How Good is Kwame?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by How_High78, Sep 25, 2003.

1. How_High78

How_High78 JBB JustBBall Member

How good do you think this kid is/ will be? Will he ever be an all star?

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Think Joe Smith.

3. How_High78

ok, one vote for "...not that great".

4. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

If Jordan can't make you better............

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

JOrdan put to much pressure opn him...it took kobe n tmac 3 years to blossom garnett 3 n JO 6 so i aint givin up on him yet

6. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheLakerShow834:</div><div class="quote_post">JOrdan put to much pressure opn him...it took kobe n tmac 3 years to blossom garnett 3 n JO 6 so i aint givin up on him yet</div>

How long did it take Amare Stoudemire or Moses Malone?

That 3 year thing is overrated.

7. Mamba

taht is 2 peeple out of how many peeple who jumped from HS...that percentage rate isnt very high...he has shown flashes of how good he can be and how athletic he is...n how is it ovverrated? it takes time to develop in the L most peeple arent an instant hit

8. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">How long did it take Amare Stoudemire or Moses Malone?

That 3 year thing is overrated.</div>

That is a bad arguement. Not only did TheLakerShow give more examples than you, but your examples are rareities.

Also, your guys were from different eras. Think of all the other players in between Amare and Moses that didn't blossom immeadiately.

9. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Riot_Starter:</div><div class="quote_post">That is a bad arguement. Not only did TheLakerShow give more examples than you, but your examples are rareities.

Also, your guys were from different eras. Think of all the other players in between Amare and Moses that didn't blossom immeadiately.</div>

It takes most rookies years, if thats out of high school or 4 years of college. I bring up those names because people will tend to say all high school kids. I see your point, but see mine.

10. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Both points are good..But he was the #1 draft pick. He hasnt done anything special at all to prove hes worthy of that. He needs serious improvement or the Wizards drafted the wrong player. He hasnt even shown major signs of being a great player. His career high was 20 points. Not too impresive. Jordan may have put some pressure on him but sometimes you just cant make excuses. He must get the job done this season.

11. Mamba

he hasnt been given the chance...whenever he made a mistake Jordan jumped all over him then Collins took him out...he will shut his critics up this year i think

12. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Lets hope so. He has a lot to prove before im even going to judge how good he is.

13. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

If Kwame can't do it this comming season, I don't know when he can. I don't think he has anymore excuses.. Now that Doug Collins is gone, he may get some more playing time, but we'll have to see this season.

14. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Would you take Kwame over Chandler or Curry?

15. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kid Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">Would you take Kwame over Chandler or Curry?</div>

No, I wouldnt. I would choose Eddy over Kwame because he has a great offensive game and overpowers virtually anyone in the low post, and Tyson because he has a decent offensive game, great defensive game, and I think it wont be long before Chandler leads the leagues in blocks.

16. How_High78

But are the Bulls # 2 and 3 only showing those flashes of greatness as a result of the opportunities they?ve been given on a Bulls team intent on making them stars. They?ve had pressure to be great but no one expected them to do it NOW. Kwame on the other hand has had a mountain of expectations dumped on him. Also something I?ve never heard mentioned is the psychological effect that having your childhood idol cutting you up in the national media would have on a person. He?s an adult now and I expect him to step up soon (like this year) but still that would be harsh! Jordan is the last person on earth I would want to hear anything bad from in terms of my game. Obviously he could teach anyone a lot but you just don?t want the guy from the poster on your wall and on the guy on your shoes to be yelling at you and telling you to get in shape and suck it up. Man that?s a nightmare if ever I?ve heard one. None of that excuses the sloppy play or the DUI charge however. So will Kwame be an all star? I say yes if he can get himself menatally together.

17. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

He just needs playing time, he played well when he got it, and now he just needs more of it. Doug Collins must have had some problem with playing his young players.

18. jbbKing James

He got time, he got into a lot of foul trouble from what I saw.

19. How_High78

So have Tyson and Eddy. That's part of the learning process. Learning what a ref will pass and what they won't.