Huge Fight erupts in Pistons-Pacers game

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by durvasa, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Ben Wallace over reacted to the Artest foul, so the Fans did too. Those Pistons fans do what ever Ben Wallace does. He grows his hair out they all start walking around with fros (some real, some fake). So its no surprise he throws something at Artest. And they do too.

Some of those Pistons fans should have stay in their seats cause alot of them got two pieaced especially those dudes that ran up on Artest when he was trying to leave the Arena Jermaine Oneal, had to lay one of those cats down. And Action Jackson took care of about two or three cats in the stands. I just want to know if someone hit that old lady that was laying on the floor, thats crazy if someone layed out Grandma.

Anyway, this was just wild. I think we will see some lenghty suspension not just one or two games, more like 8-10 games. And alot of people will be seeing some charges pressed against them. And some civil suits as well because the Suns' Q-Rich said it best alot of fans jumped into that mess smelling NBA money all the way. Just waiting for a NBA player to touch them. And alot of chumps just got rich the fast way.

2. TheHitman

TheHitman JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheMegaGreg:</div><div class="quote_post">This was probably the most amazing display of anger I have ever seen. Ron Artest will be suspended for more then a game, try 10-20. Artest took it to another level by jumping into the stands. He broke that universal rule, that you NEVER hit a fan. If he was taken out for a SEASON it would not surprise me. Forget a black eye to the league, this is more like a stab in the back. Artest has pretty well doomed his career, as I doubt even the most hardcore Pacers fan can defend him.
    J. Oneal was pretty out of it as well. He didnt go into the stands, but he did punch a fan who came onto the court. He should get 5 games minimum. That is unacceptable.

Reggie Miller was a real hero tonight aswell. I don't know how many noticed, but he, with his broken hand was trying to hold Artest back, and actually chased him into the stands to restrain him.
    Larry Brown also, just recovering from surgery, trying to hold Ben Wallace back, and trying to break up others as well.

Two real heros...</div>

Im not a Indiana fan, but I am totally backing on Artest on that one.. he did a good job on controlling himself until some dumb asshole threw iced beer at him. Everyone would had ran after him

3. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

I think what really pissed some people off was how Artest was keeping his cool even after ben wallace shoving him in the face. That drives some people to push his button and that fan hit the right one by throwing that cup in his face.

4. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

how can you commend Artest for keeping his cool, when moments later he lost it? i mentioned this in the other thread...Artest assaulted an innocent bystander.

the guy he assaulted had his beer in his hand. unless the guy decided to throw only one of his two beers, Artest assumed it was him and decided to beat him up.

yeah, great restraint and way to keep your cool.

5. navyballer18

navyballer18 JBB JustBBall Member

People keep saying this is the worst things that ever happened to the nba i disagree. i mean it's not something to be proud of but it's not as bad as doing drugs (half the portland trail blazers) and beating your wife(jason kidd). Some good will come out of it. New rules and sanctions will be thought of. But i am detroit fan and i love basketball but the way the fans reacted was absolutely childish and they have no exuse for what they did. But this some how isn't a black mark for the nba because the nba has already set a standard of drug abuse, disrespect of authority and illegitimate children. I say it's just gonna make for an exciting rivalry in the future.

6. Ancientmtk

Ancientmtk JBB JustBBall Member

Dude, that kidd's wife probably deserved it. Kidd is such a nice guy that she probably did something terrible to anger kidd.

7. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

This is an embarencement to all of Detriot and the National Basketball Association to have fans react the way they did. Sure Ben Wallace and Jackson may have over reacted but this incident really got out of hand when the fans took action into there own hands. Throwing bottles,cups, even chairs at officials,players,coaches,ect was really uncalled for and immature if you ask me.

8. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ancientmtk:</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, that kidd's wife probably deserved it. Kidd is such a nice guy that she probably did something terrible to anger kidd.</div>
    i am sorry man, but beating your wife is just not done! she could not possibly have desrved physical abuse like that and what you are saying is just plain STUPID!

9. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

VIDEO: INSANITY...

Scroll down a little, look towards the right, theres a link.. These actions were totally uncalled for. Wallace had no reason to push Artest, and Artest and Wallace shoulda walked away. I never knew Stephen Jackson was like that, I thought he was always, calm, and composed. Both teams should be fined, Artest should be out for atleast 8 games, Jackson for 8 also, Wallace for atleast 5. UNACCEPTABLE. This is what's wrong with the NBA. Security? I didn't see the game, but saw the highlights. The hit Artest got on that fan was insane. He just walked up and punched him. During all this, I only saw 1 police officer. J'O -- no reason to punch anybody. This couldve been as bad as Kermit Washington's punch on Rudy T. The NBA needs to take action..

10. kobe_8

kobe_8 JBB JustBBall Member

i like ben wallace before but he's the one who started it. detroit and their fans couldn't accept the fact that pacers was better that night. those drunk, s2pid, idiot, classless, whining fans should be banned in the nba.

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

If Artest hadn't of acted like a teenage kid then nothing of this would of happened in the first place. A fan threw a cup not a freaking chair. Ben overeacted yes but Artest has no reason to jump into the crowd, you get paid millions to keep your emotions in check, you don't break the NBA rules by punching people who pay to see you play.

12. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ancientmtk:</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, that kidd's wife probably deserved it. Kidd is such a nice guy that she probably did something terrible to anger kidd.</div>

Amazing.

This is off topic, but I feel obligated to respond. A man should never hit a woman, unless it is out of pure self defense. Even then, as males we should make an attempt to restrain the woman or leave the situation before hitting them. Would you want someone laying a hand on your mom or sister? I sure wouldn't, and that's part of why I would never hit a woman.

13. kobe_8

kobe_8 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">you don't break the NBA rules by punching people who pay to see you play.</div>

seems like they didn't want to see him play anymore [​IMG]

nba should take action about the availability of alcohol in every arena, same with other sports.

14. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

I agree, in baseball I believe that they limit the number of beers you can buy after the 6th inning. Do fans not drive themselves home from basketball games? Of course they do, so why has this rule not been instituted in basketball?

15. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

I agree, in baseball I believe that they limit the number of beers you can buy after the 6th inning. Do fans not drive themselves home from basketball games? Of course they do, so why has this rule not been instituted in basketball? Or has it and I'm just oblivious?

Either way, all concessions at sports arenas are expensive. If fans have enough beer to waste it on player's faces then they have too much.