I Can Fill Drogba's Boots

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by CelticKing, Dec 10, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">Shevchenko: I Can Fill Drogba's Boots</span></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<span class="sommario">Andriy Shevchenko has insisted that he can step up to the plate and score goals for Chelsea in the absence of Didier Drogba.</span></p>

Chelsea were rocked by the news that Didier Drogba required an operation which will now leave him sidelined for a month.</p>

But speaking on Monday, fellow Blues striker Andriy Shevchenko has vowed to keep scoring goals in the Ivorian hitman's absence.</p>

The Ukrainian international had fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge this season, restricted largely to substitute apperances, but scored Chelsea's opener in Saturday's 2-0 triumph over Sunderland.</p>

Scoring For The Team</p>

With Drogba also scheduled to partake in the African Cup of Nations in January, Shevchenko knows that the side need to find other sources of goals, insisting that he was their man.</p>

"Didier is a very important player for the club but now the manager has given me a chance to play," he told The Mirror. "I want to score and do my best for the team, and for myself. For me it's important to be part of the team.</p>

"If I can score goals I'm very happy. For the team it is very important that we win even when we are without Didier."</p>

Grant: Goals Are His Life</p>

Manager Avram Grant is also confident that Shevchenko would rediscover his prowess in front of goal, something that made him a hero in his time at AC Milan. "I think Sheva will revel in the responsibility," said Grant. "He is a great player. Scoring goals is his job. It is his life. It's what he's done since he was a child.</p>

"With Sheva it's a matter of expectations," the Israeli continued. "If you look at last season, he scored 14 goals and this year he's got four so far. If his name wasn't Shevchenko, you would say that was okay. But because he is called Shevchenko you expect him to play well."</p>

</div></p>

2. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

LOOOOOOOl.

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Thats Sheva for you. lol</p>

4. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hustler)</div><div class='quotemain'>LOOOOOOOl.</div></p>

</p>

thanks for your insights, very helpful comments....lol</p>

5. DDRickyDD

DDRickyDD SportsTwo Member.

Student
    Well, I don't think so. He's not the player he used to be.</p>