Notice How Bulls' Hoiberg ended up in the NBA's hottest seat

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Dec 30, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Read more http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein...lls-hoiberg-ended-up-in-the-nbas-hottest-seat

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Thibs' revenge. At Tim Floyd 2.0's expense.

At least the fans are starting to realize the cause of the Bulls' mediocrity the past decade+.

truebluefan likes this.
  3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Gar has to go first.Then Fred. He doesn't make adjustments. After the bad loss to Milwaukee, we had another bad loss to them. That should never happen.

A good coach would have made adjustments.

4. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

Any change that doesn't involve Paxson isn't complete enough.

Its time for Gar to go, but if Paxson keeps cashing accountability - free paychecks it continues to send the "mediocre is OK" message.

Gar actually improved things once he started working under Pax. The Bulls enjoyed their greatest post-MJ success under him.

We all remember what it was like when Paxson's thoughts were solely allowed. Thoughts such as Hinrich-Gordon-Nocioni-Deng was a contending team. Silly thoughts. Lets not give the silly thoughts guy a job for life and reward mediocrity. Lets get the Bulls back to being a consistently elite on the court NBA franchise again and have an organization that seeks out and rewards greatness.

5. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Stein's a good reporter, but the news portion of his article is limited to:

That's not a lot and I would surely hope that this sort of assessment is happening.

I'll be surprised if Hoiberg is fired during the season. They did it to Skiles, but he pretty much begged them to pull the trigger. They did it to Cartwright, but that's 'cause Skiles was available and they wanted him. They did it to Floyd, but his team started 4-21 in the 4th year of his contract. They let VDN finish out the season.

I don't think Bulls' management had much in the way of expectations for this season's team. It's always been oddly constructed with some bright and shiny pieces that just don't quite fit together.

If Hoiberg is axed, Forman should and probably will be as well. Paxson will stay for several reasons, not the least of which being that both Michael and Jerry Reinsdorf are smart enough to know that they're not qualified to recruit and evaluate basketball executives. This said, it would not surprise me if Paxson stayed in place through a transition and then quietly resigned.

I've always liked Paxson. I'm OK with him retiring or staying.

I've never been very impressed by Forman. He doesn't fill me with confidence. I'd like to see him replaced.

As for Hoiberg, my fear is that he's just too nice a guy for the job. This is probably going to be a tough rest of this season and if Hoiberg is a daisy, we should know by May.