How the Heat are doing so far.

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by huevonkiller, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I had a pet turtle, but he ran away.

2. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Sorry bro, I never usually say anything because I usually agree with you (on a smaller spectrum), but there's no way Kobe is a top 7 player of all time right now. Stats or no stats. MAYBE top 10, but even then he's bordering that.

Trivial. I know.

3. ¹²³

¹²³ ¼½¾

4. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Interesting, but they're still at an SRS of almost 7. Within contention even for those findings.

Their problems come from an analysis in this earlier article, which explains WHY they're struggling, not just to what magnitude.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=7459

Ah an interesting sidebar. Maybe I'll cover this more in-depth some other time.

5. ¹²³

¹²³ ¼½¾

Do you still think this team will turn around and be a contender?

How far do you think Miami Heat will go? Conference Finals? NBA Finals? What?

6. huevonkiller

Student.
    It took some historically bad performances by Wade to lose against Boston. I have to think he'll do better, and that the Heat take this.

OT loss to Utah, 3 point loss to NO. Second loss to Boston, with Wade playing like that... I think those are the type of games that change as the Heat progress, and get better situated together.

7. ¹²³

¹²³ ¼½¾

So you see them as favorites, the same way you had Cavaliers as favorites last season. OK, just wanted to know where you stand.

8. huevonkiller

Student.
    Well you're aloof, the Cavs went into the post-season with a 35-40% chance of being champs. That means I don't have to be right to have made the right estimation.

Yeah the same way basketball-reference predicts the playoffs correctly, and better than you. I'll take their word over yours.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  9. huevonkiller

Student.
    I'll say this again, the Heat aren't the best team right now. If they played the post-season right now I'm not sure they'd win, but they'd be at the top tier. But noticing what I have in their losses to NO, Boston, Memphis, I find it hard to think Wade will continue to play poorly or miss significant time. And that OT loss to Utah, those are the sort of issues that get sorted out as the season continues.

Too bad 123 doesn't understand past, present, future tense. And that I judge the Heat by what most barometers say, not what Laker fans think.

Yeah we're contending brah.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  10. ¹²³

¹²³ ¼½¾

I just want to know where do you think the Heat will finish the season. I have zero problem with you thinking they will win it all, the same way I had no problem with you thinking the Cavs would reach the title last year.

I simply don't see the Heat as title contenders this year. I think they are a worse team than the Lakers, the Celtics and the Spurs (if they all stay healthy).