Huge announcement courtesy of our friends at CSNNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 31, 2014.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

You guys are right. Fuck them and fuck me for trying to do anything around here.

The local CSNNW has nothing to do with the Blazers being blacked out. Because of changes in the Blazer's press policy we have no access to is the press conference. I'm trying to find an solution to this and CSNNW was gracious enough to provide one.

It takes time and work to do things like this. It's not easy for Denny to make it so this forum can embed and stream content but we do it for Courtside, The Court Report and now were trying to add the post game press conference. Yes, it sucks that a lot of us can't watch the games but instead of bitching why not focus that this might be a tiny step towards showing the Blazers and Comcast that streaming content is popular, it's wanted and it would be nice to have that option to watch games in the future. Or we could just pat each other on the back for telling people that have nothing to do with this to fuck off.

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Hear hear!

3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    It's been 7 years. The time for being happy about baby steps was about 7 years ago.

It's like someone taking your car, blowing it up and say "Sorry man...you know what? I'll give you a new car stereo! What do you mean you're not happy? You ingrate..."

4. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Thanks sly and Denny. This is seriously great news

5. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Don't mind the complainers. They are just democrats needing to complain about something

6. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

That'll be cool. Thanks for working to get this done.

7. SlyPokerDog

No, this is like cussing out your mailman because you don't like the IRS. They're both part of the federal government so it makes sense.

8. julius

singer songwriter
    Cept that the IRS isn't part of the Postal service, like comcast is part of comcast sports nw.

It's more like finding out that the company that signed a contract with your favorite sports team hasn't agreed to sign a contract with two satellite companies because they're greedy and want you to use their cable system, now has offered you footage of a press conference and you're expected to think that's super peachy keen, and when you don't, someone gets mad at you for expressing yourself.
    And in expressing yourself, you don't tell HIM to fuck off, or anyone in the company to fuck off, and still get your message deleted.

The next time a "huge announcement" is made by CSNNW, it should actually be the one that is 7 years late.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Great analogy! You guys have done more to improve content on this site in the year I've been a member than any Blazer forum on the planet. To those who complain about access, the radio is free. Blazers games are always there. If these guys have offered to stream content for us here, what's to bitch about?

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

The folks that offered this option on this site probably didn't work there 7 years ago. Start a thread with your concerns and I'm sure it'll take off but this thread offers good news, here and now and it's an upgrade.

11. julius

singer songwriter
    because the stream isn't of the game. If they offered a stream of the game (or hell, an option to BUY a pass to watch games online) I would. But they don't.

So a post game interview/press conference stream is whats offered. To me, that's getting excited over trinkets, when you once had gold bars.

12. julius

singer songwriter
    What are the Blazers going to do once this contract is up? FSN/Roots isn't going to offer them anywhere near what comcast did, and comcast knows that they can just offer the same contract again and the Blazers are not going to pass up on big money.

So once again, the games won't be on TV. But hey, we get press conferences! Woo!

13. SlyPokerDog

I pm'd you immediately after I deleted your message and explained why. I have since undeleted your message.

I approached CSNNW and asked if we could embed and stream their press conference feed. They did not come to us offering us "trinkets."

I made the "huge announcement." CSNNW and Comcast didn't make it. I was happy that I got this done. Like I explained, we are trying to expand and improve our coverage of the team. This is a small part of it. This is a small part to expand and diversify the streaming content offered on our site. As far as I can tell no other Blazer forum or fan site is offering regular streaming content. This is also part of my effort to add more multimedia features to this forum. I asked Denny to add the Twitter and Instrgram features to the forum.

I deleted your post because I felt it had nothing to do with what the thread was about. If you want to complain about someone complain about me. It was my idea, it was my asking CSNNW that got this to happen.

Again, I have since undeleted your post. If you want an apology, I am sorry. I contacted you via PM so we can have this conversation privately and not make it a public discussion.

If the forum decides that we as a group dislike Comcast so much that we will boycott any and all content from them I will abide by that but until that time I will look to add and provide content to this forum from any and all sources that I feel improves the Blazer coverage and discussions.

14. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

It's not even necessarily about all of the Comcast stuff. Sly has obviously worked hard to get this and was probably excited to post the extra goodies we would be getting. Then someone comes I'm here and takes a giant shit and decides to rehash things that have been brought up ad nauseum that have nothing to do with the people offering us this.

It's a total dick move

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Tony Schiavone, eat your heart out!

16. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I do appreciate the effort for more streaming access and making it a better forum but at the same time I kind of agree with Julius. Comcast could have and should have already been doing something like this. Comcast is just stingy with everything related to the Blazers.

17. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Funkee Human Being

Software Engineer
    Wow bro. Didn't think my response warranted such a reaction, but hey it's your world I'm just visiting. Congratulations on this deal.

18. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

darn you, Bob, coming in like a rabble-rouser!11!

19. Flipper

Flipper Red, Hot & Rollin'

:clap:Well I, for one, think that this is AWESOME news!
    Way to go Sly...you the Dog!
    :clap::clap::clap:

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  20. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Funkee Human Being

Software Engineer
    You know me.