How can we get Shawn Marion?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Right now, we can't even make a decent offer to AK47, because we just don't have a big contract to match. Marion is better than AK47, much more stable, and have shorter contract. I seriously doubt that we can even call Kerr to begin a discussion...</p>

2. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kwan1031)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Right now, we can't even make a decent offer to AK47, because we just don't have a big contract to match. Marion is better than AK47, much more stable, and have shorter contract. I seriously doubt that we can even call Kerr to begin a discussion...</p>

</div></p>

It doesn't take much to start a discussion. I'd call Steve and offer him AL, MP (expiring) and POB . Continuing it may be harder.</p>

</p>

3. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

Marion (or at least Dan Fegan) is insisting on three years at 60 million. That's far too rich for my blood. Also, Marion had big problems not being viewed as the top dog in Phoenix behind Nash and Stoudemire. Would that change here? Baron is the clear leader of this team, with Jackson right behind him. Even if Marion outplayed Jackson (probable) and Baron (possible but not likely), he wouldn't be loved in quite the way they are, because he wasn't a part of what happened last year. The players from last year's team will probably be eating for free in the bay area forty years from now. It's just a different dynamic.</p>

Also, we don't have anything I'd expect Phoenix to want... except maybe Monta Ellis? I mean, I'm sure they'd want Biedrins, but they'd be mad to trade him at 21 for Marion at 29. If Phoenix asked for Elli,s though, I could see it happening. Not sure who you'd include to make the salaries work, though.</p>