How long will the Kings be at the top of their division?

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by $actown Dyme, Jan 13, 2004.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">That crown may reside in San Antonio, but </div>

But...shut up [​IMG]

2. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah yeah, they're a great team.....but what happens in the playoffs when it really counts? The Kings are just a great regular season team period.</div>

Good grief,this is why I cannot tolerate Laker's fans in general. Besides the fact that now they're winning(well they were)titles the Lakers groupies pour out of the woodworks like termites,they are so unbiased and full of crap it is totally pathetic. If their team is on top it's ahhh whatever wins/losses we get in the regular season dont matter because we are a play-off team because thats all that matters. Now that they aren't the reigning NBA champions the regular season proves everything because it means they can beat everyone. It's ridiculous really.

Then we get the whole Kobe can lead just as much as Shaq..This Kobe's team just as much as Shaq's..but when Shaq goes out and the Lakers begin to tailspin it's 'Oh this is and always was Shaq's basketball team.."

I wouldn't be suprised to look in a dictionary under the word hypocrite and see a Lakers fan.

Wonder how many Laker fans are Spurs fans now?

3. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

I think the T-wolves have a realistic shot at getting the best record in the league this year. January is there hardest month of the whole year & they are half way thru & they are sitting in Second place in the west. If they can finish the month out strong, they can grab that best record.

4. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the T-wolves have a realistic shot at getting the best record in the league this year. January is there hardest month of the whole year & they are half way thru & they are sitting in Second place in the west. If they can finish the month out strong, they can grab that best record.</div>

How did I see that coming? We're talking Pacific, not Midwest.

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Crossover:</div><div class="quote_post">How did I see that coming? We're talking Pacific, not Midwest.</div>

haha

6. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Crossover:</div><div class="quote_post">How did I see that coming? We're talking Pacific, not Midwest.</div>

HAHA........ My fault all I seen was the Spurs quote on the top of the page, so I figured you were talking about the whole west. But nothing like a spurs fan to correct me I guess your still a little upset, about how Sam killed your man Tony Parker & Charlie Ward on Wed. You got me on this one but I will make certain I point out your next imperfection. Pacer game over yet? OH, well I guess you guys will get em next year.

7. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">But...shut up</div>

[​IMG]

8. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Arco may be the most electric place in the league, but the Lakers aren't rattled by it. They go into that arena, and play Laker basketball, and when it's over, who always comes out on top? </div>

LOL
    103-83. Period.

9. $actown Dyme

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Arco may be the most electric place in the league, but the Lakers aren't rattled by it. They go into that arena, and play Laker basketball, and when it's over, who always comes out on top? </div>

LOL
    103-83. Period

10. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">HAHA........ My fault all I seen was the Spurs quote on the top of the page, so I figured you were talking about the whole west. But nothing like a spurs fan to correct me I guess your still a little upset, about how Sam killed your man Tony Parker & Charlie Ward on Wed. You got me on this one but I will make certain I point out your next imperfection. Pacer game over yet? OH, well I guess you guys will get em next year.</div>

You really do try too hard to make cheapshots at other people's teams. If you are patient, they should come naturally.

11. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Until they win the PDC for the third time in a Row.

12. AK1

AK1 JBB Banned Member

I think they will be on top of their conference for the rest of the season. Remember, Webber is to come back soon - and they become evern better.
    Expect them to win the NBA championship this year.

13. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

Rest of the season. No questioon. as other shave said in this thread. Kigns should take advantage of it right now.

and enuf biased opinions!

14. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactown_dyme:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL
    103-83. Period.</div>

Yeah, wihout Malone, Kobe, or Shaq in the lineup. Think you would've beaten us with that lineup?? Don't think so.

15. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">Good grief,this is why I cannot tolerate Laker's fans in general. Besides the fact that now they're winning(well they were)titles the Lakers groupies pour out of the woodworks like termites,they are so unbiased and full of crap it is totally pathetic. If their team is on top it's ahhh whatever wins/losses we get in the regular season dont matter because we are a play-off team because thats all that matters. Now that they aren't the reigning NBA champions the regular season proves everything because it means they can beat everyone. It's ridiculous really.

Then we get the whole Kobe can lead just as much as Shaq..This Kobe's team just as much as Shaq's..but when Shaq goes out and the Lakers begin to tailspin it's 'Oh this is and always was Shaq's basketball team.."

I wouldn't be suprised to look in a dictionary under the word hypocrite and see a Lakers fan.

Wonder how many Laker fans are Spurs fans now?</div>

I've been a Laker fan before they won their 1st championship, and I do know that there are bandwagon fans out there that come out of nowhere and represent the Lakers. I myself don't like fans like that. So you're saying if the Lakers don't advance in the playoffs or win the title, we can brag because we beat everyone in the regular season? I don't think like that. Maybe you're confusing me with somebody else.

Once again, I don't think about the whole Shaq/Kobe crisis. They are both very talented, skilled basketball players....and that whole who's the leader stuff is nonsense. Any player that goes out and gives his 100% on the court is fine with me. Wondering how many Laker fans are Spurs fans? Answer: Not this one.

16. Melo's BabyGirl

Melo's BabyGirl JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, wihout Malone, Kobe, or Shaq in the lineup. Think you would've beaten us with that lineup?? Don't think so.</div>

Probably. The Kings are a much younger team than your team full of 30-somethings. The pace would have been too much for those old vets to handle, combined with playing at one of the loudest arenas in the NBA.

And remember, the Kings now have a player that's not afraid to take on Shaq if he needs to (Brad Miller).

17. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Melo's BabyGirl:</div><div class="quote_post">Probably. The Kings are a much younger team than your team full of 30-somethings. The pace would have been too much for those old vets to handle, combined with playing at one of the loudest arenas in the NBA.

And remember, the Kings now have a player that's not afraid to take on Shaq if he needs to (Brad Miller).</div>

I always thought they were a team solely consisting of veterans. They as Franchise3 told me, seem to have the best team chemistry. They work well on defense as well as the offensive end. They'll be as strong as ever, especially when Webber gets back. As much as I want my Wolves to win, I think they're taking home the crown this year.

18. $actown Dyme

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, wihout Malone, Kobe, or Shaq in the lineup. Think you would've beaten us with that lineup?? Don't think so.</div>

An L is an L. Suck it up.

19. $actown Dyme

An L is an L. Suck it up. I don't care who was playing. The people on the court had Laker jerseys on their backs and that's all that matters.

20. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Laker_Fever - I like the way you've ignored any decent arguments in favor of the Kings.

How can you use the excuse of losing Malone, Shaq and Kobe, when a) the Kings were ahead of the Lakers before those three got injured and [​IMG] the Kings have played the entire season without their best player?

You ask why the Lakers have won(or used to win, sorry) in the playoffs every year, and why the Kings didn't? To use your own argument, injuries.

Do you really think the Lakers would have beaten the Kings had the latter been fully healthy? The Lakers barely squeaked by the Kings in game seven in '02 despite the Kings missing their second all-star for most of the series. I'll admit LA was better in '00 and '01, but those teams were completely different from this team.

The Lakers, on the other hand, haven't missed either Kobe OR Shaq in any of the past four playoffs. By your logic, they should have won all of those.

But they didn't.