Houston Trades Boki and Jim Jackson for David Wesley of the Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

Man...this really hurt us. Maybe they really are trying to get rid of JVG. I'm very sorry to see Jim Jackson leave, after having a SEASON BEST last night. I'm speechless and dissapointed. So we now offically have, lets see.., 1,2,3,4,5,6...6 Point Guards...

2. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

As a Sixers Hater I say the trade would be stupider than trading t-mac for iverson

3. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah I agree with AznxBaller, the trade won't happen (unless the Carroll Dawson find a brain and the Sixers manager loses his). Imagine if it did though we'd have a pretty deep team...

C-Yao Ming/Dikembe/Dalembert
    PF-Dalembert/Mo-Taylor
    SF-Glenn Robinson/Scott Padgett
    SG-T-Mac/Wesley/Barry
    PG-Wesley/Sura/arrett

4. YugoRocketsFan

That would be the stupidest trade in the world

5. Dan Le

^^^ Goddamnit, YugoRocketsFan! you already said that! and some fo us don't agree, don't say it 10x in 10 different posts! jesus christ!

6. YugoRocketsFan

What I'm Just commenting , i dont want anymore trades

7. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

OK so after some researching I've come to a few answers: the Rockets intend to use Sura and Wesley as their primary ballhandlers...From what I understand, Wesley will be coming off the bench...meaning Bowen is likely our starting 3...yay...Barry, from what I've read and/or gathered, will see time at the 2 AND 3...I'm still not understanding how or why they gave up Boki...

Also, rumor has it Washington offered Juan Dixon, Jarred Jeffries and cash for JJ...now this is just a rumor, but if true, the Rockets were just on crack for taking NO's offer and not Washington's...

Also, from my personal analysis, why wouldnt u start Wesley and have Sura come off the bench? JVG has not been consistent with uptempo playing so I assume we'll only see more halfcourt settings, which means it only makes sense that Wesley (being the better shooter) will thrive and benefit more off TMac and Yao then Sura would...Also, a Sura/Taylor/Barry bench would provide a lot of energy and hustle, giving u players who run the floor and can thrive in the transition game...

As far as future trades go, I only ask for the Rockets to make sense...or, atleast more sense than this trade makes...

8. YugoRocketsFan

Funny thing is you cant include Money in Trades

9. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">What I'm Just commenting , i dont want anymore trades</div>

If I was a Rockets fan I would LIKE a trade because their current roster looks pretty horrible. HAHA the Hornets got a GREAT deal on this trade. I like this trade because it makes the worst team a little better.

I like hwn a trade in the NBA happens. IT makes the game entertaining. I just don't like to see my team make bad trades.

10. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Guys, really, stop the 1 line posts, youre clogging the thread.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Whoever posted that depth chart is dumb, because it will look nothing like that. If the rockets are smart it should go:

PG- Sura,Barrett
    SG- Wesley,Barry
    SF- McGrady,Padgett
    PF- Howard,Taylor
    C- Yao,Mutombo

That bench is totally improved from how it was before. But the thing is is will the team run it that way, it has to done with how JVG can deal with the players he has. </div>

With youre logic, we'd have an injured, 6'5" point guard, and a 6'1" Shooting Guard. Sure he played SG before, but that was with a superstar point guard. He should be playing Point Guard, and that moves Sura to the IR, along with Ward, and Gaines. That means Barrett (after 4 games) will be back-up for the duration of Sura's injury, and they'll probably swap places around for a while. McGrady will stay at SG according to CD (I don't get that -- but I'm not the GM, am I?) I'm guessing that Barry will move to the SF unless we pull a trade (but he is old, slow, and somewhat undersized.), though I think we should've gone for House or Courtney Alexander, they would help a lot right now.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">No way dont trade Maurice Taylor he is a good bench player</div>

Here's Mo's contract:

04/05: $8,450,000

05/06: $9,100,000

06/07: $9,750,000

That's $27,000,000 over 3 years. You would wanna keep that? That could be the deciding factor when we've got the chance to sign someone that could turn the team around. I'd take an old guy over Mo for one reason, it can hit the cap now, but we have so much more freedom next year when that guy becomes a FA or retires. Juwan Howard, already in his 30s, is locked up for 4 more years after this year. His contract runs into the $30,000,000 (estimating of course.) If we go younger, we can sign them later, and be wise about it. Yugo, you can add money into trades, if it covers the contracts. Just my 2 cents.

11. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">Funny thing is you cant include Money in Trades</div>
    actually I'm pretty sure u can...I've heard it before and its happened many times before...I could be wrong...but I doubt it...

As far as that Phily-Houston "trade", if I was Houston, I dont think twice...I pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat, but I figure that Philly's not that dumb...

but then again, we did just trade our 3rd best player for a washed-up guard so who knows...

12. YugoRocketsFan

does money affect game play?

13. Adrenaline

Yes money effects the game. Money is everything man.

About that trade to philla, I'd so accept it if I was philly [​IMG]!

14. SupermanRT

SupermanRT JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">does money affect game play?</div>
    Get some knowledge of how the league works before posting ignorant posts. Also quit with your ignorant one-liners as well.

On the sixers trade, I highly doubt the Sixers front office is as incompetent as ours at this point so I don't think we'd see that trade go through. But if we declined the trade with Washington for this...wow, CD needs to leave Houston before he's pushed out. And YES yugo, money can be in trades, like I said, get a little knowledge of the game before trying to make ignorant ass remarks like you have this entire thread.

15. Dan Le

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">What I'm Just commenting , i dont want anymore trades</div>

Ok, fine theres nothing wrong with your opinion, but can't you just do it in one post? and in that one post you can explain why or why not you like the trade, this isn't a chat room. When you make a post make it one lengthy one that explains all your thoughts on the topic, not 1 post after another. Just make it ONE post just ONE post, and then one someone says something else that you want to comment on, you can make another post, because right now, all i'm seeing from your posts are 1 lined sentences that don't look like you have had anu thought put into them. Ah my rant over, it was good to get that out...

16. YugoRocketsFan

Here is the Reason CD Traded JJ <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">?The addition of David solidifies our backcourt,? said Dawson. ?David can play both guard positions and has proven himself as a consistent and effective scorer with very good ball-handling skills. It is never easy parting with players such as Bostjan and Jimmy but in this league you have to give up quality players in order to get quality players.?</div>

17. Adrenaline

I think this is the real reason bro,

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">On nights like Sunday when Jim Jackson is throwing in 3-pointers and Maurice Taylor and Juwan Howard are combining for 23 points and 10 boards, the Rockets defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 96-79 and did a pretty good imitation of a playoff contender.

If only they hadn't lost to Charlotte four days earlier. If only they hadn't entered the game with the Western Conference's 11th-best record. If only they hadn't sleepwalked through so many games.

Jackson might be the key to this season</div>

Source: Houston Chron

18. YugoRocketsFan

Well the 3 pointers are a reason too

19. ZhuangCorp

ZhuangCorp JBB JustBBall Member

When i first heard this trade, i was pretty mad.

But i noticed 1 thing, Maybe CD feels he is close on the rumored Philly trade, and tha'ts why he traded away Jackson cause he felt he could get Glenn Robinson.

If that trade goes down, the rockets would effectively replace PG with a hi IQ pg, and replace Jackson with Robinson which is probably an upgrade, as well as bring in the defensive PF with Dalembert.

We MIGHT be criticizing CD too early, and maybe not. But if the philly trades does go down, the only thing we lost was the talent in Nachbar.

This would also make our bench stronger as sura, barry, and howard would come off the bench. Bowen and Mcgrady would probably play backup small forward.

20. YugoRocketsFan

Well I'm jus waiting to see if the rockets are getting any better CD maybe smart on some trades like the Barry one but he has the ability to make the team stronger