OT How do you deal with stress?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Jade Falcon, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

Sorry, I meant that the wiper blades "stutter" on the windshield. I think it's primarily the drivers side blade, but again: both have been replaced and are new. So it's probably the wiper arm, rather than the Rain X.

That, and the windshield itself is in very bad shape, and has been for some time. If anything on that car needs to be replaced, it's definitely the windshield.

Thanks for the videos! I actually watched them last week though. :biglaugh::cheers:

Thanks bro. Yeah, the vinyl is a different animal, and I should get the right product for it.

As for the Northstar, it definitely has a lot of torque. I did some high-RPM acceleration yesterday, and it definitely moves the car well. I think the Y-VIN SLS Northstars are only limited to 112 MPH though.

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Hey, you grew up with my ex?

Jade Falcon likes this.
  3. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I stand corrected. Could be why i never liked Rain X. I even went out in my garage and pulled out my little bottle that is probably at least 10 years old and it did have a smell of acetone. Definitely wouldn't want any to spill on my paint.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  4. Lanny

My
    I never had a problem with my paint job but I was careful to not apply it to painted areas. I could see where you'd want to be careful with that. It should be noted that you have to leave it on there for hours before it would do serious damage. Leaving it on for more than a handful of minutes would not be wise.
    We used acetone freely in our chemistry lab to dry out test tubes after cleaning and rinsing them. There was never any damage to the rubber stoppers that were sometimes used in those test tubes nor was any warning given about the use of acetone when cleaning test tubes.

5. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Pics are so much prettier than your perpetually stripping woman, @Jade Falcon

There are different kinds of stress. If it's a particular problem then working to solve the problem or at least put a time limit on it (I retire in 13 months, 12 months, I counted down to the final days!) The current administration is the worst imaginable so I spend time volunteering for Warren campaign and hope that soon there will be a sane president.

If it's general life stress, I go for a walk, play with Lucia, futz around in the garden, knit, read cookbooks.

6. Lanny

I like Warren. She's not my favorite but she's right up there.