Houston Trades Boki and Jim Jackson for David Wesley of the Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 27, 2004.

1. hdchy

hdchy JBB JustBBall Member

Another trade rumor:
    Rockets send Maurice Taylor & Clarence Weatherspoon to Sixers for Glenn Robinson & Samuel Dalembert
    Anyone heard about this?

2. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

No way dont trade Maurice Taylor he is a good bench player

3. hdchy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">No way dont trade Maurice Taylor he is a good bench player</div>
    Do not underestimate CD, JJ is a the MVP of the team last year, he still trade him out!

4. YugoRocketsFan

who would he trade maurice taylor for?

5. insanitarium

insanitarium JBB JustBBall Member

Wesley hasn't actually been playing the point much this season. He's played twice as much 2 guard, and has been playing almost all 2 guard in recent years, with Baron Davis as the starting PG. This IS a mess.

PG - Sura/Wesley/Barrett/Gaines (better)
    SG - Tmac/Wesley/Barry (better)
    SF - Padgett,Barry,Bowen (OH MY GOD IT HURTS JUST TO LOOK AT THIS MESS!)
    PF - Juwan/Motay/Spoon (Bad as ever.)
    C - Yao/Deke (good)

6. hdchy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">who would he trade maurice taylor for?</div>
    Maurice Taylor & Clarence Weatherspoon for Glenn Robinson & Samuel Dalembert

7. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

We dont need dalembert, we have two great centers, glenn robinson is aging and he hasnt played a game all season. the only thing i can think of is acquiring wesley to use as a package for another team. or maybe this idiot is determined into making the rockets a lottery team. this trade is way over my head. i dont understand it at all, all i know is that jj was the hands down leader of the team, something that tmac will not be. hes too outspoken and quiet to be. we need jim jackson, not david wesley. if wesley fails you better believe that rockets fans will be calling for the GM's head.

8. YugoRocketsFan

If CD trades 1 more person im not going to be a rockets fan anymore

9. hdchy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting chineseafro:</div><div class="quote_post">We dont need dalembert, we have two great centers, glenn robinson is aging and he hasnt played a game all season. the only thing i can think of is acquiring wesley to use as a package for another team. or maybe this idiot is determined into making the rockets a lottery team. this trade is way over my head. i dont understand it at all, all i know is that jj was the hands down leader of the team, something that tmac will not be. hes too outspoken and quiet to be. we need jim jackson, not david wesley. if wesley fails you better believe that rockets fans will be calling for the GM's head.</div>
    CD said in the press conference that T-Mac will still play SG, then who can play SF? Bowen? He is on the IL now!

10. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

That would be very dumb for the 76ers because they are going to be giving away they're best upcoming player (besides Korver) in Dalembert.

Do you have a link?

11. YugoRocketsFan

If the Wesley trade isnt good or if CD makes another stupid trade my new name is going to be YugoSonicsFan

12. hdchy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sonics1:</div><div class="quote_post">That would be very dumb for the 76ers because they are going to be giving away they're best upcoming player (besides Korver) in Dalembert.

Do you have a link?</div>
    I just found it on the espn forum but cannot find any evidence, so I said it is a rumor!
    http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?foru...tPostID=4882299

13. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

^^^ Yeah I heard about that one, I can't say I hate that one though...

14. YugoRocketsFan

I say i hate it why do we need samuel dalembert we got dikembe and yao

15. hdchy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">I say i hate it why do we need samuel dalembert we got dikembe and yao</div>
    The only reason I can think of is that maybe he can play PF, like Cato.............

16. YugoRocketsFan

Nahh i dont think so the team is already becoming worse

17. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

Because he looks like he can be a great player, we get rid of Howard and IMO you might as well go be a sonics fan, if you don't want to stick by your team and just jump on the bandwagon of the top team then go ahead.

18. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

dalembart sucks..he's undersized and skinny for that position

19. YugoRocketsFan

Lol. The only good trade woudve been JJ for Vladimir Radmanovic

20. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Dalembert!! As a Sixers fan, I would hate that trade. Dalembert is the next up and coming star. Who ever said that Dalembert is a horrible player really needs to look at Dalembert's stats at the end of last season. The only reason why he's not doing great on the team is because Jim O'brien isn't playing him that much and he's not doing that good under their new system. Glenn Robinson isn't that great of a player. From what I've heard, he's very injury prone and has a bad work ethic. So if I take it from my Sixers fans viewpoint, Glenn is expendable, but not Sammy. For the Rockets, it would be a great trade. Cash in a underachieving powerforward for an up and coming center and small forward. Glenn Robinson can fill our small forward spot in perfectly, while Sammy can play backup center or even powerforward. He's probably the second fastest player on the Sixers, and considering his size, thats a huge achievement. For Sixers, it would be a really iffy trade, but for the Rockets, its a nice trade. I'm really conflicted as a fan of both teams after hearing this rumor...