Houston Trades Boki and Jim Jackson for David Wesley of the Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 27, 2004.

1. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

As well you would like to know i love the Rockets , I'm just mad cuz all our good players are being traded for bad ones, im mad cuz JJ got traded

2. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

All are good players right? So are you calling Tyroon a good player? I'd pick Berry anyday...

3. YugoRocketsFan

well that was the only good trade the rockets had

4. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

stick with your original statement stop changing your opinion because people are disproving it.

5. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

So, Trading...

Steve Francis and Cat wasn't a good trade either?

6. chineseafro

I heard speculation that cuttino mobley was thrown in for Juwan Howard and Tyronn Lue. I would have traded Francis and Cato in a heartbeat for Tmac alone. It was a good trade, but I think we could have done a better job. I would have loved to have either Mobley or Cato with the Rockets this season.

7. YugoRocketsFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So, Trading...

Steve Francis and Cat wasn't a good trade either?</div>
    actually it was a bad trade

8. chineseafro

want to back that up for your adoring public?

9. YugoRocketsFan

Oh dont worry i will "last year" the rockets were at 15-12 and this year they are at 13-14

10. chineseafro

That doesnt mean anything, the rockets early skid was brought on by an injury to yao and i believe tmac didnt play in a couple games. last year the rockets were healthy for the first few months.

11. YugoRocketsFan

ok i guess we will see by the end of the season

12. KleinBaller08

KleinBaller08 JBB JustBBall Member

Its gonna be reallllllyyy funny when the Rockets start winning, and everyone that posted in this is gonna be like "well really i didnt think it was THAT bad of a trade". Van Gundy did this last year when he traded Moochie, to set an example that anyone could be traded, and it worked.

13. chineseafro

Thats true, I liked moochie but hell that trade was great for us.

14. YugoRocketsFan

Van Gundy Doesnt Trade Moochie CD does cuz Van Gundy is coach he organizes plays and CD owns the team and he is the guy who trades the players

15. TheBigSmooth

TheBigSmooth JBB JustBBall Member

Hello to all, new to this site.

I think that trading Jimmy Jackson is a terrible decision. I mean, the guy was a rock for the Rockets! He brought it every night and I think this trade is on par with other terrible decision such as trading Sam Cassell and Robert Horry, and giving up Richard Jefferson and two other picks for Eddie Griffin.

I think Bokie has potential to play the game at a relatively high level, but I guess he didn't fit into the Rocket's time frame. I think it was best said when someone mentioned giving up a solid player (Jackson) and a young player with potential (Nachbar) for an aging shooting gaurd.

I am praying there is more to this deal that we have not yet seen.

16. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

I was somehow disappointed with the trade. JJ has been a solid player for the Rockets, providing good defense, scoring option and leadership. It was just sad to see that after having one of your best night scoring 21 points, you'll get traded the next day. We do need a reliable and healthy point guard but giving up two small forwards is not justifiable. Bowen is hardworking and a hustle type of guy but he's not the one who you can depend on consistently. If salary matching is involved Weatherspoon for Wesley would matched-up because they have nearly identical salary that would also expire after the 2005-2006 season. Anyway no matter how we pledge Van Gundy to give more playing time for Spoon it just would'nt happen. I just hope this trade would benefit the Rockets otherwise it will come down as one of the worst trade for the season.

17. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

If we can get Big Dog and Dalembert from the Sixers, I think that would help a lot.. Dalembert, I mean.. he's a hustle guy who doesn't need the ball to be effective.. Like Cato only more athletic and quicker.. the only problem is Big Dog is a lazy mofo who JVG will HATE... They should have just kept JJ [​IMG] I don't see how David Wesley will help this team at all....

18. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Give the trade some time, maybe it will help in the long run. The only problem is, now they will basically have to rebuild their chemistry from scratch, since Jackson was the vocal leader. Now, their really doesn't even have one, so I just hope someone on the team rises up to be the leader of the team. Now the chemistry definitely will need some working on. It wasn't really all that great to begin with, so it will be interesting to see if it develops to be better with the players that we have now.

19. tavlek

tavlek JBB JustBBall Member

rockets made a very bad trade. JJ is a very good and important player. and I belive rockets fan will be soon very sorry that you trade also boki. he is great potencial who didn't give chance. what is for player 6 or 8 minutes pro game. Nothing! i hope he will get chance to show his quality. just remember last year and last few games. he played very well, because he can play his minutes.

and i hope that CD won't make any trade more because almost all of his trades sucks.

20. DaRocket

DaRocket JBB JustBBall Member

As always forgive my english...

Ok, JJ was our leader and Wesley will not. JJ is a better player. JJ here and Wesley there, I don't care, or better, I want to discuss the TRADE in their terms. Because I can understand it, Wesley-Sura-TMac-Howard-Yao maybe is a better team, but damn... Why in the hell they even had to add Nachbar to acquire Wesley? Are we crazy or what? If I'm going to trade JJ for Wesley, I absolutely want Wesley and someone more! After last summer crazy trade this is our second huge mistake.

Talking about positions, I don't think we need a PG when you have T-Mac & Yao in your team. Did the Bulls, LA and even our Rockets need it? No. We just need to concentrate plays around our superstars till the day they will understand to be the best. Our main problem is having a huge man like Yao who is not yet one of the best blockers and rebounders. You can trade whoever you want, but if you want Yao as your superstar, stop trading and start teaching (and why not, coaching).