Huge announcement courtesy of our friends at CSNNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Charcoal Filtered

Charcoal Filtered Writing Team

I would say we put all Comcast complaints in another sticky thread. Good work Sly!

2. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    [​IMG]

Seriously, this is cool.

3. KevinCSN

KevinCSN Member

We've hashed this out in other threads already but if this is your line of thinking on how things work you are grossly misinformed and just looking for the easy "I hate Comcast" excuse.

4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    This is pretty cool. Thanks to our S2 overlords for getting this for us. And thanks to whoever at CCSNW for providing it. I appreciate it

:cheers:

Now about that monopoly.... ;)

5. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Bro, if your mission is to come in here just to defend CSN, you will fail. State your business and step back, or join us in discussions about the Blazers.

Sent from my Baller-Ass 5.5" iPhone 6+......... FAMS

6. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Bro, if your mission is to come in here just to defend CSN, you will fail. State your business and step back, or join us in discussions about the Blazers.

Sent from my Baller-Ass 5.5" iPhone 6+......... FAMS

7. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

yeah this will help not escalate things ***Feverishly searches for the most egregious "EYE ROLL" gif on the internet***

8. Nhawz

Nhawz Lickety Brindle

This. Fuck Comcast, won't watch their gracious pressers either. 7 YEARS!!!

9. Nhawz

Nhawz Lickety Brindle

Sorry sly, this isn't directed at you and your hard work you put in day in and day out to better this forum. Your doing great. There is just so much animosity that I carry towards Comcast that I can't bring myself to applaud them for graciously letting me stream the post game pressers after I have to watch the real game on sportscenter highlights. Just scorned and upset at not only Comcast but the Blazers management that signed this 10 year deal

10. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Just how much is Comcast paying you for coming into this forum to defend those crooks?

11. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

You're not really understanding this are you?

12. Wheels

I'd venture to guess that as the day wears on, such an obnoxious comment by one of their employees, would garner more and more heat, rather than it simmering down. Just one man's opinion though.

13. Wheels

that said, I'm sorry your thread didnt as planned. Your hard work is very appreciated Sly.. for reals!

14. KevinCSN

KevinCSN Member

I have no mission to defend CSN but when I see misinformation, I'm going to call it out. I'm here to get in on some Blazer talk and this is one small step in increasing the partnership aspect of all things CSN/Blazers.

Hate "Comcast" all you want, but don't spout things like a dish deal doesn't get done because "Comcast" wants you to switch to their service to make more money.

That couldn't be further from the truth. CSN/Comcast/NBC (whoever you want to call it) would make WAY more money from signing a Dish and/or DirecTV deal than it ever will from the small % of people who switch providers to watch games. And those that do switch have NOTHING to do with the CSN financial bottom line.

15. Wheels

16. SlyPokerDog

What he meant and what he's explained before is that he works for CSNNW which is a division of NBC/Universal. Go on CSNNW's website and you'll see that he is an editor of sports content. He's a sports fan like us. He had and has nothing to do with the current contract between the Blazers and Comcast. Since all he wants to do is draw attention to the journalists on that site cover the area's sports teams, while he can't say it, if it were up to him he'd stream the games for free because that would draw more attention to his tiny area of Comcast. While the majority of us hate the current deal to keep teeing off on this guy and CSNNW is misplaced. I'm not defending them or the Blazers on this, just explaining what is going on.

I'm frustrated too, last year we had an opportunity to send in questions to Chris McGowan for him to answer. While I didn't think it was fair to heat him up over a contract he had nothing to do with, I specifically asked about the Comcast situation and what could fans expect from the next contract. Would the Blazers demand a streaming option so more fans can enjoy the games? My questions about the TV contract were completely ignored.

Lets be honest for a second, nothing is going to change before the contract expires. What we as fans need to do is start focusing on the next contract. To make reasonable informed demands and to do some real soul searching to the question that will be of most concern to the Blazers and that is what are we willing to pay per game to watch the team? You can bitch or we can demand that this never happens again.

17. Wheels

I'm not arguing any points against him. I actually didnt say anything on this thread until that comment. My main point is when an employee of an already poorly looked upon company, makes an obnoxious comment, it probably will result in obnoxious responses.

Was better left unsaid.

18. KevinCSN

KevinCSN Member

Unsaid breeds more misinformation. Be angry, but be informed too.

19. Wheels

As someone who has to deal with a lot of misinformation in my line of work also... I usually find better results by responding in an, at least, somewhat professional manner. My two cents.

20. SlyPokerDog

So the real question that everyone wants answered is when can HCP and I have our own show and what kind of budget would we have?