Exclusive How do you stop this shit?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Hoopguru, Nov 21, 2021.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Her being an Asian American I'd say language is what she based it on...it's not like Asian Americans haven't been victims of racism and bigotry on an escalating scale over the last few years...and that stems directly from racists and white supremacists....we weren't there but discounting her being robbed by someone she has a right to give the cops a description...if racist white supremacist is what she claims...who are we to doubt the validity....sounds like a partisan dig to me to discount a criminal act against this lady without knowing why...non of those words have lost their meaning unless you chose to ignore them

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

this makes no sense. Prove only asians are being robbed.
    Falling for clickbait divisive titles like this, only muddies the definition of racists, and deflects from the real issue going on.
    By the standard of this post, anyone who does anything at all to a minority, its based on racial discrimination until proven otherwise..

Where in the tweet or video does it indicate she(the victim) said anything about race????
    This is sooo backwards i dont even know where to begin….

MadeFromDust and tester551 like this.
  3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm not unpacking this....but you are not on the same topic I'm on and reading a news article doesn't make us lawyers who need to prove anything...my wife happens to be Asian American and I think I can speak about the targeting of asians over the last few years and will.....as I said...if a Japanese american lady says racists robbed her...I don't doubt her word until it's proven SHE's not truthful...that door swings both ways...why would you jump on this topic?....have you experienced these things? My wife has and I don't have to prove it to you on the internet..I have my own convictions and voice them

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

i've been robbed, where did I say only Asians have been robbed? .

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

where does anyone including the victim claim it was racist? only the tweeter.

Facts matter…

…to some…

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

facts matter to people who've been robbed or racially slandered as well....I don't know anything about tweeting but when a crime is on camera, I'll not jump to the defense of the robber that's for sure or call someone divisive because they support the victim's view.....even with our collective ignorance and again I have never said only asians get robbed dude....you led with that for a reason I don't understand but hey....I don't need to

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

language, tats, my bet is language. Maybe clothing slogans, etc...whatever reason it's not a stretch that a criminal is a bigot

Tyrant of Ants and Phatguysrule like this.
  8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Where is it a fact that this tweet, the one that claims it was a white supremest, presented in the tweet we are discussing?
    The one i commented on and you responded to?

…or its an invalid claim. But being as nothing more was provided….

When making such a claim there should be proof to such a claim or something provided to back the claim up. Or anyoen xan say snything they want…

This is fake news and should be called out as such until something more is provided to substantiate the claim.

To validate such a claim simply because of the Asian community being the victim of racially motivated attacks is just reckless in my opinion.

besides I'm pretty sure the looting Nd robbing isn't about race as much as its about the haves and have nots.

Tyrant of Ants and tester551 like this.
  9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Also i jump on this topic because crying wolf and making false or inaccurate claims of racism hinders the actual fight against racism.

To make a claim of racism, much like child molester or rapist, can ruin ones life, and rightly so if they are guilty. But if they are not guilty and have that spread against them…

You hate Trump and fake news but here you are willing to just let a damning claim go with no other facts other than Asian hate crimes are on the rise….

no double standard there at all….

10. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    LA in particular is getting hit hard with this

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You nor I know if this is fake news or not...what I know is that the tweeter has a Chinese name and photo on his avatar.....how I feel about Trump has nothing to do with this topic...talk about divisive....and I'm not trying to prove the news dude....although you seem hell bent on disproving it....we are ignorant and not informed...it's a phone camera clip and I take it for what it is but stop defining my reasons for supporting victims rights over our political differences....someone is being divisive here and it's not necessary to discuss the topic in my view as sensationalized propogandists....I have no agenda than a passing comment over a news clip.....there's nothing to argue here...and when Asians are victims of crimes saying that is on the rise is a fact. That does not contribute to more crime...sorry...that's way off base addressing a problem is different from creating one

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

man, projection 101, if im divisive them so where you with your defense of the tweet when someone else called it out. If you cant handle the back and forth, don't call it out…

and if you are gonna call it out, handle getting called out in return better than claiming im being divisive.

im german. If i comment someone else is a nazi does that make it right by association?

Sorry man. Bad take.

a claim like that needs to be substantiated just like claims from the other side need to be substantiated. Or no one should be running with that headline as that criminal is a white suppremist.

again. Facts and logic > emotions and association.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You brought up me and Trump....I'm talking about a robbery and the description of the criminal....try to keep up...I don't care if you're German at all...why would you bring that up?

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

and NYC as well

15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

i

i agree as well. However I've seen the racism label get muddier snd muddier by those who use it, and it really is minimizing the claim.
    Ive seen innocent people out ast due to false claims of rasis
    Based on one persons opinion.

This tweet is Case in point.

If there weren't so much racism finger-pointing without true justification, i would have little reason to doubt the tweet. But because i believe some want a war, and they propagate a narrative they know is a growing time bomb and exploit it, i have my doubts about most claims that come without a shred of evidence.

But People fall for it.

Fox news is guilty of this, as is msn.
    But mostly, its internet tweeters making a claim like this and then it goes viral and becomes the truth, without a shred of tangible evidence.

its just as scary as rascism and the left, river, used to make that claim when it was trump doing that type of bullshit headline shocker shit. But when someone else does that, like this, its okay. Its justified. Its assumed and judgement has been gaveled….

This is not the judicial process i want moving forward….

16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

The tweet is fake news.
    Trump pushed fake news.
    You railed against trump for his fake news. You are approving of this fake news without any question.

Are you following along?

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

wtf is this about? river used to make claims when Trump was what? You are fishing for more divisiveness here OB and I thought we'd gotten over that.....judgement has been gaveled? That's some emo shit man...don't make blanket statements about so called claims I've made...I'm transparent about my convictions...you're welcome to yours....

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Whats emo is you claiming I'm fishing for anything other than quelling the spread of a racism claim without any supporting evidence…

duck and evade, duck and evade. Lol.
    Okay. You cant handle the callout. Got it.
    Movin on.

19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

what you can't handle is a conversation with me....that's not my problem dude...apparently it's yours. good luck with that. you should come to grips with the fact that you are not a judge in a court of law that requires proof or evidence or witnesses.....you're in a basketball chat room I've been clear about my views....deal with it

20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

i was having a conversation until you started making some claim to divisive whatever.( first sign of getting defensive)
    I stand by my views too, the ones thst make sure facts dont get overridden by emotions. . Deal with it. Lol
    . you are the one here sounding as though you are having a hissy fit because i stated your post made no sense to me.

I stated my reasons why and you proceeded to bring in your family. so i brought in trump.

I didnt ask you why you brought in your family, irrelevant to the tweet but you had an issue with trump.

Anyhow im done until you can stop being defensive and just have a conversation.
    Hard to have a conversation with someone who gets defensive but claims the other person as being emo. Lol.

You railed on trumps fake news.

But now stating so, and pointing out you aren't railing against this fake news, but actually support it, has triggered you or something…

movin on..