How do we win game 2?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Natebishop3, Apr 20, 2014.

1. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    7-10 from 2pt, and 24 points in the game.

2. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I'd let Chandler Parsons beat me all day long over not shadowing Harden. It's up to Howard, Lin, and Parsons to continue their play without Beverley doing his best to defend Lillard.

3. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I give Houston a 75% chance to win game two, still got np blazers in 5 though!

4. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    Only change I'd make is to replace Robinson's minutes with Freeland. That last play where Harden is standing there with his dick in his hand trying to take the last shot is all because Joel moves his feet to the right spot, cutting off penetration without fouling. Harden had this look like, "Shit, how do I throw myself and draw a foul into a guy offering picture perfect help defense." 9 times out of 10 Robinson would fuck that up.

Robinson has far more upside, but it's the playoffs. Freeland has really proven himself as a vastly superior interior defender, and that's what we really need right now more than T-Rob's rebounding.

Eastoff likes this.
  5. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    This game was the mirror image of the last. The plot is known and repeating, but the winner is random each game.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/other-side-coin

6. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Whoever Harden is guarding on defense (it could be Nic game 2) needs to make Harden work and exploit his lazy ass defense. For Nic, he has to be back cutting all day long.

Hey I said a couple things would happen in game 1, Lillard's athletic superiority and ability to focus on one team will overcome Bev's defense and that Wes is going to make Harden work on defense. I think both of those things happened and were an impact on the game. What a game!

Go Blazers

7. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

The big question I see is how do you guard Howard.? There were times last night he looked like he could score at will (while getting our big men in foul trouble). Rolo was having a tough time when Dwight brought the energy (who wouldn't), but Dwight is also very good playing out of a double team.

Leonard is good for 6 hard fouls . . . I say it's hack-a-dwight all night long on the road. :)

8. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Another thing we can't count on repeating is that Howard/Asik had 11 fouls in 46 minutes, while Lopez had 6 fouls in 32 minutes. That ratio was in our favor, but will reverse.

Howard actually had to sit for awhile, the opposite of what everyone expected.

Eastoff likes this.
  9. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

I think this is the bottom line. Production must be had from Mo, Robinson, Wright, and Freeland. They are NBA players, they need to step it up, Mo has been there before, he better re-find that next gear.

10. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

Goddammit, this is the utterly maddening thing about Nic Batum: you never know from game-to-game.... hell, quarter to quarter... what version of Batum you will get, the talented playmaker and lock-down defender that can change games, or the invisible timid Euro who sits in the corner hoping for a kickout three attempt, but not providing anything else.

If Batum had Matthew's motor, he'd be an All-Star.

11. DamianLillard#0

DamianLillard#0 Member

Hack a Howard is the key ! Hold a Close game and the hack him..FOR THE WIN ! Easy Strategy :D:D When Mchale goes Small... You have big advantage.. Lillard can goes to the rim without anyone on him.. No one can block him Without bigs ;)

12. RW#30

RW#30 Member

What a game last night. The next two games will decide the series. If the blazers come out and steal game two, game three will be like a game 7 and could be the knock out punch. They will win game 2 if Batum and Williams comes through. Batum can not coast and play it like a regular season game. We need Nic to score 20 and grab at least 10 rebounds. We know he has it in him but he sure didn't show it in the frst game. He needs to feliver on his potentia, it is NOW!!
    As for Mo, he is our only reliable bench player. He needs to give us quality scoring when Dame is on the bench. The Rockets will make adjustments and will double LA, Williams and Batum will need to step up and soften up the middle from the outside. Wesley and Thomas will show up. LA and Dame are studs but they need the help from the rest of the team. Can't wait till Wednesday. Go Blazers

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  13. Prue

Prue Member

I think the key to wining game to to have more point than Houston when its over.

14. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    We have a great opportunity to steal game 2. We need to come out strong from the gate. If we can manage to pull a 10-15 point lead out the gate, I think the pressure will amplify for Houston. Even the fan base would be out of the game.

I really think this game is when our wings go off. I'm almost certain that they will double Aldride and it most likely will be Batum's man.

This is the game Nico goes ham. If Nico is aggressive, not only will we win, we most likely blow them out.

15. Boise Blazer

Boise Blazer Thread Lightly

I agree with what I have seen posted before, ANY bench productions, good Mo, making more free throws and making more 3's earlier in the game should give us a good chance to steal another one. I mean when you really think about it without LMA going all nutso we wouldnt have had a chance in this game. But that gives me a lot of hope.

I also can help but wonder if having LMA foul out may have actually been a blessing in disguise. It allowed Lillard to handle the ball more in crunch time, get to the hoop and make clutch free throws.

16. Prue

Prue Member

The funny thing is now I think the fans have sealed the fate of the Rockets for us. Since they lost they will all assume that it was the ref's that did it (clearly we enlightened know that to be so far from the truth that I think TSA agents detain Salvatore for his entire trip to PDX) and in so thinking such they will become booing and annoying for every call against Houston. This will trigger more calls against them and result in the Blazers riding out of Texas in favor of returning to a bigger City for round 2 :D

17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm thinking score more pts than they do?

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I don't care if the bench scores 7pts as long as they play defense

19. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Ahhhh! It just needs to be Wednesday... why so long?!

20. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I think he was worn out. They rode him hard and put him away wet.