Houston Trades Boki and Jim Jackson for David Wesley of the Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I think it was just a "we are doing badly so let's trade" kind of thing. Houston should definitely not be as bad as they are so they decided just to trade. Also Wesley and McGrady in the backcourt can kill you but, JJ's scoring as the SF will hurt them also.

If I were Jim Jackson I would feel very depressed. Coming over to the worst team in the NBA. What a heartbreaker. Is he even a FA this summer?

2. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

i think he is going to be a free agent by the end of this year

3. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

Houston Sports Radio 610am reports that they are looking to deal for Josh Childress!

4. YugoRocketsFan

josh childress no wayyy he will take up to much time for the other rockets and we will lose

5. NuSpace

NuSpace JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hdchy:</div><div class="quote_post">Another trade rumor:
    Rockets send Maurice Taylor & Clarence Weatherspoon to Sixers for Glenn Robinson & Samuel Dalembert
    Anyone heard about this?</div>

Interesting, but Glen Robinson will most definitely not fit into JVG's system. The guy plays no defense but does have a good shooting stroke. I like Dalembert, but how would he fit in the team? He is long and athletic and can grab rebounds.

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Childress is a good young prospect but, I think the Hawks wont be willing to deal him. Who does Houston have to send to Atlanta for the same value? I don't think this trade will go down. The Rockets I think have a nice team but, just need to gel. It's like they are not keeping the Jell-O in the fridge long enough before it is good to eat. Same thing happened with Minnesota, and Miami last year. At the end of it everyone knew their roles and played basketball. I think it will happen it just needs to take time and McGrady needs to get comfortable more.

7. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Houston Sports Radio 610am reports that they are looking to deal for Josh Childress!</div>

That would change my views on everything about this season. CD, if you get this done, I will gratefully show my appreciation through my signature.. The guy is young, and has SOME potential to be a quick, 13-17 ppg , perimeter defender. I haven't been listening to 610, but those guys know there stuff. I hope you aren't making this up. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

How did the bring up the whole, Houston Sports Radio 610am reports that they are looking to deal for Josh Childress! Thing.

9. NuSpace

NuSpace JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">josh childress no wayyy he will take up to much time for the other rockets and we will lose</div>

Honestly, if you make a comment like that, at least backup it up with evidence. Enough people in this thread are tried or your one liners.

Josh Childress was a first round draft pick and is filled with potential. He's versitile and can play at the point, shooting and small forward positions. He's a little skinny, but he is only a rookie and has plenty of years ahead of him. And when you look at it, who is he gonna steal time from? Bowen?

You can't blame a team's loses on a single player, especially on a rookie. Blame the team's poor rebounding or lack of energy, but you can't blame someone who hasn't even had a chance to prove himself.

It would be nice if Houston could pick him up, but I don't think they have anyone outside of Yao and T-Mac that Atlanta be interested in.

10. Adrenaline

Maybe we trad Westley...to ATL? I would really offer them this package for him

Ward first. If not accepted. offer this

Ward and Bowen not accepted...

Ward,Bowen,Spoon.. 1 of the three has got to be accepted.

11. poorfox

poorfox JBB JustBBall Member

if we trade wesley for childress, in fact we trade JJ and Boki for a mushroom rookie guy, who has potential but we can not use now, any rational guy will let this trade to happen?
    what we need now is PF, PF, PF, PF!!!not SG, not SF,is CD really aware of this situation?
    BTW, i love JJ, and i love boki, JJ is a leader, and this is critical for Rockets, because YAO or TMAC can not be a leader now.
    without JJ, rockets lose its core, and i think it will bring us a hard time.

12. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

JJ was our foundation. Yao and Tmac might be the future of the franchise but Jim Jackson was the present.

13. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe we trad Westley...to ATL? I would really offer them this package for him

Ward first. If not accepted. offer this

Ward and Bowen not accepted...

Ward,Bowen,Spoon.. 1 of the three has got to be accepted.</div>

First Deal: Give up a Rookie for an old, injured Point Guard?

