How we gonna do?

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by hoodie7, May 22, 2006.

1. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

What a great thread! There have been so many ho-hum threads to get through lately, but finally one that stirs some passion for the game we all love.

I think at some point we've all seen our team lose a game that we said, "We never should have lost that one. They were not the better team." Being a fan of a specific team seems to give us that obsession about our team. It's hard to justify sometimes when our team falters at a time that they "shouldn't" have. Excuses are made and that justifies it.

But the reality is (as I was becoming an expert in acceptance) that when your team loses, they weren't as well prepared, they didn't perform up to expectation, or a whole slew of reasons that equal one thing. They weren't the better team. Fluke things happen, but remember that if they were the better team, they wouldn't be in a position to be beaten by a fluke.

Patriot fans will be viewed worst of all because they are spoiled by success. It will take a few seasons, but they will be humbled like the 80's Steeler fans, the recent Cowboy, Bronco, and Packers fans have. Eventually the high wears off and we become the fans of underdogs again.

But then again for now, I can enjoy the glow of victory and remind you that all of you chase what my team has currently. [​IMG] But I won't take it for granted or make excuses. If we falter this year, we will no longer be the best. Just don't count on it.

2. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

The whole back up converdsation boils down to this. If you're in the NFL you should be able to hang in there. A Backup is basically a just in case right. So there main priority is to hold the fort down sort to speak. If you can't do that your useless to a team.

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It will take a few seasons, but they will be humbled like the 80's Steeler fans, the recent Cowboy, Bronco, and Packers fans have.</div>
    The Packers could go 1-15 and Packers fans still wouldn't be "humbled." [​IMG]

4. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

You wish....

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I'd say hop off your high horse but snowplow would be more appropriate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>but if this kind of thing happens to the Dolphins, I guarantee that you'll feel the same way.</div>
    The key word in this phrase is "if". The refs rarely give Miami the benefit of the doubt.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>What a great thread! There have been so many ho-hum threads to get through lately, but finally one that stirs some passion for the game we all love.

I think at some point we've all seen our team lose a game that we said, "We never should have lost that one. They were not the better team." Being a fan of a specific team seems to give us that obsession about our team. It's hard to justify sometimes when our team falters at a time that they "shouldn't" have. Excuses are made and that justifies it.

But the reality is (as I was becoming an expert in acceptance) that when your team loses, they weren't as well prepared, they didn't perform up to expectation, or a whole slew of reasons that equal one thing. They weren't the better team. Fluke things happen, but remember that if they were the better team, they wouldn't be in a position to be beaten by a fluke.

Patriot fans will be viewed worst of all because they are spoiled by success. It will take a few seasons, but they will be humbled like the 80's Steeler fans, the recent Cowboy, Bronco, and Packers fans have. Eventually the high wears off and we become the fans of underdogs again.

But then again for now, I can enjoy the glow of victory and remind you that all of you chase what my team has currently. [​IMG] But I won't take it for granted or make excuses. If we falter this year, we will no longer be the best. Just don't count on it.</div>
    I agree. Its easier to be the hunter than the hunted. I can only hope that when not if the Dolphins win a Super Bowl or two that I can keep grounded.

Living in what could be Broncos Country (49ers when they were the dynasty), I have prime examples of how not to be behave when Nick & crew raise the Lombardi trophy high in the air.

p.s. We all may find out if the "home" team wins Super Bowl 41.

7. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

Blasphemy!!!!