is a SG trapped in a PG's body. He isn't an answer to their need of a PG, so what do they get out of this? Wesley is a liability on the defensive side, while Jackson was arguably the best defender on the team... What the? [​IMG]