Second Deal: That would make the Hawks GM ROFLHAO

Third Deal: Contracts dont match.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It would be nice if Houston could pick him up, but I don't think they have anyone outside of Yao and T-Mac that Atlanta be interested in.</div>

Ah, but our most valuable asset has not been touched.. The Trade Exception. Atlanta has cap problems, we have a trade exception.. That right there could be the answer to this trade.

14. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

SURVIVOR: HOUSTON

ROCKETS EDITION

ONLY 4 ROCKETS FROM LAST YEARS ROSTER REMAIN IN HOUSTON

YAO
    TAYLOR
    PADGETT
    WEATHERSPOON

YAO MING IS HIGHLY FAVORED TO BE THE LAST MAN STANDING AND PADGETT SEEMS TO BE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION. TAYLOR AND WEATHERSPOON MAY BE THE NEXT TO LEAVE HOUSTON. BUT STAY TUNED BECAUSE ANYONE CAN GO NEXT. ANYONE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly this is how things are turning out. I hate to see JJ go because he had found his home. But like im telling all my friends. CD obviously has a plan and we must be patient and see what he has in mind. Dont get angry yet, but if things dont get better, then you can start worrying.

15. samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick JBB JustBBall Member

This is a horrible trade for the Rockets and a classless thing to do to a guy who has played his behind off for you guys. he had his chance in Sactown, he had his chance in Houston and you guys crap on him, sending him to the worst team with no upsides. David Wesley is a 2 gaurd. if you didnt realize so is T-mac, so David Wesley is basically gonna rot on that bench, and you'll have nothing to show off of this trade. Putting him on the point position against the likes of Nash, Parker, Marbury, Baron, Kidd blah blah blah is stupid, he's not a point. if you remember 2 years ago they had Mash running the point when Baron was gone. Bye Bye Houston.

16. Adrenaline

About him finding a home, didn't they recently interview him calling him the traveling man, and how he's made his stay in Houston?

17. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

yea, everyone thought that jimmy jackson was going to retire as a rocket. Thats why this trade is so shockin. I feel bad for the guy and if I were JJ, I would retire or refuse to play in New Orleans and ask to be traded to a playoff team.

18. YugoRocketsFan

i would kill CD if i was JJ. I mean cmon what if you were on a basketball team and u got traded to the worst team in a league

19. Adrenaline

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YugoRocketsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">i would kill CD if i was JJ</div>

I've been very nice..I haven't said anything. But these one line post are freaking riduclous man.

I just hope JJ goes to the HOF. He was good when he was with the Mav's.

20. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JuLiO-R-:</div><div class="quote_post">yea, everyone thought that jimmy jackson was going to retire as a rocket. Thats why this trade is so shockin. I feel bad for the guy and if I were JJ, I would retire or refuse to play in New Orleans and ask to be traded to a playoff team.</div>

As much as I would love to see JJ compete to the highest level for a playoff contender and ultimately contend for a championship we all know that thats not the kind of person he is. He's going to go into New Orleans, shoulder the load and take it like a man. Jim Jackson wasnt just a great player for the rockets, he was a leader, and a great teammate. He's going to give New Orleans a boost, theyre going to love Jim Jackson. He's probably not going to come back to Houston in free agency, but if we can we need to sign him again. I dont know how anyone could have missed him those years he was away from the league, how does anyone let such a great player drop off like that?

Yugorocketsfan, just shut up, stop posting you have made some of the most unintelligent posts I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Go jump on some other teams bandwagon then, we dont want you if you arent a true Rockets fan.

There are a few types of fans in my mind.

-Those who follow a player, and root for whatever team hes on.
    -There are the diehard fans of a team, those who love the team because they grew up watching them, who have stuck by them through good times and bad.
    =Then there are the worst kind of fans. The bandwagon fans, the ones who only follow the winners so they can shove it in the faces of other people.

Bandwagon fans make me sick. I see myself as a player fan and a diehard fan I suppose. I initially followed the Rockets for Yao, but Im in love with the franchise now, Im a little pissed right now at what Dawson is doing, but Im still going to be a Rockets fan.