I think im going to f*cking kill myself.

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by BrewCityBuck, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jul 12 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>First of all, I like the new word you've invented - learnage. [​IMG] But I never said Yi will never be used at the 5 spot. He obviously will be used there at some point, for some amount of time, but the point is that unless he's in a Warriors/Suns style offense, he will never be able to be anything close to a full-time center. Ten to fifteen minutes per game at the 5? Sure, but Yi will never be one of those Amare, Jefferson, or Howard type of players that are basically just as effective at the 5 as they are at the 4.</div>Haha...I dont know where "learnage" came from...but ive used it before. I agree with you then...I thought BCB or somebody was saying he absolutely will NEVER play C...at all..

2. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 12 2007, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What about Earl Boykins? he had a pretty good season last year and free agency can get them a sg.(worst case scenario they can pickup sprewell and see how he does in a 1-year deal [​IMG] )They already have no depth and in that deal at least they get a superstar.</div>Earl Boykins won't be back with the Bucks. And Redd is a superstar also..

3. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I dont consider Redd a superstar...its just my opinion though...people have different standards of whos a superstar and whos not.

4. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BluffCityBlue @ Jul 12 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So I know you were wasted...but whatever...The reason why Dirk doesn't play C is because he doesn't have much of big man defense and frankly hes always had a solid center next to him most of his career. When/If Yi gets bigger, and he shows he has shotblocking ability, I think he will be able to play the 5 spot. Not full time...but a good 10 or so minutes a game..I think hes capable...eventually.</div>Yes, I was wasted, but I stand by my point.Dirk doesn't play center because he doesn't have the tools required to be a center. Neither does Yi. What you said doesn't really make sense. It's like saying, "Yeah, Yi doesn't have the tools to play center but if he did, he could!" Yeah, okay, I realize that he is 7 feet tall. There are plenty of guys that are 7 feet that can't play the five spot. The reason that Dirk doesn't play center is because Mark Cuban, Don Nelson, Donnie Nelson, Avery Johnson, and the rest of the people with any sense in the Mavs front office know that Dirk can't play center worth a crap. It could be said that Yi could play center, but not if anyone wants to win. I can't imagine anyone that has such crappy centers that they would want to play Yi instead.

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jul 12 2007, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, I was wasted, but I stand by my point.Dirk doesn't play center because he doesn't have the tools required to be a center. Neither does Yi. What you said doesn't really make sense. It's like saying, "Yeah, Yi doesn't have the tools to play center but if he did, he could!" Yeah, okay, I realize that he is 7 feet tall. There are plenty of guys that are 7 feet that can't play the five spot. The reason that Dirk doesn't play center is because Mark Cuban, Don Nelson, Donnie Nelson, Avery Johnson, and the rest of the people with any sense in the Mavs front office know that Dirk can't play center worth a crap. It could be said that Yi could play center, but not if anyone wants to win. I can't imagine anyone that has such crappy centers that they would want to play Yi instead.</div>What I said DID make sense, IF Yi can get bigger, and his he can learn post defense...then he can play C in the future occasionaly....its obvious Dirk isnt going to do that. And in the right system, Yi can play C even now probably...

6. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Jul 12 2007, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Earl Boykins won't be back with the Bucks. And Redd is a superstar also..</div>Redd is a superstar my ass. If michael redds a superstar then Rashard Lewis is a HOF nominee. Redd is no better then Ben Gordon, but it just so happens he plays on a team where he can play the star role. that being said, he isnt a bad player but superstar is not the word to describe him.

7. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 13 2007, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Redd is a superstar my ass. If michael redds a superstar then Rashard Lewis is a HOF nominee. Redd is no better then Ben Gordon, but it just so happens he plays on a team where he can play the star role. that being said, he isnt a bad player but superstar is not the word to describe him.</div> Michael Redd isn't a superstar, but he's a damn good player. I don't know where you get off thinking Rashard Lewis is a more superior player...he's not.

8. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Jul 13 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Michael Redd isn't a superstar, but he's a damn good player. I don't know where you get off thinking Rashard Lewis is a more superior player...he's not.</div>Rashard Lewis and michael redd are at the same level. that was my point. Both have no skills other then a shot, well rashard is actually a better rebounder if that counts but one-dimensional shooters. I agree Michael redd is good though, but kingjamez saying hes a superstar is way off the mark.

9. yishouldsignwiththebucks

yishouldsignwiththebucks BBW Member

is ray allen a superstar?

10. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 13 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Rashard Lewis and michael redd are at the same level. that was my point. Both have no skills other then a shot, well rashard is actually a better rebounder if that counts but one-dimensional shooters. I agree Michael redd is good though, but kingjamez saying hes a superstar is way off the mark.</div> Calling Rashard Lewis and Michael Redd, especially, one dimentional shooters is pretty ridiculous. Michael Redd has a great jumpshot, but thats not all he does, he gets to the line more than most players, and scores in the post, he isn't afraid of contact and his strength is underrated. Redd scores in a ton of different ways. Too many people have this impression of Redd as only a jumpshooter, that was accurate three years ago, but not anymore.

11. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Jul 15 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Calling Rashard Lewis and Michael Redd, especially, one dimentional shooters is pretty ridiculous. Michael Redd has a great jumpshot, but thats not all he does, he gets to the line more than most players, and scores in the post, he isn't afraid of contact and his strength is underrated. Redd scores in a ton of different ways. Too many people have this impression of Redd as only a jumpshooter, that was accurate three years ago, but not anymore.</div>That still speaks to him only being an offensive threat. He may score alot of points but in matchups against stars he gives up just as much if not more. When your trying to build around a player, you want them to be complete.

12. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 15 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That still speaks to him only being an offensive threat. He may score alot of points but in matchups against stars he gives up just as much if not more. When your trying to build around a player, you want them to be complete.</div> I wasn't debating his defensive abilities, I was debating your image of him only being a one dimentional shooter, which he's not. He's not just a shooter. A one-dimentional shooter is Kyle Korver or Wesley Person. No kidding when you build around a player you want them to be complete, but being in Milwaukee we don't have the luxury of having a complete/dominant player. We had no choice but to sign/build around Redd, superstars don't come/stay in Milwaukee, look at our history over the past 40 years.